Reviews for Ashes to Ashes
D chapter 3 . 3/6/2016
I don't know why this story doesn't have more reviews. I have always loved it. I've reread it 10 times.
cinnamonarabesque chapter 3 . 12/28/2014
Damn this story is good. Too bad it's been five years since you last posted... But seriously - amazing work!
Thiefheart chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Whoop! Love the chapter! Happy happy L! Yay! XD
Mizuki's dead fire chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Please update this! It's my favorite story, and I love how well you keep L in character!
szsy chapter 3 . 10/8/2011
Oh update!

I sound desperate, I realize, but this story is so in-character and so wonderful I just can't wait to know what happens next! And the mystery in the case of the bombings is very intriguing and I've heard of the nursery rhyme before, it's always made me feel a bit creeped out. L is a very lovely child (lol).
A Midsummer Night's dream chapter 3 . 2/25/2011
And with this candle...I will light your mother's dress on fire?Huh, Tim Burton? XD
Onba chapter 3 . 5/16/2010
This is facinating! I love it!

I wish you would sight the quotes at the end of our chapters though, because I am very curious as to were the first and third one comes from.
TeamVampire chapter 3 . 5/8/2010
You know (just in relation to your author's note), I read there have been several suspensions and expulsions of students in the US for owning Death Notes with their peers' names written inside. Seems sort of an overreaction to me, but then it is a little disconcerting to think that someone would even joke about people they'd like to see die... Moving on.

This is my final review for the story. Hardly a review, really, since I somehow manage to distract myself with other topics for a good portion of anything I write. But half a review, perhaps.

It's been unreal. And I mean that in the complimentary sense and the literal sense. Since, you know, it's fiction. Heh. I am so funny late at night. Anyway, enjoyed every sentence and witticism. Thanks for the fun read.
TeamVampire chapter 2 . 5/8/2010
I bet it was V who blew up the Cathedral. One of his earlier stands against government control. Ha... Ah, I'm such a geek.

L reminds me of Artemis Fowl, particularly in regard to his attitude towards and treatment of the psychologists. I love it. It's a rather hollow sort of compliment, I suppose - loving it - since I could very well love a great deal of things, and none of them would necessarily have to be any good, but I'm going to continue using it anyway. Because I can't think of anything more apt to say.
TeamVampire chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
I can't believe I love a Death Note fanfic this much. It's brilliant. You just have this patience in your writing that allows you so much attention to detail. I especially loved the short scene on the day of Light's birth. And just the whole idea of L growing up... it's awesome. And the writing is awesome. YOU'RE awesome.
Sezony chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
You really have done an amazing job writing about how L was as a child. I love this story and really hope you plan on finishing it... but it's been more than a year already so I'm not sure :(
I hope you decide to continue this one! I'd love to see L solve his first case.. and how everyone reacts to the fact that an 8 year old found out who was behind the bombings.
A Midsummer Night's Dream chapter 3 . 11/26/2009
Man, this is you still going to update it though?I hope you still would.
Killingmemory chapter 3 . 8/30/2009
I really hope you update this soon. I find your take on L's childhood fascinating and I'm eager to see where you take this. Thank you for writing such an enjoyable story.
Hikari Daeron chapter 3 . 2/12/2009
... *coughs at the lateness of this review* I realized I never came back to read the last section, soo...

*waits for the appropriate 'NEE I'M STUCK AGAIN' comment to come for chapter 4*
SakuraCa chapter 3 . 2/5/2009
That story was awesome, and I thought that L was absolutely adorable. I can imagine it very clearly L as a little curious child, frustrating his caretakers, and solving hard puzzles.

The last two sentences made think: "aww.. how cute". I think that this story has potential to become a very good short fic. If I may suggest, I think that the story should end with L solving the case with his mother's murder. But of course, that is entirely up to you.

Thank you for writing this piece.

SakuraCa