Reviews for Black Dwarfs, Blue River
This is me rolling my eyes at Edmund
Edmund sounds like my aunt when she's worn out. She used to have this sign in her door saying "You knock today you will die today"
I love the authors disclaimer and thankyou for being a nice author who won't kill off characters out of nowhere
Haffajaffa chapter 1 . 5/17
I've just read this story now-despite it being posted 10 years ago-but it is a true work of art. I love its originality, many Narnia fanfics seem to have the same plotlines and how well you describe all the forging-it really brings it to life. I love Edmund's characterization and his relationship with Brickit. Edmund's sure of himself and a true king-yet we see his insecurities too as well as his fierce love for his brother. Did you base Edmund on skandar Keynes from the movies I wonder-as you mention him having dark hair?

Overall lots of things to love-my only crticism would be that I really would have liked the scene where Edmund gives peter the knife.
Well done. Good story.
Aslan between you and evil, bardling.
Good enough for a brother, but not for a king.
Synchoncity! (Or do I mean serendipity?). If never heard of fiddleheads until a week ago, when someone mentioned them on Facebook, and here they are in your story. If I had read this two weeks ago, I would have had no idea what you were talking about.
Given how seldom dwarves ride horses,that’s a markof trust, that is.
Good to hear the background of the Master Smith’s family.
Anon chapter 30 . 1/22
Could you imagine Edmund going to the smithy every year? And Brickit and the other Black Dwarfs there feeling like he is a part of their family? And then one day, when Edmund is with them he tells them that he and his siblings, including "Nancy", are going to try and catch the White Stag that has been spotted? And Brickit and Brint are now old and witty and they tease him like: "Spawn, if ye catch it, wish for more iron, we need it" or something like that while Baia has an awful feeling of dread about this whole thing. And then the day comes when news reach them that the Monarchs went back to the land of Spare Oom... Far away. And Brickit loses an important member of his family once again.
A wonderful read! I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. I look forward to reading more of your works in the future.
anonymousme chapter 30 . 11/9/2018
you know electrum, did i ever mention that your stories are absolutely awesome? no? well, they are and you had better believe it, because it is SO true.
this was an amazingly awesomely wonderfully great story. the characterization was great and the job with the black dwarfs was absolutely stunning. i hope that i don't sound like i'm gushing because i'm not, but really. this is definitely one of the best fics iv'e seen anywhere. we really don't see much of the black dwarfs in the books, and yet somehow you have taken what little there was and made an absolute masterpiece that really is canon for the black dwarfs and everything related to them. and yet somehow also mixed in humor that fit, even though black dwarfs are noted for being especially grouchy, like grumpy from snow white and the seven dwarfs. wonderful, wonderful job.
Citiesofowls chapter 30 . 10/24/2018
I have an enormous workload to get done by tomorrow (college, yay) but I couldn't resist rereading this story. It always brings such a smile to my face, and I appreciate the peace and contented feeling it leaves me with when it's done. Thank you for such a lovely story-one which I look forward to reading again when I need calming and cheering up:)
flight9 chapter 30 . 9/13/2018
So beautiful! Thank you so much for this story! God bless you..
1,149 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »