Reviews for Pillow Talk
Toris Lietvu Laurinatis chapter 7 . 7/24/2012
I love that him paying for verbal information is so undeniably John.
Sffgcddrtfcvbhh chapter 7 . 8/24/2011
Very funny.
Sirius-Black-is-not-dead chapter 7 . 9/23/2010
Satisfying ending and a wonderful wedding night for the couple. It is just so sweet how they could be so honest with each other and bond so well. This overall story was wonderful and had me smiling and the realization that this relationship is a great ideal every woman hopes to have.

P.S. I love the ending with Holmes and Watson- priceless!
Bimby chapter 7 . 8/8/2010
lovely story. you have a brilliant style of writing. is that scene still available?

great job

-B
SqueakyTheDuck chapter 7 . 7/5/2010
I read this the other day and I'm just getting around to reviewing, but let me just say, I was extremely impressed with your writing. First off, let me offer you congratulations on your extremely successful attempt to step outside of the 21st century perspective in order to write this. At the beginning I found myself almost laughing at what I considered absurdity in the hesitation displayed by two married people, because it's completely out of line with everything that our society today would consider normal, and yet it seems very appropriate to the time period this is set in, as well as to the characters themselves. Had this same story taken place in the present day, the act which took them seven chapters to get to would have been in full swing halfway through the first chapter, and the ensuing stories of past love interests would have been discussed in between very explicit descriptions of said act. With that in mind, I must say, you've painted a wonderful picture of the stark contrast between now and then (possibly without intending to).

Excellent job!
Mistress Mary Quite Contrary chapter 2 . 4/29/2010
aww her first crush. I am glad that he does not judge her. Watson is a true Gent.

Aya *squee*

I intend to write a monograph, or at least an essay on the depiction of moors in the Literature of the 19th century , by comparing and contrasting Doyle's *The Hound of the Baskevilles and Burnett's "The Secret Garden"
Mariagoner chapter 7 . 1/18/2010
I really adored reading this and I would love to read the more explicit version of this chapter! I've really been enjoying your Mary and John together, despite being a bit of a Holmes/Watson shipper. You're coming close to converting me... won't you seal the deal? ;)
Mariagoner chapter 4 . 1/18/2010
Oh, hilarious! I love it when Mary shows so much spirit! I've never read fic about her before but she's truly delightful here.
Eyebrows2 chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Just re-read this - probably ages since you've thought about it! Really warming story - I always think Watson and Mary could do with a little more exposure. You give this the proper Victorian romantic treatment, and I do like the idea of the gentlemanly Watson stocking up his brain attic with erotic tips whilst keeping himself exclusive. Thanks! Eyebrows2
done.with.marblesxx chapter 7 . 8/31/2009
Hahaha! It was fun to read of all of Mary and Watson's "flings". :) Teehee. I liked the story a lot and it was well written. Good job.
Persephone Kore chapter 7 . 7/3/2008
*hysterical laughter* You embarrassed Holmes again!

Your Watson is an adorable romantic, and I am inclined to say you are too, but perhaps that would be getting too personal.

This last explanation is particularly entertaining. Going along with visits to brothels and politely explaining in private that he didn't really want to have sex with them, but would pay the standard rate for good advice! Somehow I suspect he got gossiped about once he and his friends went home.
Persephone Kore chapter 6 . 7/3/2008
Oh dear. Speaking of questions one should perhaps not ask... fortunately, they are more mature and more really in love and less involved with unfortunate family relations. It is one of those complicated things though; sometimes there are things you really wish hadn't happened, because they're bad things in themselves, but there are still things you value later that couldn't have happened otherwise... and sometimes it's an even harder question than this one. I think you showed that very well.
Persephone Kore chapter 5 . 7/3/2008
This is very sweet between the two of them. I like the way you're handling it. And her hair sounds gorgeous-I like the "romantic drivel" that they keep passing back and forth despite their deprecations. ;)
Persephone Kore chapter 4 . 7/3/2008
MARY! Oh, that was great. I really like her roommate, too, for helping her so ably and willingly with the preparations even if they weren't friends-well, actually I have this lingering worry that she was in on the nasty joke, but it seems unlikely, since she could easily enough have left Mary to her own devices for a potentially ill-fitting dress with less trouble and no suspicion if she had wanted to make things worse... plus it doesn't sound likely that she'd be part of Aristotle's circle of friends, even at the remove of a brother or something.
Persephone Kore chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Okay, this looks like it's going to be very amusing... *g*
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »