Reviews for The Lady and the Knight
Raptured Night chapter 19 . 6/24
You write with such a distinctive and unique voice and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. There are plenty of authors out there who have managed to cultivate their own style (which does require a lot of effort and skill) but I've found that having a "voice" as an author is more a matter of instinct. It's no easy feat and much harder to learn than even the technical skills of the craft.

Your take on Sarah ranks among one of my favorite to date. No longer the hapless damsel, she's taken her life by the reigns and truly lived after her experiences in the Labyrinth and it's just so exciting to read her like that. I always have struggled with the conception of Sarah as someone who would have gone on to lead an unfulfilling life, even if I can understand the narrative purpose of it pushing her back to Jareth and his Labyrinth.

Which brings me to Jareth. I'll confess right now, I love when an author is able to capture his vulnerability. He is a dynamic character and quite mercurial but there was far more vulnerability there than I believe is sometimes acknowledged. You found a balance between Jareth the Goblin King and Jareth who pledge to make a slave of himself to a young Sarah if she would only accept her dreams from him.

This story has spoiled me for good Labyrinth fic for a while. It joins another favorite author of mine as being the gold-standard for Labyrinth stories. It's safe to say that this is one that will stick with me for a while, so thank you for gifting us with such a wonderful story. I'm currently debating if I want to continue riding the high of this ending or read what you have up of the sequel. Either way, I'm certainly glad to have found this masterpiece of fanfiction.
Ptolomeia chapter 19 . 10/14/2017
Ok. So. Something you need to understand.

This is one of my favorite fics. I just... is. I've been going through a really rough period recently and I turned to it and HOLY FUCK I'd forgotten how much joy this story brings me.

I love me some Jareth being jealous over stupid things (like bugs. OMG my dude. Calm your bulge)

I also love your sex scenes. DAMN GURL (Omg, my dude. DO NOT calm your bulge :P )

One of the other things I really like about this fic is how it revolves around stories. The way things have to be done. The old magic and the power in words. It... means a lot to me. It always seemed to me the way that Labyrinth fic should be done. Really holding onto the spirit of the original.

Finally, I love how you give Sarah freedom, even in the end. Not enough stories do that. Sarah has been an inspiration to me since I found her, and it really bothers me when people trap her with Jareth, and ignore the whole "YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME" thing. But this doesn't. It does a beautiful job of balancing her relationship and her life and letting neither take over. Really excellently done.

Also. Just. AL:KSFJLDFJ:LKSDFLK:SDF:SDFKJAF:HKA:FD:KJHDFOIR{IUEF{OHSDF:KSDFK:LASD"ADS:KDFKJ::SDFHLKSDFL:JSDFL:KSDF:KLSDFKJSDGKJSIUHWRHUISRFHUDSF:KJFD:KJ

That is all. 3
ufc91 chapter 10 . 11/25/2016
I really enjoyed your characterizations. The way you wrote the characters was fresh and very interesting. Well done. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/16/2016
Fantastic descirption of the otherworldly party, I love the hints at other adventures. Would you ever write a prequel explaining how goggle and ludo broke her out of scraps and jail? Or what she did on the boat for six months?
Chris chapter 19 . 8/23/2016
I absolutely loved this story. :3 Great style of writing and all the attention to detail... 3
Greetings from Germany. :)
eternallycaptivated chapter 19 . 8/16/2016
Chances are you won't see this review, but, in the off chance you do. I wanted to tell you that I come back to this story every so often, and every time I love it more. So, thank- you for a truly great story.
ariella21 chapter 19 . 6/15/2016
Absolutely fantastic story I adore your characterization of Sarah. I'm stunned
Silvanesti chapter 19 . 4/15/2016
A fascinating story. I liked the depth of it, and that neither Sara nor Jareth was quite human. Of course Jareth isn't quite human, but he is so often portrayed as a magic human and I like this so much more.
Ellae chapter 18 . 3/28/2016
Gorgeous and intricate and thrilling
retrogression chapter 19 . 3/21/2016
A little late to the game, but I wanted to say how much I adored this story! This feels like a novel where the characters just happen to be two favourites of mine already. I would have paid good money for this and walked away happy.

Can't wait to get into the sequel!
PrettyWithAPistol chapter 19 . 2/28/2016
This was the first Labyrinth story I ever read on here, years ago. I had forgotten the details of the tale, after having read many more since. I never forgot the title, though - those always seem to stick best.
Anyway, I can't remember if I've said this before, perhaps under a prior alias, but...thank you. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. Just as it was the first time, I was utterly swept up into it - intrigued, enraptured, devastated, enchanted, and wholly moved. Fairytales have always been my favorite sub-genre of fiction, even more so when both the human and supernatural elements are captured in equal parts of beautiful clarity and enigma.
All things said and unsaid, even if I've passed by this way before, the years have given me new eyes and interests - how marvelous, then, to discover that your tale is just as riveting. I wish you the absolute best in life.

P.S. Have you heard? A "Labyrinth 2" of sorts may be in the works, from the same writer who penned the script for "Guardians of the Galaxy." Oh, the possibilities...
Fruitsmoothy chapter 19 . 2/5/2016
I love love love this story. Everything about it. Perfectly placed angst and love, well developed plot and details, perfect character portrayal, and amazing writing. Thank you.
Aimsn3 chapter 19 . 1/22/2016
It's been 8 years since you wrote this amazing story... I have to say it's my favorite of all the Jareth & Sarah stories... I don't know if you will even receive this review but I am oh so happy to leave it for the next lucky reader... A gift you have for capturing their essence and I am left sitting here with a very pleased and satisfied smile... My spirit soaring... A sequel to this not even necessary that's how good you are...I pray life has treated you well these past 8 years...
tadah2 chapter 19 . 1/3/2016
This was very good. I'm not much on adventure but this was great.
kellyn1604 chapter 19 . 12/30/2015
Wonderful story! I love your characterization a of Jareth and Sarah.