Reviews for Foreigner
justafreakinweeb chapter 19 . 3/10
I'm not crying, my eyes are just sweating.
ScarletLycrois chapter 19 . 12/26/2013
This is one of the best stories I've ever read. I loved the way you subtly included the original characters. It's been 3 nearly 4 years, will you ever come back to writing again?
Serendipital chapter 19 . 4/23/2012
This was just beautiful. Although mainly OCs, it was written like a published book, and the constant presence of canon characters and the cameos made it so that no OC hater could possibly complain. This is simply one of the best Yu-Gi-Oh fanfics I have ever read.
Calm Envy chapter 2 . 11/12/2010
I love the theme of the clash between two cultures. At first I thought the r's instead of l's for Seiji's speech would be annoying but it does make it easier to imagine how he speaks. Laura has a really strong personality and it shows in the way she speaks. Oh I don't know. They're all so interesting.

Wow, his father really flipped out. How long ago would this have been? Before I was born at least. It s really horrible to know in this world some people are still phobic - xenophobic, homophobic, whatever - and would treat their child's choice of partner in such a way.
Calm Envy chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
I actually read this a while ago. It still has, in my opinion, one of the best plots here and the best OCs. I suppose most OCs are terrible (I say that loosely, some aren't) but yours are believable and likeable.

Was it meant to be a one shot? I'm glad you extended it. This chapter itself was a little shorter than I would have liked and not as fleshed out, but the rest more than makes up for it. I love the detail where he wants to build an amusement park.
Demon's Light Angel chapter 19 . 10/5/2010
To me the is quite a bit of irony in what happened. That the man who was sent to kill his father ended up having to work under him. Alos lovethe story though, it again cool that he Seto ends up meeting with his uncle. The mooch.

It depressing but well writtened.
Ultimate Ending chapter 19 . 8/17/2010
Wow, just wow. I have no words to describe how wonderful this story was. It pulled out so many emotions from me, especially the last two chapters...My eyes were beginning to water up. This is a completly genuine complement, I don't cry for many stories, especially fanfiction (I've only had once before). I'll compare it to Romeo and Juliet, minus the romance. Right away from the first chapter you knows it's going to end tragicly. But along the way you start to hope so much for a happy ending. Which is what made it so sad; in a kinda good way I guess.

So anyway great job on this story-I'm really glad you finished it all :)
Irene2011 chapter 19 . 7/20/2010
I just wanted to say that I really was impressed by your story. Most Seto Kaiba fanfics are made by really obsessed fangirls and are their fantasies rather than an actual story. Your story portrayed his (Seto's) character well and I enjoyed your new characters you put in it, especially Laura. I wish it could have been a happier ending, but I already knew that it wouldn't be from watching the series. Thanks for a fun read!
Average Prevailer chapter 19 . 7/20/2010
The end was sad, but beautiful. Great story, thank you for sharing, it was a pleasure to read.
novelreader chapter 5 . 6/27/2010
u know, maybe it's me, but Brian kinda reminds me of the jack ass version of seto kiaba. Then again in the dubbed, he's always a jack ass. i mean, theirs similarities like there is between seto and his parents. Their both older brother with angelic cuter likable younger siblings. Their both tall and intimidating. Their both jack asses. The only difference is seto is a wonderful great older brother, brians not. Brian is not responsible or serious and he's hotheaded and an idiot in my opinion. Seto Kiaba would never admit he's a loser or stand for anybody calling his, and i wouldn't call kiaba hotheaded, more cold-blooded then anything. If older seto and brian fought, brian would be dead literally. That is how dangerous kiaba's temper is compared to brians. I bet his uncle would be afraid of him. Well that's enough of me rambling. I love your story!
Aikoss chapter 19 . 4/14/2010
Oh my~ i'M crying. What a fck live has have Seto T.T amazing the true is tha it was amazng.
729963 chapter 5 . 2/24/2010
A most entertaining chapter. There wasn't a buff of action or a any huge development but it really gives the progression of the story so far some time and depth, which I really appreciated as a reader. The ending was so heart-warming. I really liked it. I don't know if I've said this before, but Seto is so adorable as a kid. I love how you've kept his childish attitude but sprinkled a foreshadowing image of his strong sense and values. Again, a brilliant job. :) I really enjoyed this chapter.
729963 chapter 4 . 2/19/2010
There are a lot of things I enjoyed in this chapter. The atmosphere you created at the funeral with Laura and Seto was absolutely perfect. That moment, really was a perfect depiction of what a "foreigner" means. I also find that there is a comparison between how Laura is treated as a foreigner in Japan and how Seiji is treated as a foreigner in America. Like after I read how Laura was treated, I automatically thought of how her family treated Seiji. Of course the treatment is different, but it seemed his family was more verbose about it while Laura's family is more quiet. The emotions and conversations at the funeral was also perfect.

Again you have a wonderful talent of giving your work a taste of reality. Which is something, I think every reader enjoys, because then the story is just not only enjoyable but also relatable. This is something I need to work on XD, sadly a lot.

I also like the introduction of Roland. This chapter was very intriguing to read. I'm really learning so much from this story about the Yugioh world, oh and also from you. I love your style!
sandsnowstorm chapter 3 . 2/16/2010
This was so fun to read! The family gathering, their conversation and then Seiji and Laura's argument just about spiced up what what a real family is like. There is hate and dislike but also love. You're an excellent author, really. Excellent chapter. It was a joy to read.

P.S: Another excellent talent you have is you know how to balance the emotions in a story. I really admired how you changed from a joyful enviroment to discomfort, annoyance and then fright. Brilliant! I cannot express it enough. And seeing how I still have so many chapters left, I have a feeling I'm going to be just speechless at the end of this story. It is already so good...I just can't fathom how much better it will get.
sandsnowstorm chapter 2 . 2/16/2010
Aww, Seto is so adorable. I love the way you built Laura's character. She and Seiji does seem very compatible. This chapter was very good. Again very neat writing style and you have a talent to keep your readers hooked. :)