Reviews for Sand and Moonlight
Kazuki-kun is an A and an A chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
Beautiful. I honestly really really like it, and I admit, this probably got me into Percival/Cecilia in the first place I think.

You've painted their relationship as a sort of strange one but with the kiss, it seems romantic and all. It makes me sad sometimes that he seems to ignore her a bit in this case, and he's so terribly stoic. T.T

Overall though, I loved the scene with Narshen, the kiss, the scene where she's in her cell, and the "last" scene the most.

Thank you for writing this, honestly.

By the way, when you mentioned pretty japanese fanart, ( I saw the link on your profile and thank you thank you thank you for posting it XD) have you seen the ones on crossEmpire before? If you haven't, I'd be happy to link; they're wonderful as well.
DarkBlaziken chapter 2 . 10/10/2010
I'm in a lack of adjectives to describe this.

It was such a powerful story! I love how you weaved everything in game so nicely

Cecilia's confusion, uncertainty, anger, they were all very nicely fleshed out here!

I like the symbolisms here! But, I didn't really get the significance of Cecilia's dream about Percival dying, unless it was supposed to show her how he's a pillar of strength for her or something.

Something from Percival's POV would of course be welcome:D
DarkBlaziken chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
Beautiful story! I'm at a lack of descriptors for this story

It's very consistent and threads of the story are well-woven inside-loved the politician!Priscilla and scheming!Serra!

You've fleshed the characters out very well-Cecilia and her emotions, Percival's character (I'm still amazed how much you bring out in him by making him speak/do so little)

And the kiss scene was so bittersweet, aww

I also love how you weave in-game dialogue here!
Naryfiel Lilith chapter 2 . 6/18/2010
I absolutely adored this. One problem I had with the Etruria characters was in FE6 was that you really didn't have a lot to work with in terms of characterizations. We saw basically one side from them the entire game and that makes them a trifle boring when compared to some of the others. I loved how you fleshed them out here though. I'd like to see more of this universe, maybe a sequel or prequel?
Myaru chapter 2 . 7/22/2009
I love the difficult picture of Etruria's situation at the end. It almost sounds hopeless, but your description of the coup and Cecilia's retreat from the capitol was hopeless; you conclude the fic with the implication Cecilia and her relationship with Percival will also be rebuilt and become part of the new Etruria, and while it's sad they're broken like this, the ending is still hopeful.

I guess I just like the serious undertone. This probably doesn't surprise anybody.

In any case, the passages describing the coup were incredibly effective - detailed enough to inspire a sense of horror, yet sparse enough not to be gratuitous. Cecilia's flight and last stand were dramatic and interesting. And I shouldn't skimp on praise for your picture of the country's decline after Mildain's supposed death, because that set up the scenes I'm talking about very well. Pricilla's presence was a nice illustration of the nobility, also.

Not to stalk your stories or anything - I just crave more Etruria like you wouldn't believe. Lovely story!
yoshua chapter 2 . 4/10/2009
Cecilia/Percival wELL, I THINK THEY BOTH LOVE EACH OTHER TOO
iri chapter 2 . 1/13/2009
I've always shared the idea that Cecilia's male friend mentioned in the Cecilia-Saul support was Percival. _

I think you've managed to reconcile the Percival recruitment issue well enough and I would interested in seeing a Percival side-story to Sand and Moonlight, but I've seen that you have quite a few works in progress with Fire Emblem.
Milka chapter 2 . 6/12/2008
I always thought your strong point was creating the atmosphere of the story and charaterization. While I would have liked to see Percival's POV, keeping it to just Cecilia's POV makes it consistent and seems to emphasis the sense of how marginalized she's become to the people around her and how she seems to be unable to reach out to them.

To be honest, part 2 seems a bit stiffer than part 1, but that's probably because you had a lot of events in the plot to cover and I can't imagine it was easy to add emotion to Cecilia and Percival's support conversations. The latter was particularly well-done at the end; it was less stiff, but still subtle and overt at the same time (however contrary that sounds).

Excellent work. I was happy to see something well-written for such an uncommon pairing, so I hope you'll continue writing for them.
Korsriddare chapter 2 . 6/10/2008
Still 3 reviews? Unbelievable. I guess they really need to translate FE6.

Now, onwards!

Once again, you captured the mood perfectly. At least, from the way I see it. The anger Cecilia felt, her frustrations, her melancholy, and in the end, her hope. Her portrayal is well done, to say the least.

Percival, on the other hand, was nicely stoic, as per his character. Though I wished you would put in some scenes from his point of view. Still, that is just personal preference. Your fic is consistent, in that the PoV is always Cecilia's. Contradictory, yes? I like the consistency, yet wish for someone else's PoV. Haha. I guess it is just a hope for a Pervical's PoV chapter.

For some reason, I also like the little tidbit you slip in about the church, and the power it (subtley) wields. Another curious yet intriguing insight about Elibe, which I agree with your view.

The ending is fitting, adding more emotions to their support conversation, and showing how... controlled they are? Just the clasping of their hands.

All in all, well done! And looking forward to any fic with this pairing.
Korsriddare chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
This fic is just... excellent, even though this is just part 1 of 2. I love how you included court politics into your fiction, even if it was not touched much upon in either 6 or 7.

I also like how you made it so that Etruria does not tend to hire mercenary due to their own strength. Which makes sense, since most of the time it does appear that the 'loyalist' forces are made up of non-merc units in the game.

Of course, having Cecilia x Percival makes me enjoy it even more.
Milka chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
It's beautiful written and so rare to see Cecilia/Percival (which I would like to see more of). Your style is clear and well-structured. _

I'm curious; when Serra appears with the captive Priscilla, has she been captured as well or has she managed to sweet-talk her way out?

Also, would it be possible to share the url of that particular Japanese site you mention? (fan of beautiful artwork...XP)
Popo-Licious chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
This is absolutely fantastic. From start to finish, I was entranced by the beauty of your prose and the magnificent images you painted for the audience. I hope to see you follow through on this! :)