Reviews for Escaping the Flame
Polska-1999 chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Nice job with writing this! It fits with the book almost perfectly!
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
I like this one-shot. :) It's a nice look at Doon's thoughts as he ventures forth out of Ember.
learningtowrite1996 chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
Wow, you are a very good writer. This is very descriptive and you described Doon's thoughts well. :)
bean21 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
I really like this! I think it's very in-character for Doon and I love the whole feeling it creates. I think the fact that it's in first person adds to the intensity. Awesome job! God bless!
Amethyst Asheryn chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
The last line was my favorite. I love the dashes there and the way it's fragmented ... I don't think I can word this right. I just really liked the end.

The only qualm I have is that you used the word "however" a lot. I think maybe you could take some of them out. Like where you say "Not even Poppy's wails, however" - I think you can just take out the "however" and it will sound just fine.

Ditto with "This, however, is by far ..." I think you can scrap that one too.

Other than that, good job!

Ashe
xx-Secrets-xx chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Wow - that was so good!

I don't really know the rest of the genres you write in, sadly, so I'm not sure if I'm going to read them. I think I'll check a couple of them out - just to see if they make sense without prior information.

Write in more genres I know! :p

xx-Secrets-xx
Clemensi chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Loved it! Great and well-written. Only typo I could find was that instead of nor in "It is the only light in a dark world, but neither the candle's flame not the city can last forever," you had "not." Really no big. I think it's a really nice exploration of what he's thinking, very mature. The ending has this action to it, as well (yay for dashes)... A Favourite.
Wolbachia chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Ah, I haven't read Ember since I was in sixth grade.

I loved this fic, though. It was very well written, even though the fact that it was in present tense was kind of annoying ("I catch my breath" rather than "I caught my breath").

Really nice job. :)
japaneserockergirl chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
This fic was so well written and fit Doon very well. I wonder why no one read it :(. -places into C2-