Reviews for Kurenai sensei
SilverRider09 chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
Sounds very interesting...so it's not going any further? Aww...but I suppose it would be better to leave it this way. Hmm.

Great one-shot!
niffaith chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
And now I'll take this as canon. Thank you.
Fher34 chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
O.O I've always liked kurenai but now I've seen her in another light :d
SomeDamn Author chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
LOVE the alternate Kurenai personality. Great job !
ClockRepair chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
So my interpretation of this is that Kurenai is teaching her team her genjutsu and grooming them to be deadly. The one thing I don't understand is why she would smile when she'd hear that her students didn't do so well during their Chuunin exam. Wouldn't she be upset that all of her hard work totally backfired? Is it too late to get an explanation of this? I mean, I AM reviewing it five years after it was published.

Even so, I love the writing style of this oneshot. It was dark and shiver-inducing and so, so awesome. Thank you for this.
sora kazega chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Talk about giving Kurenai a completely badass (if somewhat creepy) character! DAMN! Underneath the Underneath, heh.
Mana chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Team ten also didn't improve at all either and team seven barely improved.
Snake of Medusa chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Oooh, creepy! Very nice!
ZuzVaiyo chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Kurenai is not what she portrays. For she is master of illusion. Others see only what she lets them. She has cute genin to pass on her talents to now. Their (family) abilities combined with her illusions...

In a world with powers over reality and perception...

Beware those who seem insignificant.

...taught by a master...

A shy girl. whose eyes can pierce (and probably help make) the mightiest of illusions.

A loudmouth with a dog. the dog is as smart as he really is.

A silent boy. with the power of a hive(mind?).

Part 2:

The shy one is still shy, but is forced to show some of her potential (but not her illusions, as the ringed eyes trump hers)

the tiny dog appears to be a mighty battle mount for a loudmouth boy

the (mostly) silent one is still (mostly) silent

the master produces a heir to the Sarutobi clan via Asuma.

who supposedly died

just as planned

Tremble before the implications.

Favorited
mabidiso chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
I will NEVER EVER look at Kurenai the same way again. Man, did you ever make her the baddest ass of all the bad asses. Sublime and poisonous.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
surreal and disturbing
FuryouMiko chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Very cool. The reviews offer insights that I hadn't thought of on my own - I took saying that two of them were out cold, and the third unharmed literally, and that that was good, because they hadn't tipped their hands even by accident.
Jan Lee chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Okay. So let's see if I've come to the right conclusion. Kurenai has taught her students to portray what everyone expects them to be, ie: unconfident girl, loudmouth bully, quiet seriousness, but in actuality Team 8 is lethal and deadly. Now this I'm not sure about: they use genjutsu to perpetuate the image, so Hinata and Kiba didn't really lose, but rather, cast genjutsu on everyone to make them think they lost. In that way, they remain hidden and completely lethal and no one's the wiser. The same is true for Kiba and Hinata going unconscious...that was also a genjutsu but they were participating in the fight, but unseen. Shino's genjutsu was that he was affcted by the posion, but, like Kiba and Hinata, he really wasn't.

Is that right?

Otherwise, I really had to think through this whole thing. I haven't had to "think" about a story in a while. Nice work, and thanks for the challenge. )
1WiththeButterfly chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
This is too much like Nightmare Fuel for me to be comfortable reading, yet this is probably the third time I've read it. Its just too intriguing to let lie while it still has secrets to unravel.

At the moment, I'm interpretating it as Kurenai teaching her students to be abject psychopaths, commiting murders in the slums, telling only her. Screcy, lies, death.

"Keep to the shadows, be unnoticed, fade into the background. Hide, Run, Strike" with her constant whisperings, Team 8 will not be in a healthy state after this.

But thats only what I got this time. I think the first interpretation of this had something to do with none of them actually being hurt in the Chunnin Exams, and the Second involved kurenai keeping them in a genjutsu all the time.

At this point, I'm likely to read this again at some point, just to see what my head can make of it next time.
malko050987 chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
This made me shiver, and it's quite hot outside.

Very wellwritten.