Reviews for Pain Without Tears
River Jaeger chapter 13 . 5/20/2012
I am so sad that this hasn't been updated in a while. I love this fic! I can already guess where it's going with the Nemu thing...I really really hope to see more of this. I rarely see such amazing characterization, plot development, and imagery as seen here in this fic. Good job
Sobela chapter 13 . 11/26/2011
great story but will there be more?

if not np
Vheeri The Succubus chapter 10 . 11/24/2011
I've been reading this for awhile now and I decided to review. Mainly for 1 reason alone- seeing as how I almost never review anything.

This, my dear, is an excellent story and is done so well it could even make canon.. well, if it had more of a T theme instead of M. Anyway, I love it. I'm thankful that you published this work of art to FF, however, 1 thing just sort of made me pause and stop to review. And to somewhat justify my reasoning, just know that I am the anti romance when it comes to non-canon in Bleach.

When I got to "I imagine its rather intimidating being loved by that impotent husk of undeserved arrogance." I had to sit, mentally bang my head on a wall, and listen to some Assassin's Creed to calm down. I know all the UlquiHime shippers/fans out there will hate me, but it's actually me least favorite couple in all of Bleach.

I pray that her denial will stand (I mean am I the only one who remembered her confession for Ichigo and scene with Muramasa?) and there will be no romance between any of the characters. Your phenomenal writing is the only thing keeping me going. Not to mention I look forward to more of Isane's suffering. Yeah I'm horrible XD

-sees last update date-

R.I.P. story!
gaaralover1989 chapter 13 . 10/12/2011
omg the drama this is intense! I see it hasnt been updated since 09 but I hope you update this!
Miri-chan chapter 13 . 2/16/2011
This is by far one of the best Bleach fanfics ever! Nemu and Isane are two of my favorite characters, so I quickly beccame hooked on this story. The description of Nemu's past was amazing compared to other stories I've read. I found this story more suspenseful and exciting than some parts of the real storyline. Especially the last chapter! It would be great to learn what happens next. Please update soon if you can! -/
Laerkstrein chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I keep reading this because I love it so much. I'm excited that you will (hopefully) be updating soon. :) Also, to keep your author's notes separate from the actual storyline, I suggest using dividers or something. Just a helpful hint. :) Anyway, good luck, and keep writing!
Dellanotte chapter 13 . 9/6/2010
Absolutely cruel. Having Retsu killed so that Isane can be stuck with Mayuri, the latest revelations of the ever-evil irony, Orihime still stuck in Las Noches, Ichigo and Kisuke stuck there too, Nel... Damn, this is one of the best Trauma Conga Lines I've seen in a long time.

I was positively cackling when Kurotsuchi finally explained the baby, nevermind what you've done to poor defenseless Retsu...

I'd like to see the timeline to create such crapsack world AUness, especially assuming that you're keeping up with the Deicide Arc. Then again, I'd like to see an Update from 2010 as well, so there's always that...

The emotion and undercurrents are exquisite, by the way. Even with Kurotsuchi as a main character, you neither attempted to soften him nor make him an absolute monster beyond the original parameters. Same for Syazel, even though you managed to make me pity him. Nice combination.

You're quite skilled at tugging on the reader's heartstrings. It's such a pity that this is pretty much a DeadFic, since you're putting some interesting people in the spotlight. Add that to the ways Ichigo's being tortured (am IchiHime fan), and you've got a pretty awesome cast. Which reminds me, where on Earth are the rest of the rescue party? Ishida, Chad, Renji, Rukia? Dead? Escaped? Captured? I can understand losing interest in a story, but it's just so rare to find one that pays attention to proper English...

If I have any complaints, it's all of the questions you're still leaving the writers with, but beyond that you've made it rather difficult to nitpick. I can't even compare this to canon manga given the long pause on writing...

Okay, good; I've found my complaint. My one complaint is that you haven't completed it, which shows that maybe I'm just a little too much like Mayuri. Carry on, then.

~Ara.
Shelby Palmer chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Amazing! This is one of the best fanfics I've read. My boyfriend's sister suggested it and it hasn't disappointed. And it's only the first chapter!
Xoroth chapter 13 . 10/12/2009
Well, it's been a while since I've read this story. As with the other chapters this one was good. Excellent style, grammar, and no errors as far as I could tell. I could definitely see Mayuri doing something like that.
Racheakt chapter 7 . 9/29/2009
I have a question.

There are curious simularities between the capture of Loly and Menoly, and the baby, sustained by a captive, tortured soul.

Tell me. Will Isane do something similar? Or Nemu, perhapse? (Laughs- the irony!) Free them- I mean?

I wouldn't say anything normaly, but the 'echo from the past' is strange- it resonates in a very satisfying manner. I would like very much to see something along those lines.

An alternative might be to have Uitake free them, on Isane's request. Symbolicly, if you go on with the pairing, that could be... intrigueing. A way of re-affirming Isane's trust in soul society after she gets through being tortured by Mayuri?
Racheakt chapter 13 . 8/28/2009
Finely crafted without being overbearing- in-character without being redundant. I commend you for such craftmanship!

The choice and usage of characters is thoughtfull and well-executed, not to mention unusual. I'm looking forward to what you do with this rare gem.

The only problem I can see is the unbalenced nature of the storylines. Though the characters you focus on are well exectuted- everything besides them is largely ignored. Might we get an idea of the world at large at some point. What's happening at Kakura (SP?) who died? Where's the rest of the nakama; Chad, Rukia, Tatsuki? How did the battle develope differently?

...

It might be interesting to see interaction between Mayuri and Grantz. After their battle I'm wondering if the Arrancar may have developed a phobia of people with makeup fetishes... (Heheheh...)

Also, as for the fights during the invasion proper, might I make a request? Byakuya and Yachiro v. Stark and Lillinette. Stark's powers counter Byakuya's rather nicely, and Yachiro would irritate Lillinette to no end.

Also, Loly and Menloly... can you possibly allow them to survive? I always saw them as haveing so much more to add by way of backstory- and then they got killed off... I think you could work wonders with them!

Don't abandon this one, not whe you're doing so well...

That's all that comes to mind for now, cheers!

Racheakt
Illegitimi chapter 3 . 8/17/2009
This fic is phenomenal! And on so many levels...Gods, some of you Bleach writers are awe inspiring! This fic caught me from page one, and I am sorry to see that you have put this on a temporary hiatus, though I'll cheer you forward in your legal aspirations 100%.

Well, at least I have a good many chapters a head of me, so I'll revel in your writing for as long as I can and appreciate what is written so far.

Just don't forget about us...! ;)
Joker Devaki Jinx chapter 13 . 7/23/2009
Chop chop!

You have much of a climax to deal with. What is your point in leaving this insanely interesting story to wait so long?

Surely you could manage to write another chapter in a shorter period of time.

And don't you dare give me writers block.
Very Very Panda chapter 13 . 7/3/2009
I've greatly enjoyed reading all chapters of your story so far, it is a very interesting read and a well told story, but the fact that there are no more chapters to read now makes me sad! I do hope you finish or at least add more to this sometime, it's very good.
Hajiscello chapter 13 . 5/2/2009
That was soo cool!The Mayuri vs Unohana fight was great. I hope you write more soon. I want to see what happens with the arrancar's kidnapping plan.