Reviews for A Fighting Chance
justjoe chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
A great one shot. All of the characters were spot on.
PSG1JOHN chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Very nice story between the family.

Derek Sarah mad as hell over John's care of Cameron, they didn't want it moving forward.

The bath room with Derek Sarah, was sad, and nice at the same time.

Sarah releasing her stress with Derek help.

Then at the end the hint of what was coming and what Sarah Derek feared.
DaiHelsing chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Aww, it's a very pretty story. I like it very much. It's so peaceful, warm... And Sarah/Derek. So romantic. I luv it. You have a nice style. Good luck with writing!:) [BTW, can somebody kill Jessie? -_-]
fairedust chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
I absolutly loved it. I to see a reason to put these two together. I can't stand Jesse. I never trusted her charactor. But these two? They complete each other. I liked how you gave Sarah a weak (human) moment with out making her weak. I also liked how you gave Derek a soft (human) moment without making him change from the rottie into a poodle to. Thanks for the great read.
Augustus Paladin Maximus chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Thank you for such a great story. It really has positive message where strangely the creators managed to send out a negative one (at least from my point of view). I really liked your story. Again thank you for a ray of hope in a really tragic story. Great story!
milliardovampire chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
interesting perspective and i think its lovely that your showing derecks feelings for Sarah. in the culture of my people if a man dies his wife and children go under the protection of his brother so its just interesting for me to see derecks reactions.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Cool. Catch ya on the flip side.
chelsea chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
wow that was amazing ive always thought Derek and Sarah would be an amzing couple because they are both strong characters

good work :)
SSG Michael B Jackson chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
An interesting look at what might be between Derek and Sarah, not to mention John and Cameron. As usual, Derek can care less about Cameron, even after she's nearly been blown to kingdom come; and he wonders why he and his friends in the future seem to be losing their humanity?

At any rate, another good one and sorry for the lack of real commentary there. I guess that's just because I liked the piece and I certainly can't find much of anything to 'critique'.

Mike Jackson
mary chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
I love your story. It's so well written and the style is perfect.I hope you continue it in some way or write an other story.

You have at least one fan waiting for you next "master piece"
snow drop deer chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
I thought this was really good. You show a side of Sarah, and Derek that you never see.
Alana84 chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Great one-shot, I really liked it!

I really like the way you write and the character description is awesome, furthermore, the fic itself is very well written!

Good job!
Metropolis Kid chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Okay, I haven't decided if I'm really for or against the Derek\Sarah parring yet. Having said that, you're writing in this is simply incredible! This is written even better than the Birthdays and Builtdays fic. Where the heck did you learn to write a romance fic so well? It's something that I simply can't do. I know. Every time I try, it comes of as either corny or... Okay make that just corny. But somehow you make it seem genuine. Even Sarah's vulnerability didn't seem out of character here. Really, a great job.
happyhooligan2001 chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
I was kind of suprised when Derek walked in on Sarah in the shower like that but I suppose in the cramped tunnels of post apocolypse Los Angeles privacy isn't a consideration.

And John thinks Cameron is beautiful, even with half her face blown off. He can see beyond the surface. She is still a loyal companion and a friend in a sort of weird way.
thewomanwhosoldtheworld chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
this is a truly wonderful one-shot about sarah and derek, the way you write them fits prefectly for their characters... and i even thought sarah's breakdown was ok character wise! thats saying something since i usually hate it when writer's depict her crying.

i say with encouragement to keep writing them, i look forward to all your future ttscc fics, you are going on my favs.

thewomanwhosoldtheworld:-)