Reviews for Selfish
orchid14 chapter 4 . 2/25
Wow... that was quite an interesting insight into Kenshin's feelings and thoughts concerning his "sayonara" before leaving for Kyoto. Perhaps you're right... he may have wanted Kaoru to stop him, to ask him to stay with her, to be loved and wanted like a normal man. You depicted it so well! I felt so bad for the extic-looking, lonely kimono, and for Kenshin, too

Kaoru is my favorite character in the series. Thank you for the wonderfully written story!
thoughtsofawanderer01208 chapter 4 . 1/10/2014
i am a fan... really! this story is well-written... you pointed out the part of kenshin himura that most of us wanted to see.. i really hope that you won't abandon this and you'll find time in your busy schedule to update some of your works... May Kami-sama continue to shower you with bright ideas and good health. Katajikenai :)
zahtarah31 chapter 4 . 11/20/2013
This is a really wonderful story, you moved me to tears with the parallels between the red kimono and kenshin :) Hope you will post the last chapter sometime even if it has been long since the last update...
Best wishes
meantoddy chapter 2 . 6/19/2013
Ummm just reread this again today (the last few chapters). And I recommend reading it with a sad song playing on the background, that is if you want to cry your heart out, which I did. T_T please, please update... We love your work. Amazing.
policis chapter 4 . 6/18/2013
argh! fifth chapter where are you? *gurgling in frustration*
CaylieJelly chapter 4 . 4/13/2013
I failed to comment on this when I first read it. But now that I am re reading it, the emotions in what you've written is indescribable, so raw, so palpable. I want to bawl my eyes out. This is seriously one of the best, if not, this is the best, uptake of the farewell scene. Hands down!
meantoddy chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
i found my self crying over that exchange with the kimono... and somehow i didn't even understand half of it... wow, very good job. i hope you continue this... please? :)
meantoddy chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
I wanna cry... Kaoru! ;) I'm such a fan of her too. She deserves every kaoru-centric FIC out there. Thanks for sharing. Beautifully written :)
MoonClaimed chapter 4 . 10/30/2011
Beautifully done. It was a great read, and I loved the metaphor, it worked really well. And the line about Kenshin not being perfect because he was human was great.

P.S. I felt so bad for that kimono by the end...
rebecca chapter 4 . 9/29/2011
you have to simply continue this story. the uptake of the kyoto scene between kaoru and kenshin just totally changed for me and you have me convinced that this fic is probably right and i've been a rurouni kenshin fan for YEARS and i thought i understood it to its core but you totally blew my mind so pls continue!
Allemagne chapter 4 . 7/12/2011
This was breathtaking. Although I assume I shouldn't wait for an update, I love how you brought an entirely new perspective to Kenshin's character that, to be quite honest, I hadn't even considered before. Everyone expects him to be a manslayer or a superhero, and all he wants is to be normal and loved. But he ends up fulfilling the roles people place on him because he feels as though that's what he has to do. You explained both of their feelings delicately and superbly, and very much in character. Loved it.
Neroli Jasmine chapter 4 . 9/29/2010
Your story is beautiful, thank you for writing it :)
Brukaoru chapter 4 . 7/10/2009
This is so... Beautiful! I just love how you've interpreted the whole departure sequence and are viewing it in a whole different light. The kimono comparison is lovely too. Excellent work! :D
KatieB19 chapter 4 . 5/30/2009
love it
RedWingedAngel002 chapter 4 . 1/4/2009
Wow.. It would be great if it ended right then and there.. But really.. Truly.. I cant wait for the next chapter..

ari chan