Reviews for Harry Potter and the Power He Knew Not
kyoshi711 chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
story sucks!
Dragon63 chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
The most interesting thing about this story is one that no one else has mentioned: the story starts off a few seconds before midnight, apparently on the 30th of July 1997, so that the bulk of the story occurs on July 31st, 1997.

However, at the *end* of those ten seconds, after Mundungus is immolated, all of a sudden it is July 31st, 1996... a year earlier!

Is that meant to be part of the whole mystery, that time has been rewound a year? Or simply a typo that has never been caught? I doubt the latter, as at the end of the burning section, the date is completely written out "longhand", *and* the date heading for the "investigative" section agrees with the longhand date... one year earlier than when the story began.

The other odd thing not at all resolved by what there is of the story, is why Mrs. Figg did not respond to Minerva's Floo-call.
hpfananita chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Wow, that was great but only if it is continued, otherwise the whole existence and trials of Harry were pointless. The longer story gets my vote.
cheitanz chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
Wow! that was really well written - as always :) Please continue, would be gd if harry was alive cause it would be longer :p
Ginny Potter chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
WOW i'm.. i'm speackless i would love 4 u to finish this:)
summersgirl2526 chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
I can't wait to see which way you decide to take this story!
jabarber69 chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
I think he became a Phoenix Lord! you know consumed from and then reborn from fire and ash! but hey its your story. If you take it anywhere, then I'll post it to my favs.
jetrois chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
i think we all will want to see harry live its just not a HP fic with out harry
fraewyn chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
Cant wait to see the next!
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Well that was a terrible tease. Start off with a bang and a cliffie and not even promise more.

Does that make you a bad person or just someone not to date? ;-)

Depending on what was actually going on, this story could be excellent or just pretty lame.

It's also amusing that so many authors have something magical happen on Harry's 17th birthday but then assume that he was born at the stroke of midnight! They also suppose that magic would somehow follow the calender date when this will be up to a day off of any of the various natural cycles that magic would truly care about.
catleopardclaw chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
This is good, so have Harry not be dead. Just thought I'd share my opinion.
sparky40sw chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
I would like to see option 2 - if Harry is dead, it is just pointless IMO - nothing of value accomplished.

very well written descriptive scenes, nice tie ins to the canon, etc, but the story has to have a point to be worth reading.

thanks
ZanyMuggle chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
I'd say go with the lving!Harry story, simply because there will be more of it. This was an intriguing read, and I'd rather see you build it up and reveal parts of it slowly, rather than rush it. You can always have Harry consumed in the end, even with a longer story.

Thanks for writing!
librarywitch chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Whoa you got to write the longer version pretty please! This was so good.
Fibinaci chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Nice. If he's dead the world is screwed. Also seems like it's screwde if he lives.