Reviews for The Chess Match
SMaleekaA chapter 14 . 7/19
This story idea is so much intriguing! I'm so much glad that Light won the chess game, yeah! :)
And that was the end of that.

How sad. It was starting to pick up.

I guess i'll have yet again another disappointment in fan fiction.
TwistedTwizzler chapter 14 . 7/2
Can't wait for the next one!
You have done the characters justice for sure.
TwistedTwizzler chapter 10 . 7/1
Amazing, still loving every chapter.
I'm honestly surprised this fic hasn't had more attention than it does.
I don't know how you did it, but you made a chess match more exciting than hundreds of fight scenes I've read on this sight. Awesome.
ryeonixg chapter 14 . 3/25
Was most of that just a flash back? Or did the scene jump for kaminejima island to the academy
SirMandokarla chapter 10 . 2/27
I've come up with a few inconsistencies, within the story or with the source material. With CG, at least. I know the Wiki of DN.

Lelouch is prone to freaking out when his plans are dashed, but that usually requires very extreme circumstances. His level of distraction with Light, seemingly all the time, is very out of character. He's very much the sort who would retreat, find out as much as he could, then go on the offensive again. He seems to be so consistently caught off guard by light that there's no plausible reason for him not to avoid contact until he could find another point of attack.

The instant conclusion that Light's companion is Kira is nonsensical. While it is clearly a supernatural/magical creature of some kind, its relation to Kira is far too large a leap of logic for Lelouch or C.C. to make.

Either Kallen invited Light to the Black Knights on their second date, or you did a very poor job of showing that they knew each other for a decent amount of time. This is a big problem, because Kallen needs a better reason to trust Light than "he's Japanese". On top of this, Kallen seems to be genuinely infatuated with Light. That's a particularly egregious fault, because Kallen should be worried that, if her personality changes, Light will cease to like her. Unless it's supposed to be completely obvious that they both only went out because each of them finds the other attractive, with no concern for personality.

Lelouch lies to Nunnaly. This is an injustice to the character. He bends the truth and keeps secrets, but he made a promise to never lie to her, and values her too much to break that promise lightly. It's one of the things designed to make Lelouch likable and easier to identify with, so it's important to keep in mind.

That's it, then. The story is probably moving a little bit fast because you're concerned, what with your update rate, that it's moving slowly. I just thought you ought to know that it's ok to slow down the story, but any slower on the updates and people'll start thinking you're dead. Again.
Locothehood chapter 14 . 12/3/2015
Ok ive read all 14 chapters so far and i got to say it is spot on. Tho i got to add i want to see a little more of L. Tho i guess being stuck on a sub is not the most interesting thing to write about, I kinda like the way him and C C
interact. She seems to enjoy flustering people and he seems almost incapable of such a thing.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/17/2015
Jack Wtf? First of all it should be shown Lelouch has shown such strategic and tactical aptitude he can think up of 100 possibilities in no longer than a second their both intelligent. manipulative, craffty, and resourceful but in terms of thinking ahead Lelouch is light years ahead of Yagami simply because in the beginning Lelouch wasn't even planning to use geass to take control of the army and has shown to outmatch other people in wits in terms of strategic aptitute. It should be known from the very beginning the minute he received geass he was planning on his death to reunite the world.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/17/2015
korrd I completely agree both Light and lelouch are very similar their both intelligent, manipulative and resourceful. But when it comes to thinking ahead Lelouch beats Light by far. He lead a whole FUCKING DAMN ARMY.
randomirony chapter 14 . 10/22/2015
Wow, I read this story years ago, when there were only like three chapters or so... By chance I found it again and got all caught up. Really loving how the story has progressed and the way the Death Note characters are being integrated into the Code Geass universe.

I notice you haven't updated in over a year, but since it seems like you've been updating slowly but steadily over the past 6 years or so, I'll hold out hope that this story may yet be updated. Thanks for writing and I hope to see an update soon!
Quiet Leaf chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
That chess match was so suspenseful. The whole time I didn't know which character to side with, and ended up hoping that it would be stopped at a stalemate.

I was not so fortunate.
wTigerStripes chapter 4 . 10/2/2015
Stantoff of 3 geniuses. Should be awesome :D.
Demonic Mello chapter 14 . 9/17/2015
This is amazing. I hope you become famous for this work. It seems very Legit. I hope you will like one I'm making where LuLu and Light switch bodies and can't get out so Light has the geas and has to be zero and LuLu has to keep the police from chasing him. (Light's book makes him guilty enough) Still I am favorating and following this master piece you created. My head spun around as a fan of both mostly death note I am proud something can make the two not fighting each other and the ending not be cracky. I love how it was premeeting of L and Light too. I was waiting for sparks to fly if they knew each other. All of it is fantastic. I'm showing this to my friends and they will get to experience your written ambrosia. My only concern is if you pair lulu with Shirly make Shirly not sooo stupid and make her know about zero but unable to tell anyone.
AusKid chapter 14 . 9/5/2015
Just read from start to finish today. Very good stuff, you balance the two fandoms very well. As someone who favours Light, of the two of them, I'm pretty happy with his treatment, as he can often be portrayed less glamorously on this site. Furthermore, I appreciate the Kallen pairing, it adds a nice layer of depth. Keep doing what your doing!

Oh-, right, criticism. Geez. I haven't really got much criticism for anything you've done, the only thing that comes to mind is that the actual death note has been a non-factor so far, and the geass as well to a degree. I'm sure you have tricks up your sleeve with regards to both, I'll just mention my surprise that Light hasn't done more with it.