Reviews for Passing Glances
ViolettBlack chapter 6 . 5/22/2014
This is hilarious! :-)
I am also an apple (the fruit) lover from Germany!
Looks like I have missed lots of fun in the Dark Angel fandom. It is such a bummer that I have discovered this lovely series so late. I only discovered, watched and fell in love with it last year.
Mari83 chapter 9 . 1/1/2009
I think what I like most in this is how it’s completely to the core and free of his smart Alec attitude, bringing out the sadness and tragic in Alec’s live without pretending that he’s okay and not caring.
shywr1ter chapter 3 . 1/1/2009
Gah! Did I know you were posting your short stuff here? Am I that behind/uninformed/rotten at keeping up?

Will fix that; may take a while but will...

The best place to start may be with this one, Rosemary. I love this (and because there's so much in it, no doubt this will be longer than the story!) The quiet in this piece, Logan's bittersweet memories, are all so good here. And for whatever reason, it wouldn't work with basil or mint or anything else I can think of (I love rosemary & went thru a real obsession with it a few months ago, so it really appealed for that extra reason, too!)

Things you did here that I liked so well: first, the film-like opening counter-play of the market bustle, then with the focused, quiet discovery of the rosemary, and then the appearance of the plants themselves, "in "little plastic pots ... struggling to grow and survive..." - nice analogy to so many struggling to survive in the economy.

Next, the memories elicited by the herb - olfactory triggers are common, but you know even more so to miracle chef Logan, and especially as it connects to Max, and oh! that it's in the 3 months between his being shot and her showing up at his place again - it makes me think that the memories & emotions would be very, very close at the moment...

I love his certainty she'd saved him from the bomb blast at the hospital, and that she'd return. Perfect.

But the very very best was how you tied it up with a bow:

"On impulse, he bought a little rosemary plant."

Maybe my favorite of yours. Thanks!
gingersnappy chapter 8 . 12/10/2008
Okay, that was the sweetedt, hottest, neatest thing! Ics has never been so hot. Secret marriages are so romantic :)
gingersnappy chapter 5 . 12/10/2008
Damn! I think too many fans see Logan as soft but you remind us that he's been through the wars. Hot stuff.

ginger
gingersnappy chapter 4 . 12/10/2008
I love the "PS choose your own adventure" but it really fits Logan, maybe explains Cindy's instant dislike of him.
gingersnappy chapter 3 . 12/10/2008
aw! This is why I like Logan - because he's old enough for proper introspection :)
gingersnappy chapter 2 . 12/10/2008
Hella awesome! Everything the inside of Zack's head should be: mechanical and poetic. You've made the techinical lyrical adn that blows me away. I love drabbles because they allow such perfect moments to be created.

thanks,

Ginger
gingersnappy chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Sweet look into Max's head. I love early Max and the growth she goes through in Season 1 and you drop some nice character insights and series callbacks into a short package.

Well done.

Ginger
Aurora2424 chapter 8 . 9/6/2008
Lovely, happy, fuzzy snippet, how I adore thee! It makes me wish it was part of a larger story. My favorite line: "Only Logan would have thought it was important enough, worth the risk and the considerable expense to give her a tangible symbol." And only he would have realized the significance to Max :-) Thanks for this.
Aurora2424 chapter 7 . 9/6/2008
So funny, slightly disturbing! I think what really makes this snippet is the details: "She tore the thing right off, and that was a strong polyester blend too." - just hilarious.
Mari83 chapter 7 . 9/3/2008
Always love your humor-stuff (and just admire how smoothly you write) and this is so funny (even though despite your best efforts I’m still missing the necessary education to catch all of the context).

You absolutely captured Normal’s twisted way of thinking (just calling her Max is just what he would do) and double identity and I can so imagine his excitement to get home that day so he can sit down and write, looking very pleased with himself.
Brina2468 chapter 8 . 9/2/2008
I loved this last one. The fact that Max was so wrapped up in her wedding ring. Absolutely stunning!
Brina2468 chapter 7 . 9/2/2008
Haha! That was disturbing! Excellent as always, but disturbing.
BlueAngel137 chapter 8 . 9/2/2008
This is beautiful, love the mood you set, and love Max's reaction on the ring ... and that Logan is so "mission oriented", LOL.

THANKS.