Reviews for Lessons Learned
Rabunga chapter 31 . 5/25/2014
I really enjoyed this story but by the time I got to chap29 I was getting worried how it would end as there were not enough chapters to resolve the whole dark lord/horcrux issue. In the end I think you wrote a lovely alt 6th year story but left yourself wide open for a sequel :) I look forward to reading your other works :)
Fyreheart chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
I have no problem with a wise and noble Dumbledore, but there was something about Harry writing "Trust Dumbledore. He knows more than I do" that just seemed wrong. To blindly trust anyone is foolish; to abbrogate one's own responsibility to question and make decisions is foolish.

Dumbledore was the one who didn't realize his staff member was possessed; who brought a magic artifact that criminals wanted into a school of children; who allowed a teacher to bully, humiliate and insult students; who didn't realize a student was possessed; who didn't know a basilisk was loose in the school but a 12 year old figured it out; who permitted Dementors to be placed around a school of children; who didn't realize an old friend was being impersonated; who permitted the bullying of Harry with the "Harry stinks" buttons; who didn't realize or permitted a teacher to torture students.

To blindly trust the person that made that many significant mistaks just because he knows more is foolish. He should give Dumbledore's advice serious consideration, but he should evaluate it carefully and make his own decisions on whether to follow it or not.
anne chapter 31 . 9/30/2012
Liked this story a lot. Going to look and see if there is a sequel. Very happy with the way the ambush went.
Therio chapter 31 . 8/26/2012
Very Good story. I would have like to see it continued to the final battle, but do appreciate reading it. I liked your Harry so much more than Canon, and best of all, no Harry inexplicably falls for a fan girl that happens to be his best mates sister.
BetaPAWDkitsune chapter 31 . 8/24/2012
Wonderful! I loved it! :P This is a brilliant story :D (although it ended a bit suddenly :P )
I'm trying to think of certain constructive things to say but all I can say is that I loved it :D Great work and thanks for sharing!
shimmer-light chapter 10 . 1/29/2012
Right, so in reference to my previous review, I must say I found nothing wrong with this fic. Although it's way too tame and slow for my tastes, it's still quite well written with an acceptable plotline. Some slight glitches are the slightly unemotive tone and Harry's easy acceptance of everything. Also, in this chapter his discussion with Snape made me pretty incredulous, but otherwise the story is not half-bad.
shimmer-light chapter 6 . 1/29/2012
Frankly, as of yet I've found no explanation whatsoever why you have so few reviews. When I find a fic this long with so little feedback, it usually means something most be way off for ppl to dislike it so much. There are very few exception to this (eg. Forbidden: A Tale of Four Friends by Hecateslover), but your story seems to be one of them. You have set a good pace with nice characterisations, and as you have even mentioned it will be slash in the future, I cannot comprehend why anyone would find fault with that. Anyway, I will continue reading and see if there might be anything that may have caused this, though I can't see how. I will be back with another review later in any case.

shimmer-light
DawnScarlet19610 chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
I would have loved this story, because I think you're right. Though I think Harry should have changed after the last task, watching Cedric die and Voldemort coming back. But I would have lobed this story if your pairing was different. Harry and Draco are hot together, but it's logically impossible. Harry is also very straight in the books, even though Harry as a gay are myfav stories to read, your story would have been really cool to read if it was canon, with a much more mature and intelligent Harry. He doesn't just become gay and fall for Draco. Maybe not Ginny, maybe a Slytherin girl? Daphne Greengrass or Tracey Davis? Maybe an OC, or maybe even Ginny? But I can't see Harry and Draco what-so-ever. Sorry is I insult you, it's not my intention, I just wanted my opinion heard. But good job anyway.
Queen of Legend chapter 19 . 10/13/2011
oh wow.i love this story so much! i've been reading for like 3 hours and i cant stop!
Darklight-phoenix chapter 31 . 11/12/2010
i love this story, im so glad no one had to drink the potion again, and good job with kreacher, now one of my favourites
Purely Fictional chapter 31 . 6/3/2010
hey, this is fantastic. i really enjoyed reading it. are you going to write a sequel?
hochexplosiv chapter 31 . 4/18/2010
I really enjoyed your story. Will there eventually be a sequel?
loretta537 chapter 31 . 12/15/2009
this was a geat story, i cant wait for the sequel. not only do i want to learn more about the horcrux quest but i really want to know about the summer lessons
Kathy5645 chapter 31 . 12/8/2009
Wow, this is a really good story! Will there be a sequel?
kisskia chapter 31 . 7/15/2009
I just finished reading the story and was wondering if you were planning on a sequel for the rest of the war? I enjoyed how you formed the friendship/mentor relationship w. Snape and the students. I also liked how you gradually had Harry and Draco fall in love and develop their relationship, so many other authors jump from being enemies to being together without developing the friendship first. Hope to read more from you soon. Thank you for writing.

KiaLea