Reviews for Mating Games 12: Game Over
Mariel1 chapter 2 . 5/30/2008
I've been a lurker for some time now, not because I don't like to leave reviews, but because I just genuinely forget.

I'm not forgetting this time!

I guess I wasn't paying much attention, because I didn't notice that Ursula was up to anything significant. Rather than creating 'ideal' characters, you portrayed your originals just as if they were real people; not infallible, but basically good-hearted (with the possible exception of Marie, she reminds me too much of girls I used to go to school with!), even though they have their own agendas from time to time. After learning about the part Ursula played in breaking up Angela and Broadway, I...guess I still like her! I can sort of understand why she did it, and maybe in the long run she saved Angela and Broadway from being stuck in a loveless 'marriage'. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Seeing Broadway choose Martha instead was a surprise. I got to thinking about those two time-travelling gargoyles from a previous story, and that really makes me wonder...

Don't worry, you've still got readers who like where things are going. Keep up the good work!
Aneirin Lewis chapter 2 . 4/26/2008
I'm not quite sure how to react to this. Don't get me wrong, it was very well-written, but... not what I would have wanted to happen. But that's the beauty of fanfiction - there are so many different ways an author can take things, and if it's well written, it'll usually be good.

I ... well. I can't say that this is my favourite story arc because it's not, and I've been following your series right from the start, even if I didn't start reviewing until recent instalments.

I hope that you can continue this and I'm VERY interested in where and how this will all end (though I do hope that the end is very far from now).

Now, hurry up and get Deadly Moon written: I can't wait!
wondergirl chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
okay, so now that this particular segment of your arc is completed, I'd decided to go back and reread the "mating games" storyline from the beginning through to the end. just because theres a lot of time between updates (not a criticism, just an observation! ) and usually I forget things that have already happened.

two confusions I have. the first is about the whole lex/rebecca/robert mating. during the leaders discussion in part 9, one of the options is to have 3 way pairings. father maurice is even present at that meeting and no one shouted out "blasphemy!" or anything like that. did they mean just for the breeding and not for being mated? wouldn't that have been worse? is it bad because its lex/robert and not just lex/rebecca, robert/rebecca? hm...

my other question is about angela/broadway's children coming back in time. does broadway choosing martha mean that the kids came from "a" future and not "the" future? does it mean broadway and angela potentially get back together? hm...

in general, some things I don't personally agree with how it would happen. some things I think are out of character. but overall you have a great writing style. and damn, I check for updates regularly, so you have definitely got my attention! ) keep it up!
DarkAnubisAngel chapter 2 . 4/21/2008
I have been a fan of Gargoyles for years. I was surprised that there were many other fans as well. I have read your series called Mating Games and find it really believable for the Gargoyles series. It is one of my favorites and I find you an extremely talented writer and hope you continue writing your version of the series and include many new interesting twists like you have before. I also hope that you will read my version of the Gargoyles' series, of what happened after the animation version ended, when I get it online, and I hope to recieve a review from you. Thank you for writing such an awesome story, if I may make a suggestion, I hope that Elisa is able to have a child with Goliath, because it would be interesting to see how the child's story is told. Oh well waiting for the next chapter and wishing it is a good story.
Gryphinwyrm7 chapter 2 . 4/21/2008
Well...I...hm. I can't say I cared for the last few chapters, I am fond of the Broadway/Angela pairing (But you know me: I love Cannon) and personally I felt that Angela seemed out of character. Nevertheless you are a good writer and it seemed somewhat plausible within your context. I know that many people read into the whole Gabriel/Angela idea, but you can count me as one who just never saw it (in the show) I always felt that Angela and Gabriel were brother-sister, and I did notice Gabriel and Ophelia during the battle with the Archmage. (Though I didn't know Ophelia's name)

That being said: I look forward to the clan's return to Manhattan, and especially Brooklyn taking charge of the situation at hand. I hope to get to know Isabel a little better too.

And I especially look forward to your story in the Items of Enchantment Anthology, as I hope you look forward to mine.

Sleep Well
Geminia chapter 2 . 4/20/2008
And with that I will be monitoring me e-mail, waiting for the next update. Blasted cliffies, I knew that was coming, but I thought it would be about Elisa. Also, I am all for retribution and I am thinking Ursula needs some from Angela. I knew something was wrong with her but not sure what.

Gemini
Wispr chapter 2 . 4/20/2008
Oh that was a fantastic chapter and now have to wait and see what has happen with Fox, Ann and the kids!

Wispr
Kudara chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
I wondered if that would happen, I always thought Angela was just choosing someone to get the three males to leave her alone. As for her problem with Gabriel thats a thorny one, if she absolutely hates being on Avalon she shouldn't chose him. Her being miserable and there just to be with him is a another recipe for disaster just like her choosing Broadway was.
Geminia chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
Awesome chapter and cannot say it was nothing I did not see coming. Good job and cannot wait for the next update! I hope poor Yvette ends up with someone wonderful, I just love her. And Angela, yeah cannot say I dislike her. They both did bad things, but at least things will sort themselves out and Gabriel will not have mated.

Gemini
Wispr chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
Good chapter and sorry to see Angela and Broadway not get together, but your reasoning behind it was good. Can't wait to see what develops down the road for Angela.

Can't wait for more!