Reviews for One of Their Own
Stunning Sunset chapter 9 . 10/15/2013
Love that type of camaraderie. Good job!
Animosh chapter 9 . 9/18/2013
Great! Just awesome to finally read a story just about Watson and the Yarders. Usually, Holmes' presence tends to overshadow everything else, but I really think that the Yarders had a good relationship with Watson because he was like the one who could arbitrate between Holmes and them.
so-schway chapter 9 . 8/15/2012
One of their own indeed. An accurate portrayal of the relationship between the Yarders and Watson, in my opinion. Really loved the writing style as well- told in smaller snippets rather than a long narrative. And of course, one can't forget Watson's iron disposition hidden under the well mannered doctor. Thanks
Azolean chapter 9 . 6/18/2012
Beautiful! Now that's a revenge very much in keeping with the character's personality. Thank you for that little piece.
mrspencil chapter 9 . 1/28/2012
Hi, read this ages ago, really enjoyed it, thought I'd left a review; hadn't. Should have done. Very smooth use of the 221B formula, with some great lines and some very satisfying regard for Watson from the Yarders. Quite a chilling revenge from the good doctor, but quite apt when faced with someone who had no insight into actions and consequences. Very nice work:-)

Mrs P:-)
Capt-Facepalm chapter 9 . 8/9/2011
Excellent! I like how you have constructed the narrative based on various points-of-view. Also, your wordsmithing is of such quality that I didn't notice the 221B format! Well done!

(I have just re-read this and I probably read these stories a year ago, but I now have an ffn account and am able to leave feedback.)
lovesFanFic chapter 5 . 8/17/2010
Somehow, I could hear that chapter in my head with a Scottish brogue. I don't know how you did it, but it was absolutely perfect.
lovesFanFic chapter 2 . 8/17/2010
Great job with the analysis of Watson's reception at the yard. Fun read.
lovesFanFic chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Awww. Now must read on and find out what happened to Dr. Watson.
Rissika chapter 9 . 6/17/2010
Wonderful story!
Pepipanda chapter 9 . 3/7/2010
I very much enjoyed this story.

A major reason I liked it was the idea that the Yard views Watson as "One of Their Own" and they take care of their own.

In the first piece, the way rumors are flying about Watson's condition, and what they are saying, shows how much the Yarders respect and care about Watson.

In the second, I noticed how Lestrade mentions that their respect stems from (in part) how Holmes and Watson understand what they do: the good, the bad, and the ugly. That and Watson's ability to live with Sherlock Holmes!

In the third, the evident camraderie that Watson can now see himself becoming a part of. That line "I've always been... well, an outsider." really makes the acceptance and protectiveness of the Yarders all the more important.

The opening to the fourth is interesting. The exchange about whether Watson is truly back was thoughful. A brutal attack could certainly drive someone out of the police business, or send them headlong into it. I'm glad to see that, while they respect Watson's right to decide this for himself, they would be sad to see him go.

As for part five, it's nice to see that Watson has some fans! A very nationalistic one sure, but with definite faith in the Doctor.

Six had a great final line. I'm sure Holmes would be devastated if Watson died. Also, I liked the way Bradstreet takes the attack on Watson personally.

Seven sounded like mainly set-up, but the end was good. Watson needs to confront this man.

In eight, the way the man reacts to seeing Watson was rather callous. I think that was a good decision. The end of this piece is rather... unsettling. In a good way. A I-want-to-read-the-next-chapter way.

So, the end. Now the man gets to see why being (or threatening) a doctor is serious business. Again you deliver a satifying ending.

On the whole, I liked how much Scotland Yard is shown to protect and sort of stand up for Watson. He really is one of their own and it is clear how important he is to them.

Very nice work!

pebbles66 chapter 9 . 6/18/2008
I enjoyed each of these chapters so much. Are you sure that this is complete?

I especially liked seeing the high regard that all the Yarders have for Watson; their appreciating him for who he was, aside from Holmes' sidekick.

Very well done, each installment. I'd love to have more if you change your mind!
pebbles66 chapter 8 . 6/18/2008
Oh, what a description this is going to be!
pebbles66 chapter 7 . 6/18/2008
I agree with Bradstreet: What ARE you about, Doctor?

But I imagine meeting with the man who nearly killed you would bring about some healing, to a point.
pebbles66 chapter 6 . 6/18/2008
Yes, Holmes would have had Bradstreet's hide if Watson had stopped breathing, and so would all of we! Glad you're continuing with this.