Reviews for Monkey Love II: New Life
PengyChan chapter 39 . 10/3/2008
Aw, poor Ron. It's no wonder he feels so sad - it's odd how their relationships survived crime fighting and other stuff just to end because of an ordinary thing such as college.

The way he sense there is danger ahead makes me even more eager to read the sequel ;)

The idea of Monty running after Hasani like that is just too adorable - he just doesn't know how to handle infants, does he? XD

I'm not quite sure about one thing - the whole "lung problems" thing should have been a problem for Hasani, for he would most likely run out of breath after some chasing.

Other than for that detail, I really enjoyed Monty's tale and his glares at Nukpana when she says something about being outrun by a baby - wounded pride, anyone? XD

As I already told you countless times, I'm most curious to read your third story. The idea is really promising, and considering how much your writing skills improved since the first one, I'm sure it's going to be a great read.
VampireNaomi chapter 39 . 10/3/2008
This was a great ending to the story because it covered an important part in everybody's lives but left a few plot points open for further exploration in the sequel. I'm mainly talking about the Kim/Ron issue here. That first scene from Ron's POV was absolutely one of my favourite parts in the story. You captured his lost and hopeless feelings very well. I especially liked it how he recalled how Kim had stood by his side during the Grand Size Me incident but now left him for something as normal as studies. Those last few lines about him predicting something bad in the future were great. All in all, you did a really good job on this scene.

I also enjoyed Monty's description of the chase scene and Nukpana's reaction to it. Life will never be normal in their family, will it? XD I know you did research about babies crawling, but I'm still wondering a little about it since Hasani has that lung trouble and is probably weaker than normal babies as as result of that. His physical development might be slower than usual.

But in any case, this story has been a pleasure to read. I'm eagerly waiting for the sequel.
FlameofIsis chapter 39 . 10/2/2008
*cries* Can't believe the second one is over! Gosh, time flies! Anyway, it was a very good ending to this story. Leaves in suspense about what will happen with Kim and Ron. Also, that last little paragraph you wrote makes you do wonder. With all that's happened, what else could possibly happen along with the problems you mentioned are going to happen in part 3? Anyway, great series! I'll be waiting eagerly to read the next and final part of Monkey Love!
PengyChan chapter 38 . 9/24/2008
Ouch, poor Ron - that definitely wasn't what he hoped to hear. Everything Kim said made sense, yet it was really sad how Ron kept thinking about how better things were in the past just moments before she told him they should break up - especially since the whole thing seems to pain her as well. I guess we can just wait and see what you've planned next. Speaking of which, I can barely wait for the new story ;)

There are just a couple of thing that confused me a little. First off - is there a reason why Monty and Nukpana live in America now? Considering hoe fond on British traditions and critical of American lifestyle you often depicted him, I have some trouble picturing him moving to America rather than getting back in England.

Another thing that confused me a little is how Nukpana just thought Monty could steal some money if they needed it. She seemed determinated to not let Monty giving a wrong example to Hasani, and having him stealing is not precisely a good way to teach their child to tell good from evil (though I can easily picture Monty trying to teach him how to break in a museum or something while she's not looking XD)

Haha, Monty sleeping with Hasani in his arms is such an adorable image! I'm most curious to read what happened exactly while Nukpana was away...though one can esily guess Monty found out that babysitting is a thousand times worst than he could ever expect XD
Katsumara chapter 38 . 9/19/2008
And here I was expected them to have an epic make-up session or something. That or maybe for Ron to realize he should propose to Kim because we both know how much they love each other. Guess I should have expected something else, huh? D: So much drama. I hope things work out for the two of them.
FlameofIsis chapter 38 . 9/19/2008
Wow hmm..I was kinda expecting that from Ron and Kim but I was also hoping that it wouldn't happen lol and, I could just guess what happened with Monty and Hasani XD Can't wait to read more and I can't wait till the final series of this trilogy comes out!
PengyChan chapter 37 . 9/2/2008
Haha, poor Ron - too much thinking is not for him XD

I like it how he keeps trying to get what exactly didn't work in his relationshop with Kim and still fails to fully get it. I'm most curious to find out if things will settle between them.

The idea of Monty having to spend some time alone with Hasani is just adorable. I love it how Monty fails to get what Nukpana had said at first, and how he thinks a hurricane would be better than having to look ater an infant - I can so picture him saying something like that XD
FlameofIsis chapter 37 . 9/1/2008
Nice chapter once again. You can really get the emotion between Ron and Kim's relationship problem. I really hope they make up in the next chapter. Keep it up!
PengyChan chapter 36 . 8/21/2008
Good chapter - I can easily picture Kim reacting badly at a villain's advice, especially if said villain is right. It must not be easy for someone as proud as she is to admit that she was dead wrong and accept advice from someone like Monty.

Though she definitely overreacted (I can't blame Nukpana for getting angry here), what she said was mostly true - especially the part about Hasani: Monty really seems disappointed of his son now that he knows he will never be able to learn Monkey Kung Fu or any martial art.

Monty was almost scary when he snapped to Nukpana like that, and the image of hims sneered at his crying son is somewhat disturbing. For some reason I doubt his relationship with Hasani is going to be an idyllic one.

Great job on this chapter too - keep it up!
FlameofIsis chapter 36 . 8/20/2008
Hm...I see where Monty was going with the advice (which I still can't believe he was giving her advice since they're enemies!) but anyways, I really hope in this next chapter where he babysits, he'll warm up more to Hasani. Don't make him hate Hasani anymore! lol ok, enough out of me. Great job!
PengyChan chapter 35 . 8/18/2008
Looks like for once Monty is the reasonable one. It's somewhat funny watching him speaking to Kim like that XD Both her and Ron were definitely too impulsive in the previous chapter.

Speaking of which, I really liked the previous chapter as well. I liked it how Monty is somewhat disappointed of Hasani because he will never be able to fight and such - I wonder how his disappointment will affect his future relationchip with him, not to mention the events in the sequel (which I'm, quite obviously, looking forward to read XD)
VampireNaomi chapter 35 . 8/17/2008
I like seeing all the homey moments between Monty, Nukpana and Hasani. Showing what their family life is like is a really good way to develop their relationship, and while there seems to be some trouble under the surface, I'm sure they'll all be stronger when everything is said and done.

In this chapter, my favourite scene was how Monty pulled away from Nukpana when he was reminded of Hasani's illness. It was a good thing how you didn't explain what he was feeling at the moment; his action alone was enough to let the reader come to their own conclusions. Some subtlety is always nice.

This theme was then well continued in the next chapter with Monty not wanting his son. I really like it how you've kept this an on-going element in the story because it's very in-character for him, and it's not something that can be resolved that easily. And yet at the same time it's not hatred he's feeling, and he does feel love and fondness for Hasani. It's exactly this confusion that makes the whole father/son part of the story appealing to me. I can't wait to see Hasani grow up so that we can see his POV on his father.

Another thing I like in these recent chapters is the problems Kim and Ron are having. Kim being too busy with college to care for their relationship is a plausible thing to happen, and I think you're developing this well by mentioning it in several chapters. Ron's attempts to keep in touch with her really make me feel for him.

However, I think his abrupt reaction in the end of chapter 34 was a little off. I could buy Kim's reaction because she's really stressed out, but somehow I couldn't quite see Ron say all those things. Eventually, yes, but the argument wasn't really going yet and Kim had only forgotten their anniversary. Judging by the way you wrote it ("That was when he realized something.") it felt to me like Ron wasn't really paying attention to that either.

I liked it how you mentioned how tea is always available if Monty is living there. :D That cracked me up!

Monty's rant at Kim sounded really promising, but I think the chapter cut off a little too early. I think it would have been better if we had seen Kim's reaction and she and Monty could have argued/talked more about the issue. Now it feels like half of the scene is missing.

But overall I am very impressed by these latest chapters. I must say I thought some of the chapters after Hasani's birth were a little lacking in terms of plot, but things are really picking up and I feel like your writing has really improved, too. Can't wait for more!
FlameofIsis chapter 35 . 8/4/2008
Nice chapter! Monty's giving Kim advice? o.o Never thought I'd see the day...lol well, great job! I can't wait to read more!
FlameofIsis chapter 34 . 7/23/2008
OMG! Alot of drama in this chapter. Ron and Kim breakup and Monty doesn't want Hasani? *cries* How could he even think such a thing? I'm really looking forward to reading more. You've definately got me intrigued here! Update soon and great chapter!
FlameofIsis chapter 33 . 7/19/2008
Nice chapter. We get to see more of the fatherly and motherly relationship build up between the two monkey lovers with their son. You wrote it very well. I can't wait to read more!