Reviews for Savior
Lovett so much! ;)
hervissa chapter 14 . 12/31/2012
I just love this story. It shows soo much of the caring and loving Sweeney... _
I don't know what to say. All your stories are like diamonds, so amazing... :D
Let's just hope that you'll keep writing ;)

hervissa-who-is-stunned-by-this-unbelievable-fic :)
Inkfire chapter 14 . 7/31/2010
I loved this!
CaptainFlyingSparrow chapter 14 . 5/2/2010
WOW this story is absolutely amazing!
unamuerte chapter 14 . 1/29/2010
So in the end Sweeney *does* turn out to be her saviour. What a welcome change from the depressing film - that you can actually find hope in their lowest of the low lives. I can't analyse how you manage to make this believable, but you do it so well I believe Sweeney has the capacity to love her, something Nellie realises at the end of this fic and it will obviously take him several more months to realise. Lucy's words went a long way in this to give their relationship a blessing. Wonderful fic, and I enjoyed every second of my Saturday afternoon because of it!
unamuerte chapter 13 . 1/29/2010
"Mrs. Lovett had never thought that she would ever like Lucy for something that she had said or done, but now she felt a lot of gratitude for the now crazy blond woman."

Yes, I feel the same! I was actually cheering for Lucy at the end of this chapter, thinking she'd done at least one small useful thing in her uneventful life. I really hope Sweeney has the strength to overcome the past, but I have my doubts. The way you write the characters, however, just wins me over no matter what the outcome for their future.
unamuerte chapter 12 . 1/29/2010
And what I suspected about their "romance" was exactly right. Another difficult chapter to read: for some reason I can't believe Sweeney feeling passion for Mrs Lovett but when you write it it becomes believable ~ I guess now my idea of Sweeney is a combination of both the film and fandom - I was literally gripping my pillow when I read this! I lovett, especially because it's not fluffy happiest-little-elf style sweenett.
unamuerte chapter 11 . 1/29/2010
Why why why why did Sweeney have to ruin the moment! I did not for one moment doubt any of that, it had all the right ingredients that made it so sad and sensual and perfect precisely because it wasn't perfect. That's almost as romantic as it gets with these two I sometimes think, and I loved this chap for restoring the old Mrs Lovett. It just made me realise what a big step it is for Sweeney to allow her to touch him so intimately. Sometimes I feel if I hear/read/write the name "Lucy" it will drive me crazy!
unamuerte chapter 10 . 1/29/2010
Oh the drama...I'm doubting if Mrs Lovett is going to be able to trust him, even though she's obviously still in love with him. And Sweeney, he truly is one messed up cookie in this. It was nice to have the Toby/Nellie reunion, and I'm glad I ate before I read the cake baking/devouring scene D
unamuerte chapter 9 . 1/29/2010
Well I couldn't stand it any longer. I had to go and eat. It's good this isn't rushed at all - Mrs Lovett's freaking out over a hand touch on her shoulder, quite understandably. I wonder what Sweeney has in mind...
unamuerte chapter 8 . 1/29/2010
I had a red face for Mrs Lovett when Sweeney had to tie that corset. I like that you keep Sweeney honest - he doesn't suddenly act "friendly" due to a mass character brain transplant but because it is necessary for him to be nice. It's a nice touch that shows again how well thought out your fics are. I know this isn't part of the review but I'm absolutely starving. I'm sure you have those moments when you're really into reading a fic but you're too lazy to get off the bed and go make something? I just really don't want to tear myself away from this fic, and it's so nice to finally have a working laptop that I can sit comfortably on my bed instead of the old Sweeney-tantrum-chucking piece of *beep*.
unamuerte chapter 7 . 1/29/2010
I'm officially addicted now. I can't get enough of this amazing fic. I love the parallel between Nellie and Lucy and how Nellie feels she can overcome what Lucy couldn't. This sentence also made me sit up and notice: "Only the sound of a human body going through the chute and crashing down on the basement floor every once and a while told her that the world and time hadn’t stopped along with her life."

To me it's both humorous and shocking that even time is measured by corpses in Mrs L's world. And the character depth again is what makes me adore your writing so much; Sweeney cares for her while never entirely shaking off his despicable side, and Mrs Lovett is *wisely* taking her time to trust him.
unamuerte chapter 6 . 1/29/2010
This has got to be my favourite chapter so far. It could easily stand alone as a one shot, the conversation is very real to me and there's so much going on you can tell you really thought it out getting their different perspectives right. It intrigues me, the whole idea that the tables have turned: Mrs Lovett shying from human contact, Sweeney desiring it, and both of them held back from each other by their respective problems. And the part where Nellie's rambling about wishing she could have "pleased" Sweeney is another interesting angle too, reminding me of how desperate/self-sacrificing she is.

I need to start keeping a copy of my favourite quotes, and this is now one of them: "In his black orbs, of which most people would say that they were filled with darkness, only she could see the hints of light that were still in them."
unamuerte chapter 5 . 1/29/2010
Oh wow. This is a very clever set up: Mrs Lovett wanting the innocent Benjamin Barker back, but instead finally having Sweeney return her affections and Sweeney feeling tortured and sinful for desiring her because Turpin desired her. Not to mention Mrs Lovett being repulsed by Sweeney now - it almost does your head in! Another tense and well written chapter )
unamuerte chapter 4 . 1/29/2010
I can't get over how much your writing has improved by the fourth chapter alone. I realised you'd written the first few chapters during the first half of 2008, and the scene where Sweeney accidentally comes upon Mrs Lovett bathing in the bakehouse is just so beautifully written I had a sad-smile on my face imagining it and re-read it twice just to savour it. I also really like the final sentences in this chapter:

"He simply needed her to survive, for if she died, just like his Lucy, injustice would prevail once more. Then, he would be totally alone in the darkness of London, and once more he’d be too late to save a woman he cared for."

So well done. )