Reviews for Game Face
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Wow, I loved this. So well done. Loved the image of a determined Sam gathering up a battalion of hunters to go save his brother. And then being there for him afterwards, just listening. *happy sigh* Thanks!
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
This was a departure for you (I think, although there are one or two others in the last couple of weeks that I believe I've missed), and you gave yourself a tough assignment, but pulled it off very neatly. I think my favorite aspect was Dean feeling everything in terms of cold/not-cold...you should pardon the expression, but that was a cool concept!
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
another fabulous job. I loved this story. You did a great job.
HAP chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Another great fic! I liked the structure of this - it really fit in with Dean's situation.

On a side note: Isn't Bobby just great?
riquitv chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
great great fic, i love the story, well, maybe i would have like to know what happened exactly during those 13 days but i really enjoyed it so, thanks so much for sharing :)
Brenny chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
i loved it, good job, sweety
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
I really liked the feel you get at the end. How it just worked. Dean able to just share, Sam just listening. Like the road got a little straighter and easier to travel.

Good story.
may7fic chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Hey, there. I haven't been around here in a while and am now desperately trying to play catch up. I know you've said I don't have to review all of your stories but I certainly couldn't resist with this one. You *know* I love your work, love your take on the boys, their voices, banter, everything.

So nothing's changed with this story... aside from loving it even *more* than I do some of the others. Stylistically, it's a little different, stands out with a certain totally appropriate disjointedness, thanks to you maintaining Dean's POV, and its execution was brilliant. Perfect for the circumstances of Dean's plight.

I love Sam being so capable and the rescuer here and Dean's mixture of pride and panic in coming to this realization. Also love that Dean confided some more to Sam.

This story had a wonderfully, sleepy weightiness to it that conveyed Dean's condition of mind and body and left me almost as breathless as it did Dean. Gorgeous work as always - thank-you!
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
FANTASTIC, as usual. Filled with such emotion and sorrow...and love. You are amazing, I know I always say, but the stories just get to me, right in my heart, they feel so real that I just have to tell you again how very talented you are! Thanks for keeping on writing :)
Rat chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
What an awesome long fic. I really enjoy all your stories, but this one was special becuase it was meatier in the plot. I like how you were able to capture Dean's never ending trust in Sam, and Sam's tendency to go badass when he is left alone and needs to get something done (like save Dean).

I can't believe how many stories you write! It is so much fun to get a story update in the email and come read some really good new fic.
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Beautiful! I love it! Love the bits of lost time and the vengeance and power that you used to paint Sam. Such a contradiction of strength and compassion. I like that Dean conceded some secrets as a way of asking Sam to not give up on him. As if he ever would :)
Harrigan chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Yay! New fic from you is always satisfying!
bb1028 chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
The way you portray Sam in this (actually in most of your stories lol) is awesome, and so completely *right*..

Loved the idea of Sam leading his "friggin’ battalion" in order to find Dean, and then Bobby's comments about all that Sam had done and the fact that he acknowledged that Sam "got those stubborn Winchester genes same as you and your dad" was great too.

And really, Dean realizing that he'd really not alone is simply awesome.. and definitely something he needs to remember.

Another amazing story. Hope to read more soon :)

beth xx
sylia91 chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Great fic as always. You do the brothers' relationship so well. I wonder how many of those experienced hunters gathered to help because it was Dean that needed it as well as Sam asking. Nice to see Dean get taken care of once in a while. Eagerly looking forward to your next fic!
apieceofcake chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Loved how you wrote Dean fading in and out! Very nice story, thank you :-)
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »