Reviews for The Watchman
regfurby chapter 60 . 12/8
Too many crossovers spoil the plot.
regfurby chapter 37 . 12/7
People have this weird idea that suffering builds character and thus keep making their characters undergo endless suffering.

They usually complain about heroes getting 'handouts' saying that it makes things too easy for the heroes. Which i think is really hypocritical since these same people tend to love overpowered villains who pull out new plot powers every other chapter to perfectly counter every hard-won ability of the hero. Or, after allowing the hero to gain a boost of power, they immediately turn around and give the same empowerment to the villains to 'give the hero a challenge', even if there was no plot reason for the villains to gain said power in the first place.

They don't seem to realize that gaining new powers doesn't mean the hero doesn't need to train to use them, and doesn't mean the hero can't train to surpass the limits and abilities of their powers' previous users or create entirely new ones. Sadly, their limited imagination gives them the misconception that potential is defined by canon and once the hero overcomes all canon obstacles and reaches the canon ending, their path is 'complete'.
regfurby chapter 36 . 12/7
Light may have started with good intentions, but he got drunk with power and started indiscriminately killing anyone who opposed him regardless of their innocence, so he's definitely a villain.

L on the on the other hand always gave me the vibe that while he chooses to use the law against criminals, it's only a starting point for him, and he would eventually employ more permanent means to stop criminals if normal methods do not work, so who knows what he could have become if he was allowed to reach his full potential?
TrynaHelpHere chapter 93 . 12/2
I honestly can't take this story seriously after chapter 16. It's been quite...mind-numbing. And I can't believe I read until 43 of this mess. Sorry for being blunt and rude but seriously?
This whole story is just glorifying Rorschach and condemning the Justice League. And plus you didn't even capture Rorschach's personality, style of speaking or even his mannerisms. Rorschach isn't your average edgy 'I'm terrible as a human but I'm right anyway' hero. Rorschach is a paranoid, sociopathic, righteous-mindset, violent, unrelenting anti-hero who has a phobia of women by calling them whores. Not whatever Gary Stu you turned him into.
Rorschach is supposed to have short, straight to the point, and blunt way of talking. For example.

"Hurm. Convenient. Would say that you're insecure. But need to inspect further."

In this fic, you've made him speak in whole essays of sentences of specific and dull ways to speak. No distinction to his established Gary Stu character you've given him. And no, Rorschach can't beat all of those supervillains just because he's willfull and uncompromising. In the end, he's still a human and he can die just as easily. I love Rorschach and all but you've made him untouchable here. So much so that I dislike him in here. This isn't Rorschach. This isn't Walter Kovacs. This is a stupid plot drive that can't be killed using Rorschach's name.

Why the hell are the Justice League a bunch pussies? Rorschach spits some fraction of truth and then they have identity crisises? What the hell? Why is Batman, the greatest detective in the world, expert at being unkillable and ex machina plot driver, being an emo waste bucket while Catwoman is being a nymphomaniac who is just supposed to be a cutboard character that agrees with Rorschach undirectly?

Haven't you thought for once that maybe you're giving Rorschach too much things? Too much convenience and plot armor? And then when you give Terra an Omega level power after their visit to another dimension (that whoel arc was pretty pointless) which made her basically fucking Godlike. There's no point in caring for these characters. And then Ace just drops in out of nowhere and already knows what to do and who Rorschach is. That is just lazy.

Every character in this fic is basically a tape recorder and they say the same thing and remind us of the same thing. Repeating the same lines over and over. The whole "Justice League gives hope. I'm here prevent it from getting worse. Your ideals of no killing code is not right. It's not the easy way but the right way. Blood on your hands. Bla bla bla." The dialogues are always the same. It's boring to read.

I've also skipped ahead and read the last few chapters and dear god it just got worse. Not only are you applying the multiverse plot (which is pretty trashy because the tags were JUSTICE LEAGUE and WATCHMEN only) but you're fanserving fandoms. That's the point where you need to realize that you didn't make a fanfiction of Rorschach. You made a fanficion with Rorschach. And then a bunch of other series, cartoons, comics, mangas, and games were added, you messed it up when you added that. You really, really messed up.

Because I came here to read a Watchmen fic with the JL. Not a fucking multiverse fanservice. So many problems yet it'll take a whole book to list them. So I'll just say that next time you write a story, stop gloryifying your main characters for the sake of jerking them off.
kaiser0kolovos chapter 1 . 11/29
Don't know if you still read the reviews at this point, but I just wanted to say that DC is making a cross over series with the Justice League and the Watchmen series. I found it funny because the ad for it played a minute after clicking in your fanfic.
Darkscythe Drake chapter 93 . 11/26
Who is in the Outlaws?
thepkrmgc chapter 13 . 11/5
shame that nobody has the sense to just give rorschack the lethal injection
thepkrmgc chapter 12 . 11/5
lasso of truth op
thepkrmgc chapter 11 . 11/5
how did rorschach survive getting shot, his coat isnt made of steel and even kevlar can only do so much
thepkrmgc chapter 10 . 11/5
i wonder how the shopping heroes will react to that excessive use of force in front of them
thepkrmgc chapter 9 . 11/5
you should make rorschach into an all out villain, because in this idealistic world he genuinely is one
thepkrmgc chapter 8 . 11/5
what do the villains from out of town think of the dimensionally misplaced psychopath?
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 11/5
so much for batman being the world's greatest detective, cant even follow the tril of a very badly hurt rorcharch
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 11/5
why hasnt batman called in jl reinforcements?
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 11/5
might want to focus on the broader themes that make watchmen interesyting instead of just having rorcharch brutally kill people
1,747 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »