Reviews for Legacy
Futura Black chapter 18 . 9/22/2011
best-fic-ever!
Sascha Vykos chapter 18 . 4/2/2011
Dear Wordslinger,

Your story brought closure, of a sorts, to my favorite childhood cartoon! It's brilliance and complexity is worthy of professional recognition, but I hope mine counts! This cartoon holds a particular nostalgia for me, and I have obsessed over it since its original run in the early eighties! For you to have brought it to an acceptable conclusion has done something magical to my heart, so much so that I had to have my wife read it with me (she, also, is a lifelong fan). We both agree that you have captured the essence of this show's magic, and we are grateful to you for your dedication and love for the Realm! You brought us to tears! Lady, I feel as if my life has been completed by your story. Thank you, dear, thank you.
Fist Finder chapter 18 . 7/19/2010
So sorry for the double post

and all but I just noticed

something real amusing.

The main villain the so

called nameless one etc

reminds me a lot of Lord

Voldermot or what ever

Ayesha but maybe I

might be feeling a bit

biased over here since

that is my mothers name

as well as my cousins :)

So I am honored that you

mentioned them. :)
Fist Finder chapter 18 . 7/19/2010
Can I add a Comment or two

if you don't mind that is.

First of all I want to say

that I am real sorry that it

took me this long to review

your story. But the truth is

that sadly it was only today

that I managed to finish

it.

Yes I had found it a few YEARS

earlier but due to some reason

or the other I could never find

time to read all of it.

But yesterday I said to myself

enough is enough you don't like

to leave things unfinished so

I sat down and read the entire

story from where I had left of last

time though I guess I should have

started from the start to refresh

my mind of what I may have forgotten

but I felt that if I did that then

chances were that I would never

get to complete this great story.

Congratulations on that. It is is

a good thing though that there are

not a lot of D & D stories on this

site so I could find your story

pretty easily. Am looking forward

to more of your work.

My second point is in regards to your

work. Let me make myself clear on

something Even though as a kid I always

loved the show I never got to see all of

it just a couple of episodes here and

there so some things would have been new

to me and unexpected yet I liked the

surprises. Another thing you should know

about me is that I clearly don't like

change so I like what is considered

cannon and anything else I feel uncomfortable

it is possible that this is due to that

since I was a Kid I always wanted to

work in the comic industry and for that you

need to be aware of a whole bunch of back story

and history of the characters and all that

and you cant change that so you can clearly

understand that when I started reading your

story and discovered that not only did the

kids not only come home but they now had been

married and had kids etc.

I said to myself here we go again another

story with so and so pairings etc and look

we got some kids in this new story that are

related to the main characters. Bet you know

what to expect. But to my surprise and

astonishment when I decided to give your

story a chance which you deserved. I actually

enjoyed myself throughly.

Yes there were parts of the story that I already

predicted what was going to happen but then

again I can't really fault you for that as there

are only a limited ideas that are there and

we just use and reuse them differently. Its like

having a gift and opening and repacking it with a

different wrapping paper again and again.

For instance when the original DM came to the

rescue I knew instantly that was him before he

was even revealed. As for Clarice the moment

she started talking cryptically near the end

I figured out who she was but then again I can

only assume that was your intention all along

since I know for a fact that I am not the

smartest guy on the block :)

anyhow all that I can say is keep up the good

work and if you decide to do anymore

cool stories even if it includes your new characters

please do inform me as I will clearly

enjoy reading about them.

If you have anything to add please do

inform me as soon as you can

I am not that hard to contact
Redneck Badger Lord Drizzt chapter 18 . 9/26/2008
Any chance of a sequel, or at least a continuation?
Knites chapter 18 . 7/26/2008
Well, I read the whole thing. and while I wish a little more of the "gushy stuff" could have been a little higher than PG-13, I was very satisfied with this story. I loved the Cavalier/Squire Father/Son twist. I was really happy with the Diana/Eric resolution. The Dungeon Master Nanny thing seemed a bit weak for motivation on the DM's part, but was cute nonetheless. I would have liked a little more Hank/Shelia, but this was really more and Eric/Diana Bobby/Terri story, so that can be forgiven. Also, a big momnet for Presto was missing. It would have been nice to see Varla support him and see him pull something really useful out of that hat of his. The mirror was good, but there could have been better. Alot of Bobby in this fic. Usually, I'm not a big Bobby fan but you really turned me around.

The thihg that was absolutlely flawless in your story was the characterization. It was perfect-particularly Eric's. You really have a strong sense of how these charaters are, no doubt about it.

I'd like to thank you for the hours of pleasure this story provided me. It was great to be back in the realm. I intend to keep this story around and, when the time comes for my son to watch all the episodes of D&D on DVD, including the voiced Requiem, I will let him read this story as the finish to it all. So, then, I guess, upon reflection, the PG-13 thing isn't all that bad. :-)

All the best to you and in your future works.
HopelessxRomanticx1993 chapter 2 . 12/16/2007
*shocked silence* WHAT? You're kidding! Venger? DUNGEON MASTER? Talk about a nasty shock for Bobby! Ouch... Hopeless out.
Lady Zoraida chapter 12 . 5/31/2007
I'm sure my beloved Venger could eat those three "evil ones" for breakfast!.And I don't imagine Shadow Demon being so cheeky with Venger..He would have burnt him alive!
Lady Zoraida chapter 7 . 5/31/2007
Those stupid things are nothing Allan Poe's tales are REALLY romantic
Lady Zoraida chapter 3 . 5/29/2007
That's fine,but I don't like Venger being good (I've always love him,I mean it).Besides, an unicorn is not a proper steed for him and less the unbearable Uni
lisa316 chapter 12 . 4/30/2007
I also mentioned this when I took your poll over at LiveJournal, but I really admired the way you were able to write Uni is a way that wasn’t annoying. You were actually able to write her as an *interesting* character. Thank you so much for not having her bleating all the time!

This was absolutely the best “Return to the Realm” story I’ve come across. The interaction between the characters and their children was so fitting. Original characters are challenging in fanfic, but yours were so extremely well developed. I think the best part of the story for me was the father/son dynamic between Eric and John. You dealt with that plot point in so many subtle and effective ways: the rescues, the self-sacrifice, the matching costumes and weapons, the sword that can only be used when they’re together (and I agree, it was nice to see Eric get a sword to go with the shield, however briefly)John learning how much his father really cares and Eric finally realizing what his son needs from him most of all. The relationship felt so real and tied in nicely with the overall plot.

Again, thanks for writing such a wonderful story.
lisa316 chapter 9 . 4/30/2007
The orcs still haven’t changed the password? Hmm. Well, I guess you’re right: they weren’t known for their intelligence…

The part where John is trapped and thinking he’s going to die is just so sweet and sad and well-written, imagine me staring at my monitor with my mouth hanging open. Then the part where Eric shows up and saves him is so wonderful, imagine me jumping up and down with excitement. Then when I think it can’t get any better, Diana rushes in and they’re both willing to sacrifice themselves for the other, so now imagine me biting my lip and quivering in my chair…Wow, I’m exhausted now. Let’s just sum up by saying that was the best sequence EVER!
lisa316 chapter 8 . 4/30/2007
His blue eyes burned with a harsh fire as he stared down the shaft of his weapon to the back of his struggling enemy, before raising them to face the thunderstruck Paladin.". . . Daddy? . . . ," Ayesha breathed, barely above a whisper, before screaming, "DADDY!" I absolutely LOVE the way you write Hank rushing to the rescue with arrows blazing. Just like the cartoon; the perfect hero! The fact that he’s rushing to his daughter’s rescue just makes it sweeter.

I adore the banter between Eric and Diana; those two interact so well together, and I love seeing that mirrored between John and Toby. Talk about inherited tendencies! (and lol at the ‘Barney Collection’ joke…)
lisa316 chapter 5 . 4/30/2007
Varla wrapped her arms tighter around John to hold on as Uni eased down a rocky slope. "He's afraid of his father leaving him like his mother did," she said as though in a trance.

John stiffened, horrified. He looked down, to where Varla's hands were wrapped around his torso, and saw her magic wand glowing. He wriggled to get free of her grasp as he spun around to face her. "Get the heck out of my head!" he wailed. "You were freaky back home, but never this freaky!" – This is actually one of my favorite scenes so far. It’s so easy to imagine John feeling exposed when his fears are said aloud and reacting this way. Somehow the fact that he saves her right after he lashes back makes it even more poignant.
lisa316 chapter 4 . 4/30/2007
Eric nodded his head in understanding. Then, without another word, he let loose a balled fist and struck Venger across the jaw with as much force as he could muster. – YEA! This was just brilliant! I wasn’t expecting that at all, but at the same time, it I was just waiting for it, if that makes sense…His anger was such an appropriate reaction.