Reviews for Coming of Age
Lucida Bright chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Enjoyed this - would have liked more from you here. Not a diehard (sorry) HP fan but like the books and take real pleasure from Alan Rickman's screen version. Was very disappointed by JKR's ending for Snape - I had something very different in mind, but then I'm a sucker for transformational fiction.

Lonely Snape... bet there are quite a few of us who'd happily lighten his days.
Seabury chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I quite enjoyed this! It was wonderfully written and a precise knowledge of the character was evident. Because it was SO canon, I even cried a little just reminscing over the miserable, isolated life of Severus Snape.
Rachel Indeed chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
I just found this story, and I am very impressed. You write with elegant style, and you capture Snape's voice very convincingly. You explore the darker aspects of the character with sympathy, but remain clear-eyed. And you capture the sadness and emptiness of his life, the understated sense of tragedy that comes through so loudly in the books. And I enjoyed the way you used winter as a metaphor for his cold isolation. Very well done! Thanks for sharing this.
whitehound chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
Very well-written.
Ysidro chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
Great story.

I always thought that Snape would have figured out that that would be his last birthday.

I wonder if he ever had a mid-life crisis? This would be more like an end-of-life crisis.

Anyways, a great read.