Reviews for Pictures At An Exhibition
BoB chapter 5 . 9/19/2014
This was a delightful, early season, story with superb characterization, well done.
HG131 chapter 5 . 2/6/2011
This is a REALLY good fic, especially since you tried (and did really well at) nailing the characters as they were in early Season 1, a thing that, since they quickly changed and continued to change from, is something that deserves respect. Dawn also is really well written and is a believable 10 year old Dawn.
Union98 chapter 5 . 9/3/2008
This was a very enjoyable read. Your idea was original, a complete 'episode' and everything tied together well. No loose ends.

Although the Harry Potter references were well used, I thought they might be out of context - was the first book written when Buffy's first season was aired?

And like another reviewer, it did seem as if there was some confusion with British English and American English but that could have just been me.

I will definitely be interested in reading your other stories and can't understand why you haven't received more reviews!

Also I hope you go ahead with your original idea and write about Buffy's incarceration.
celticfox chapter 2 . 7/13/2008
Oh, I thought this was just a one-shot! But I'm very glad to have more delicious chapters to read... you certainly capture the character's voices, you know? And it raises interesting questions- if the paintings are something genuinely threatening, would Giles discover them without Dawn's help? Or was the whole incident fabricated by the monks to protect the Key? Inntteeressting!
biggrstaffbunch chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
I really enjoy the premise, but might I offer a suggestion? As annoying as it is for Brits when Americans BUTCHER say, Harry Potter fanfiction or the like, it's equally as annoying when suddenly perfectly good American lingo and characters are put into a more formal register and speaking as...well, Giles. Having Buffy say reckon is pretty much either screaming out: hey, Hillbilly!Buffy or hey...British!Buffy. Same with Dawn's use of terribly, early on. I really love the fic, but it may behoove you to get an American beta-reader...or to loosen up the general style of your writing, if you are American!
Hatter Madigan chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
OH! update please, i want to know what happens!