Reviews for Child of Darkness
hermonine chapter 26 . 10/2
Great story!
Nova Raven chapter 26 . 7/6
Hey, I'm sure you've practically forgotten about this fic, but I just read through it and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are my favorite Padawan/Master relationship and I love what you've done with it.

Hope you're well and still writing!
Sue Clover chapter 26 . 5/19
Ahhh. Well, it was pretty good, all in all. I sort of wish it went on, that we could see how Anakin learns to be in awe of Obi-Wan, learns to trust his connection to the Force and his abilities. I almost want to see Palpatine inserting doubt into his mind on how maybe Obi-Wan was unintentionally holding him back because he couldn't *see* how strong Anakin was... Or maybe not. That would be too painful. But I still like the idea of Old Mad Blind Kenobi, the wizard who lives off in the Jundland wastes. And with the Obi-Wan from this story, there would be no doubt he was some kind of wizard. It would be lots of fun. But that's okay. This is a good ending point for this story, but my imagination just keeps on going.
Sue Clover chapter 20 . 5/19
Yes, you definitely have a thing for birthdays. I'm pretty sure over half of these chapters have been about his birthdays. Unless I'm exaggerating in my head.
Sue Clover chapter 17 . 5/19
Oh dear. Qui-Gon is obsessed, is he? Good grief man. And Balance could mean many things, you know. It could mean balance between the Unifying Force and the Living Force, or between the Dark and the Light sides. After all, with the Sith mostly gone for centuries and the Jedi in power, the Force is a bit lopsided, isn't it? And Anakin did make it so there were only two Sith and two Jedi, and then at last he did destroy the Sith and left one Jedi, albeit a Jedi who hadn't been steeped in most of the stale dogma of the old Jedi Order. So balance is an interesting thing, which doesn't necessarily mean no wars or anything.
And poor Obi-Wan, h S. And at first Qui-Gon is too busy with his possible Chosen One that he doesn't even see it. Thankfully he does eventually, though.
Sue Clover chapter 16 . 5/19
Lovely. Obi-Wan is indeed a trouble magnet.
I just remembered. At one point Qui-Gon compares Obi-Wan's head tilt to a dog, and has to explain what one is, but at another point Obi-Wan describes the Force as being like a dog... unless that was you in an author's note? I don't know. If it was him, though, that's a little inconsistent. Oh, well.
I wonder if that girl from the other ride was able to watch him save the child from falling off the ferris wheel. I bet he looked impressive.
Sue Clover chapter 14 . 5/19
Obi-Wan is a cinnamon roll. Too pure, too good for this world.
And whoa. Being blind AND half deaf is going to be a challenge.
And I know you said you weren't going to include Luke or Anakin, but now I can't help but imagine it: Crazy Old Ben the Hermit on Tatooine, blind as a bat and half deaf, but that old wizard sure can get around. Luke is in awe. Anakin, being both a bit too overprotective, and a bit rude when he doesn't mean to be, who is also in awe of his Master. Like, there is so much potential there, but I understand why you just want to stick with his apprenticeship.
Sue Clover chapter 12 . 5/19
I get the feeling that it's the room itself that has been steeped in the Dark side, much like the cave under the tree, and the Force manifests itself in whatever form would most affect the one inside the room, using what darkness it can find in that person. "What's in there?" "Only what you take with you." So of course it would be a voice that he hears. I'm kind of surprised it didn't pounce on his fears about disappointing Qui-Gon and making Qui-Gon distance himself again. It could have used Qui-Gon's voice, made him say awful nasty things. But then, we've had enough of Qui-Gon saying awful nasty things, and this was cool because I totally imagined the Voice of the Dark Side as belonging to Sidious, and that's pretty cool.
Also, just noticed this - "blinded by the pain" - fun turns of phrase, huh?
Sue Clover chapter 11 . 5/19
Okay, how in the name of the Force does *tripping* over the couch end up with him *under* it? I'm confused. Seriously, Obi-Wan, you're a disaster waiting to happen.
Sue Clover chapter 9 . 5/19
I like this one. I do think it's a little weird how at first it says his hands are tightly bound behind his back, but for the rest of the chapter it's like neither of them are restrained at all?
Also, if he has broken ribs, that's one thing, if he has an actual stab wound then we need to know if he's bleeding or not, and what can be done to treat the wound. Being stabbed in the chest is serious business.
But love the dynamic between them, and Obi being in pain is regretfully one of my favorite things, so... :)
Sue Clover chapter 8 . 5/19
Except it isn't the first time he's drawn Qui-Gon, is it?
Also, I have this idea that his drawing wouldn't look quite right in 2-D, because when he feels someone's face that's in three dimensions. I think he'd be even better at sculpting.
Sue Clover chapter 7 . 5/19
Thank goodness he got better. I can stop mentally shouting really rude words at Qui-Gon now. Mostly.
Sue Clover chapter 6 . 5/19
Well, at least Qui-Gon knows he's being a jerk.
This is probably faaaar to late, but I doubt that the Jedi order has never had blind-from-birth members. It is millenia old, spans an appreciable portion of a ridiculously populated galaxy, and is composed of members of that galaxy with the potential for wildly different physiologies.
He got himself killed before he could get Obi killed, I guess that's why Anakin stepped up to the plate :P