Reviews for Small Compensation
sheerio4ever chapter 1 . 1/10
Okay, this was excellent! Although I kept wishing that she would say something to Near :/ Poor Sayu.
blank canvas of me chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
This was beautiful and utterly perfect. I'm sorry I don't have any other things to say about this- there are frankly no negative parts of this story or anything I can disagree with. When it comes with terms of characterization, you got Near spot-on. Cold and blunt as ever. It was fantastic. I really love the idea of Near/Sayu. And I know this wasn't a romance fic, but you made them seem believable.
moira33 chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
OMG I started crying at the end where she tried to speak but did not succeed,well maybe because I also listened to Run by Leona Lewis as I read this amazing story
Good job! I was so impressed and moved by your story...
doingsomeliving chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
This was just incredible, I'm impressed by how you kept the charaterizations.
I just loved so much Near, blunt and cold like always, and Sayu, we didn't see her in the anime after the kidnapping, but the way that you described her, was perfect, credible.
Thought, the end was regrettable, it made me feel so sad for what left of the Yagami's family..
Anyways, thanks for sharing this fic, clearly it goes to my favs.
I Am Me And I Can Fly chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
There are many words that can describe this, but I do believe that the simplest term would be 'amazing'. And so it is...this is a marvelous piece and I now feel compelled to take a look at your other work. Once again, this story is absolutely amazing.

With All Due Respect,

iammeandicanfly
TheLegacyLives chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
my fucking Gosh...

why do the aftermath fic of death note always make me so depressed...I always wish for some hope...but at the end, there is none
Natalie chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Beautiful. I loved the characterization of Sayu, the way her mind is almost completely intact despite her silence, and the yarn. My favorite line: "In Sayu's mind, the moment stretched on into infinity - a small, dimly lit room with three smaller people, connected by nothing but a murderer and a bright red string." I find it interesting that Sachiko blames Near for ruining her family and puts him on the same side as Mello, since in most interpretations I've seen, she blames Kira.
schnook chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Pure brilliance.
EverythingToMe chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
woah the wat you told the story was amasing! oh plz make more chapters to this story i'd love to read it if you do...i kinda wanna hear sayu actully say something to near :)
zeynel chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Beautiful! And sad. But I loved it!
LithiumKiss chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
I thought I had better review this story, too, because it was really well written. Near was so in character, I could just see him and hear him inside my head as I was reading. I would have liked to know what he was thinking and feeling as well as Sayu, but I'm glad that you stuck to just Sayu's perspective because though I've been told that one is allowed to switch perspectives when writing in third person, I prefer not to, and I prefer to read with the perspective staying the same.
RachelClaire chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
Aw man why are you so good at writing? Your originality is brilliant, and the way you describe the situation in this is just fantastic. You're very talented. I hope to see more Death Note from you :) Keep writing!~~
Guest chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
I enjoyed this immensely. Congrats, I have added you to the list of authors whose pages I stalk every other week to check. In short, congratulations. You've got a stalker. _

Nah. Joking. XD

But I DO love your work, and if I ever get off my lazy butt and get an account, you will be under favorites. _ This is the first Death Note actual fanfiction (Unless owner's manuals count...) I've ever read. And now you have me addicted. THANK YOU!

So when I get an account, I'll come back and review under it so you can yell at me for being a stalker. :)

-One of FanFiction's Many, Many, Many Unnamed Users.
Peter Rabid chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Wow. I love Near, him being blunt as ever. And trying to guilt-trip Sayu into talking.

A really interesting idea, and well-written. Kudos.

Ciao,

Peter Rabid
WithABunny chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Wow. You've done a wonderful job on this one. This, I think, is probably one of my most favorite angst fics in the DN fanfic-verse, if not THE one. I love how you've kept the characters IC, and for Mrs. Yagami, who is actually OOC here, you've justified it. I can definitely see why she would be so angry.

Oh, and that ending line - that just finished the story off in all the right ways.

I have a question, by the way -

Did you really mean for this fic to be under the Parody category, or was that just a mistake?

Anyway, great job! I wish more people would review this, it deserves more than what it's received so far! I think I'm in love with this pairing now.