Reviews for Of Violence
Parnita chapter 10 . 12/14/2014
This my favorite chapter... Fun day at kurosaki..
Everything is nice...
Parnita chapter 28 . 6/11/2014
This story was heart wrenching & heart warming at the same time, i thoroughly enjoyed the light playful moments & was teary eyed when the story turned sad..
It was very well written, & i enjoyed every word, i was sad to see rukia die but i understand Ur reason..
Decline of relation & beginning of anew, parental love everything has been so beautifully portrayed... This is truly a wonderful tale!
Parnita chapter 10 . 6/10/2014
Kurosaki household is always entertaining...!
Parnita chapter 6 . 6/9/2014
Very well written...& intense read...
Bt How i wish for things to lighten up...!
Guest chapter 23 . 6/1/2014
I am... severely disappointed... I knew Rukia was going to go away. I knew something horrible like death was coming. But to have it done this way was horrible. I couldn't understand her. I get that you were trying to flesh out and maybe even exaggerate her insecurities to explain her character but nothing but a sick mind could really be the reason behind what has happened to her in this story. I don't hate Rukia. She's crazy. In this story she is insane. I hate this crazy Rukia, but not her herself. This Ichigo is weak. I hate him in this story too. Byakuya is contradicting. Perhaps it's because I read this story so many years after you wrote it, but I find myself going back and forth about whether he is really in character or not. I tried not to see Rukia for the sick and selfish woman she has become, but even with the understanding that she has changed, no longer the Rukia who I am familiar with and love, I hate her. And now that she is dead, there can be no redemption. There can be no answers. Not for anyone, because although it's great this Ichigo and Byakuya can now freely love and support each other, Ichigo has not gained anything but an easy break. He has not been allowed to show his strength in dealing with his failed marriage and relationship, because death has decided to take care of everything for him. Congratulations on being happy now that everything loathful from your past has gone away. Mainly Rukia. It is shameful the way the characters in this story deal with these "real" issues. You discuss how comical and teasing violence in the canon series can develop into sometime dark and twisted. But you disregard that it is able to be comical because there is understanding there. It's true that if circumstances were different, Rukia hitting Ichigo would not be "cute" or amusing, but it is my opinion that if the two ever became so out of touch with reality and each other that the ability to physically tease (although I agree that in the real world I hardly see this type of interaction outside of siblings or children) they would no longer be Ichigo and Rukia so they wouldn't be together (as friends, lovers, partners, etc) anyway. I mean hello! This story is no longer Bleach if the characters intimate relations and interactions are so skewed that one person or another allows abuse to develop beyond what is shown in the series. The entire 11th squad should go into counseling. Chizuru should file a restraining order on Tatsuki. Isshin's children should be put into foster homes. It may sound ridiculous and like I'm being over critical, but it's the truth. Rukia, Tatsuki, Isshin, and squad 11 do not initiate physicality among the people around them ( save for the "bad" guys) out of a desire to hurt physically OR mentally and do so without causing it (well, maybe not Kenpachi). So once they lose sight and start to let it become abuse, hurting others even unintentionally, so that the "victims" actually become victims, unable to stop and communicate with their "friends" that "Hey, that kinda hurts. Stop please," with a positive reply (understanding, apologizing, stopping, making amends), it is clear these characters are no longer the characters we know. They have changed so much to the point where abuse is happening because they lost the intimate understanding where a frustrated nudge, friendly swat on the arm, or even a teasing flick to the forehead becomes dangerous ground because the ability to communicate is gone. When my friends get excited and yank on my arm to show me something, I DON'T call it abuse, because I can easily say "Stop pulling on me, it hurts!" with the understanding that they will and apologize without it jeopardizing our relationship. The thing is, situations like that never, or hardly ever happen because we ARE friends, and even when excited, we understand the right amount of pressure to use to convey urgency without harm, persuade participation without forcing it. When Rukia kicks Ichigo it's to get his attention and motivation, and he sees and FEELS it the way it is meant because she wouldn't do it to be perceived any other way. when my grandma pinches my cheeks, it's to show affection and attention and I don't think anything of it even if it leaves my muscles tingling afterward. Now if she was digging her nails in, because I have faith in our relationship and her character, I know I can tell her to ease off and be met with understanding. It's not abuse. But in this story, it is abuse. Rukia needs to chill and find some help. She is NOT the canon Rukia of course and can't control herself because she has gone insane. I'm just so upset she never really well find that resolution. I don't think this situation is possible ever unless Rukia, Ichigo, Byakuya, and everyone else were already the characters you have written in this story, because as i said before, if they lose that understanding where abuse is even able to be slightly considerable, they are no longer Rukia, Ichigo, Byakuya, etc. I hate Rukia here because she's selfish and uncontrollable, Ichigo because he's clueless and lacking conviction ( and if I know anything about Ichigo, it's that he has conviction), and everyone else because in this story, they are literally ALL hypocrites!
Elise chapter 29 . 3/23/2014
Amazing story!
ladydanni chapter 5 . 2/10/2014
"Don't cry. "
If it's not broken then it's at least wounded.
McDirt chapter 29 . 11/19/2013
Isn't it crazy to have a story still being read after a few of publishing it? I think it is. I had forgotten that I followed this story and just recently got back into it. I loved it so much and it reads almost like a novella. Thank you for writing this and loved it so much!
Galaxia chapter 29 . 8/18/2013
I saw this posted on AO3, and followed the note from there to here to leave a review. Even though this work has long since been completed, I know a lot of authors like to know that an old piece is still being read.

I will freely admit, I hated the first few chapters right off the bat. Rukia is my favorite character in Bleach, so when I saw 'Rukia abusing Ichigo' pop up, I thought it was yet another fanfic where character assassination is used so a writer can shoehorn their pairing in. I promptly closed the window and didn't continue further. When I was thinking over the fanfic a few days later, it occurred to me that "Of Violence" was actually a fairly well written piece, possibly worth another look. I decided to skip to the end and read backwards, a method I've found useful for quickly figuring out if an author has a coherent plan for the story.

Imagine my surprise at seeing the last chapter, Byakuya and Ichigo together (expected) finding Rukia's reincarnation (wait what?) and expressing guarded hope that she is happier in this life (not expected). Intrigued, I flipped backwards through the chapters to read over some previous Ichigo/Rukia interactions, to see how this came to be. Instead of the character derailment I thought would happen, it was a tragic dissolution of two people who had once been love with each other losing that relationship due to unspoken anger, insecurities, assumptions and lack of support. It struck home in many ways, as I have seen it played out from my own personal experience.

I read some of the other reviews for this fanfic; wow did some people completely miss the mark! You made sure to emphasize that everyone involved had a part in the mess - Ichigo for not understanding Rukia's isolation, Byakuya for not realizing his own feelings, Rukia with her insecurities and frustrations, everyone else with a lack of support. It's not solely anybody's fault, which is something both Ichigo and Byakuya acknowledge. Love is a complicated thing, and family relationship more so when there are children involved. You did not stint on showing this, which is why this is such an excellent fic.
asdm chapter 29 . 5/12/2013
Hi, I realize this is years old now, but I just spent the last few days reading this and wanted to leave a note to show my appreciation.

Well, that's a bit stiff! I loved it. At first I wasn't sure how well I'd like the concept, since I mean, it's Rukia! But I came to really appreciate how well you took the usual comedic violence and verbal abuse and turned it into something real and destructive. It was very believable, but especially with a character like Ichigo who really would be the kind to probably absorb it in stride and take the burden onto himself.

This was such a wonderful vision of their lives that even now I find myself reluctant to let go of. Byakuya's relationship with Ichigo, all of their (and Rukia's) children, the reincarnation of Rukia, and everyone else: I really enjoyed this vision of their lives.

Admittedly, I was not immediately sold on Rukia's death. That was probably the only one thing that didn't really sit well with me, since I don't think there was any way to avoid a certain amount of unfortunate implication with that-but I also understand that it was pretty much unavoidable, and it did feel natural. And I did come to appreciate how her death didn't take her out of the story, but instead seeded her even more deeply into it, and into my mind as a reader, as well.

And a little left-of-center and off-topic, but I also really liked the pairing variety. There's such a divide in so many fandoms where it seems like everything either needs to be gay or straight and never the twain shall meet-but it was nice to see a more open vision of sexuality and social norms in a story like this; especially being queer myself, it's just nice to come across stories where homophobia, "coming out", and all that junk is simply a non-issue.

So, thank you for writing and sharing this. It was such a wonderful read, and I have a feeling it will stick with me for a long time.
Neevey chapter 28 . 2/17/2013
Brilliant story! :-D I couldn't stop reading!
Springtome00 chapter 29 . 1/1/2013
i was waiting for sort of lemon. But it's okay cause i really liked it
ra7matigorti2 chapter 29 . 9/20/2012
great story i love the byakuya/ichigo couple this is just amazing !
ra7matigorti2 chapter 14 . 9/19/2012
his moments with byakuya are so sweet
ra7matigorti2 chapter 13 . 9/19/2012
well i think senbonzakura as a woman pretty surprising but in a good way :)