Reviews for Spare the Rod
Tropicallight chapter 1 . 4/14
It was really very nice :D
KHB123 chapter 1 . 3/28
This story was very touching. Poor little Rin:( How dare that man hurt a little girl! And how dare the people from before! I'm glad Sess took brutal action this time to protect his little girl, because before, he had been paralyzed and didn't know her that well, but today was totally different from back then. It always astounded me that no one even bothered to help Rin back before she met Sesshoumaru, even more so when they beat her instead, and she is so sweet and kind. I guess I was right in believing that Rin had become mute not just because of her family's deaths or that the villagers were cruel to her, but that she had never cried once. You could either cry to mourn, or remain silent, and it would have been heartbreaking if Rin had reverted back to being mute when she is supposed to be a chatty and cheerful child.
I love how Sesshoumaru expresses fully how well he sees Rin as his daughter and whole world, that he would do anything to protect her. It's totally true.
ddddaaaae chapter 1 . 1/20
hello; sesshomaruandrin . blogspot . com

sesshomaruandkagura . blogspot . com
Guest chapter 1 . 6/13/2015
pobrecita lin que malo yo también asustaria al que quiere robarme pero no lo atacaría asi siendo una niña pequeña
Ranuel chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
When Sess licks the wound I nearly cried. Their relationship is one of my favorite thing in IY.
Pixychick84 chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
There are words for this lovel ov adorible. Also the thell is up with the manga!? And I though than anime was bad about all the healing things and, yet Sesshoumaru still has one arm? Serisuoly!?
overninethousand chapter 1 . 9/23/2013

That was cute!
MalikaiDragonSlayer chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
So adorable I loved it.
WanderingChild96 chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
This was adorable! I love how gentle Sesshomaru-sama was with Rin-chan, and yet again you kept him in character! You're absolutely amazing at doing that, and also at portraying emotion:) I've added this story to my favorites, and you to my favorite authors!

WanderingChild96
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
Loved this so much. It's amazing that you can include so much fluff and still keep everybody (especially Sesshomaru) in character.

Great work; this was fantastic.
Onba chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Thats so cute!
LivingXDeadXGirl chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
aw so sweet
Ravyn Skye chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Aw cute!

Now, I'll be honest... if you're the type to check out the stories of those who review you... I wouldn't check out any of mine as they are all Sess/Rin as a pairing, and you're obviously with the Sess/Rin father/daughter 'camp' - LOL - But I have to say that I like to read about them regardless of the relationship being portrayed (as, even as a pairing, when she's a CHILD it wouldn't change much in his actions, presumably).

I also have to say that I've been reading your fics this morning, and all of them are so INCREDIBLY well written, and such a pleasure to read.

Your word choices are interesting without sounding pretentious and your characterization is wonderful, showcasing your ability to soften Sesshomaru JUST ENOUGH without going 'overboard', and give enough logical explanation behind it to make him plausible and real.

While it’s obvious that some 'authors' here still struggle with the basics of punctuation and grammar and it's nice to see someone on a different level... where we can talk about things like 'style' and 'composition', because you most obviously have the basics mastered.

Speaking of 'style' and 'composition' - absolutely lovely. Pace, flow, and the intangibles that make a story great: all those elements come together perfectly here.

The point of view shift works so well! It's just 'abrupt' enough to bring you back to the reality of the situation, from Sesshomaru's inner musings and re-engage you with the present scene, before you become just as lost in Sesshomaru’s thoughts as he seems to become at times. We really get to feel and think right along with the character here.

Rin's child-like perception and the contrast of Sesshomaru's aristocratic and somewhat detached perceptions makes the fic dynamic and adds depth.

In short, (now that I've killed you with TL;DR) a fascinating and exceptionally well-crafted one-shot.

Hearts and Hugs,

RS
LucidKren chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
This was a beautiful piece. I can't think of much to say other than this story left me with a peaceful, warm feeling in my heart.