Reviews for A Luff in the Sails
ArtemisxHolly chapter 1 . 6/20
It was interesting and here are my critiques:

1) Just my opinion but I think Luffy would be the one to want to said the child on the ship and not Nami.

2) To me it seemed like Luffy's answer wasn't satisfying enough to the point where I was thinking that he was just coming off unrealistic not trying to convince her of his point but more telling her if they ever got pregnant on the ship it would be the end of them. If he had really given an argument that could counter Nami's then i would have liked it more however he didn't really give one and it just sorta bugged me.

But all in all good story and well written.
RosesAndRavens chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
This is some scary shit.
Love chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
I think luffy would never act like that. If anything he would love heack in courage having a baby abourd cause he knows he is strong and that they would protect them! I don't think he was portrayed well in this sorry if I sound like a jerk just my personal opinion. Other then that this story is well writin there are some bad writers out there but this was good
Toriano.Flacko chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Hm... (tilts head to one side) Hm... (tilts head to the other side)

You know... there IS still the points where 'Hello? She might not be pregnant yet!' and 'Dude, tell her why not already.' Yeah he's being, like, deadly serious about it all (but he's being kind of a pessimist about it, huh? Not like him, that).

So on one hand, if she's pregnant, he's gonna take her back to somewhere outside the Grand Line, boot her off the ship, wish good luck, and hope Zoro doesn't get them lost on the way back to the New World. On the other hand, running the consequence of breaking up (definitely no more sex... even since FIRST TIME (yeesh)), he's making sure she'll stay.

Bummer. He seems to have turned out a lot like his father... but, like, that much more... hm... selfish? Bastardish? Pessimistic? What's the word...

Anyway, you made this one like two years and ten days ago, so doubt you care much anymore or remember how it was supposed to go. Seems this is the end of the ALPTN series of you, huh? Bastard...( not in the insulting way... well, yes, kind of in the insulting way, but too late to have any effect anyway.) Makes Tor-san wish he didn't read this last one...

Good luck dodging these Alastair-seeking rotten tomato bombs... FIRE!

LATER!
Darkness34 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I don't understand luffy, whats so wrong about that idea?
nami chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
worst chapter! Luffy would never behave as depicted here. and the climax is the worst described.
GumGumOnigiri chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
I must admit i didnt like this one-shot when i first read it both of them seemed so out of character but after going over it again i changed my mind they couldnt be anymore in character considering your history of ALPTN and even without that i would probably expect luffy to act like that, i've read some other reviews and people need to understand that they'er pirate's they live for danger and having a baby would never work, I think luffy shows remarkable maturity as well as selfishness he's not thinking about protecting his kid hes saying that a child much less a pregnant girl should never be in that situation in the first place thats the the mark of a good father but alas he's also a pirate and he's knows that he can't just quit at this late stage in the game i mean just look at yassop and ussop in that world pirates must leave their kids all the time, and i think namis deluding herself she knows hes right but will never admit it because she's the one who'll have to leave the ship and her dream and him for months on end and then leave the baby...sniff..its very sad but you did it good congrats on a great story
GreenCyberWolf chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
WTF man this is really depressing, I cant believe you would have Luffy abandon Nami and their baby. If there's one thing I know Luffy wouldnt do it would be leaving behind family or friends. Also it sounds like he has no faith in how strong his nakama are, that definately doesnt sound like Luffy at all.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
LOL! The reviews suggest the subject was unexpectedly controversial. Granted- I am depressed.

But I don't think the characterizations were far-fetched or that the conclusion was reached at an impractical pace. It's very down to earth and wholly lacking that romanticism pirates are renowned for; Luffy was the most practical- minded? Boggles the mind. Ah well. Ce la vi. Still. It's right up there with Roots and Schindler's List- not to be observed but once a decade or I'd never stop crying. No. Not really.
redinred chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
i like the story-line a lot. and i don't think you will end it here ;) and every couple has to go through some tough times so... it's really good and i love it :)

this dream-thingie... why do i have the feeling that i know where this is going to end? ;)
Lord of Murder chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
no. i don't like it
funvince chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
I wonder what the thought process behind such a depressing story was. Maybe you were going though a rough patch? Things just felt off to me. Luffy was fine. He's correct that the New World is too dangerous to be dragging a pregnant woman around in. My confusion is toward Nami who I would have expected to understand an obvious thing like that. And Luffy's last line just seemed inappropriate. He knows damn well why she's crying.

This just felt like a forced excuse to break up the couple and get the tragic, ironic ending. I don't know... the issues you bring up are realistic but the execution doesn't ring true to me. I would think there would be more of a struggle to resolve their differences.

I'm going to pretend that isn't a true sequel to ALPTN. This isn't a knock at you. It's an expression of how much I loved ALPTN.
BlueRyuu chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
...wow that subtext there was LOUD. is it just me, or were other people (you) also thinking that that is not the only dream Nami has...? O.o b
lilyoftheval5 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Ouch.

I think it would be lovely to raise a baby while travelling the seas, but I can not disagree with Luffy. It would be a nightmare.

Thank you.
Nami-Swaaaannn chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Fic is a disappointment. Seems rushed, ooc, and left the end unanswered. ALPTN was good.

This was to be expected... sequels tend to suck.