Reviews for Purposes Mistook
Phx chapter 4 . 4/28/2008
'First person that sees Josh, yell boo...' Very funny and a very Dean thing to say. Man, I so hate the deal - it casts this huge depressing net over everything. Even worse than the previous year with a threat of Sam possibly turning evil.

It is a difficult situation and perfect backdrop to this story. I love that Dean is so intune to his brother even if I think Sam is behaving a bit like an ass - mentally anyway. I'll blame it on the concussion :P

Hm... Dr. Standish is not exactly, now is he? LOL!
Phx chapter 3 . 4/28/2008
'Desperate, sloppy, needy Dean' I find it hard to believe that Sam would ever think of his brother as being pathetic. I'm a Sam girl and I can't say I was too fond of Sam just then... even if Sam is angry that is harsh.

However I did like the rest of his thoughts and the rest of the chapter, especially loved Dean's outrage at the idea that no one stayed dead, when they should have.

Now what does Joshua want with Sam...
Naed chapter 6 . 4/28/2008
Enjoyable as always! :) - So you go mucking in after the season finale, and fix the things that Kripke left for us... Thank you! :)
Phx chapter 2 . 4/28/2008
Ouch, what a blow. Poor Sam. It was an accident but still, and the timing of it - so soon after Madison's death, right after killing another werewolf and with Dean's deal impending in the near future. Wah - poor Sasquatch!

Bang up job you're doing there, Dean :P - you're not exactly hitting home runs in the protecting Sam from anything area on this hunt, although you gotta love that Dean's heart is in the right place, everything else just ain't, lol!

Loved the underlying tension and anger from Sam over Dean's deal and how neatly it wormed its way through with the conversation between Sam and Joshua. I know some people give Sam grief for that but I so understand him and he has every right to be angry. And I loved Dean recognizing his brother's pain and trying to stop things before they went any further.

I loved how angry Dean is at the poor dead guy and chuckled when he had to resist kicking the corpse.

Loved the banter and buildup -

Now on to the next chapter, lol!
Phx chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Holy cow, is that guy nuts or something? What he was just sitting at his cubicle, sees his co-worker get shot and decides to join the club? Silly sod!

A sucker for hurtinSammy, I love that Sam is working through a concussion. Typical Winchester (shakes head with fond grin), mind you that might throw him off his game a bit. Although his aim and reflexes seem fine this night. Guess it goes to show, even a concussion can't keep a good man down, lol!

Ooh but a werewolf, and that soon after Madison - cruel but lovely hunt. And I love Dean's concern about his brother and this hunt and him wanting to spare Sam by hoping he'd take the killing shot. Well, Dean, you're luck ain't with this time.

I'm off to read the second chapter now.
lili20 chapter 6 . 4/28/2008
As usual I enjoyed your story very much, thanks. I know Kripke won't let anything happen to Dean... I hope.
inzane73 chapter 6 . 4/28/2008
'“You know what they say.” Sam grinned weakly. “The three basic needs. Food, firearms and shelter.”

“Sick puppy.” Dean felt an answering grin spread across his face. “You are turning into me.”

Sam snorted and then grimaced as his head objected. “I haven’t starting naming the guns yet, at least.”' Was it that part? Because I LOVED that part. Awesome!

Aw, Dean's worried about Marigold. *sniff* I think Marigold's become as much a character for me as the Impala. Was it the part about Marigold?

'“You’re the Darth Vader of the Evil Demon Empire. Go order it to smite itself.”' God, I love Dean. Was that it?

You know, I don't think I like being on this side of the figure-out-what-part-it-was game. LOL!

Cool fake-out ending, by the way. For a minute, I thought you were going to do a cliffhanger ending or something.

K Hanna Korossy chapter 6 . 4/28/2008
Clever re the gas leak. And "smite themselves"? A definite smile. But the line that makes this chapter is, "Dude, we suck at this job." : Sweet and sappy at once. Dean maybe ruminated a little more obviously than he needed to, but you made some good points. Congratulations!
PADavis chapter 6 . 4/28/2008
Hey, you snuck in chap 6 before I could review chap 5. I could swear we have a few more weeks of depressing, angsty episodes before Dean drops dead for the season cliff hanger. ARGH. Who knows, maybe they'll find another cliff hanger like Sam anti-christ but dang, I'll be a nervous wreck until S4.

I love Marigold, Demon taking a potty break brilliant, go order it to smite itself was a delight. I loved the story from start to finish.

inzane73 chapter 5 . 4/28/2008
Any chapter that has flying Winchesters always makes me happy. :)

I was hoping that Sam would get some closure on his issue with Joshua. The poor boy could use a break. And it was so appropriate for Sam to immediately forgive the transgression. It always seemed to me like Sam is so much easier to hurt, yet so more willing to forgive.

WindSpirit79 chapter 6 . 4/28/2008
I agree. Ghost logic is crazy. But aw. Loved the bro moments. The end was too cute. You go. No you go. Do Demons go potty? Hahaha. And it was as simple as a gas leak. Go figure. Great finish!
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 6 . 4/28/2008
Loved it. What a wonderful ending! The part about Marigold (that wasn't really about Marigold) was just...oh...just so touching. And that last little bit, where Dean says, “It’s busy peeing itself in fear? It’s in the right place.” I actually snorted when I read that. LOL LOL

Definitely looking forward to more of your work (after the finale).
TraSan chapter 6 . 4/28/2008

This scene was an awesome brotherly moment:

"But Marigold wasn’t what this was really about.

“Dean, you’re not-”

Dean cut him off, his gaze locked with Sam’s over the shotgun. “She gets left by herself, no one to take care of her, I don’t know what might happen.” Sam swallowed heavily, understanding dawning that they weren’t really talking about a gun. “She’s special and I don’t want her fallin’ apart just cause I’m not there to see to her. She’s got a lot of life in her yet and work to do.”

“Promise me, Sammy.” It was a demand, his tone all steel.

“Yeah,” Sam finally managed. “Yeah.”

Dean grinned, his eyes finally releasing his brother. “And take her to a movie every once in a while. She likes chick flicks, so you guys should get along great. Nothing smutty though, she gets embarrassed.”

Sam let out a bark of laughter that was too close to a sob for comfort. “Will do.”"

Sniffle-inducing, but awesome!

Great story, girl.
Cookie6 chapter 5 . 4/28/2008
A remorseful ghost! Too good - Sam really needed that apology and affirmation that he is on the right side. Loved the Dean snark, this one in particlular "I’ve had no sleep and I’m in no mood". This one "The dead guy needs to talk to you” had me grinning, can so hear Dean's voice saying that. Poor Sam, another head knock, on top of all that grief and guilt. What's not to love about Dean fretting over a hurt Sam? "Sam’s face… Crap." Love that you have Dean so atuned to Sam.

and gotta say. that image of the finger poking out the body bag from the inside was downright creepy! But serious hunt aside, you had me giggling with Sam's "He possessed...himself."

Great chappie, looking forward to your wrap up.
pandora jazz chapter 5 . 4/27/2008
Loved the picture you created. Dean, cranky and tired in a standoff with a ghost and Sam trying to explain in his calm voice to Joshua's wife, yes you are seeing a ghost.

Dean may have misunderstood Will and Trudy, but I thought they were having an affair too. So another nice twist.

Very creepy as Josh unzipped the body bag and sat up. Trudy did an amazing job of talking to her dead husband without screaming.

Loved Dean as he worried about Sam. Poor Sam is going to have one heck of a headache.

Thanks for having Joshua tell Sam he was sorry for making Sam kill him.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Take care.