Reviews for The Wager
fullmetalvoice chapter 22 . 2/15/2014
Read your entire story today. I loved it! It's really hard to find good Storm Hawks fanfics like this one. Really enjoyed myself reading this. Good job!
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 22 . 1/7/2014
Still not the ending I was looking for, still I have to commend your writing skills to be able to churn out three different endings to this story. I really enjoyed the story it was a good blend of funny angst and passive-aggressive humour.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 21 . 1/7/2014
Ehh didn't know this was going to be an alternative ending, but I still don't like romance so I'm holding out the hope that the last chapter will fix things. Still well written and enjoyable to read, if not to my tastes.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 20 . 1/7/2014
NOPE. Too perfect. I don't like. Ugh. I seriously thought they were going to take down the wager once and for all, but not like this! I don't know, it just seems so unlike them to be doing this, or maybe it's just because I never wanted them to do it in the first place. I'm not saying this wasn't a good chapter, because it was and it was well written too, but I just don't like romance and Aerrow x Piper sooo it's not a fault on your part, it's just me being picky. Hopefully the next chapter will bring this into perspective.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 19 . 1/7/2014
Oh Stork, I feel like he's so neglected in this story...well not as neglected as Junko or Radarr, but still, it sucks because he only knew half the story. I'm excited to read how this plays out and I do want Piper to accidentally let it slip to Aerrow...hopefully that happens...
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 18 . 1/7/2014
You know, I realised in the middle of the chapter, while I was thinking about the unfairness of it all, that I should have seen it coming. I really should have. Aerrow didn't join the bet out of pride or ego, he genuinely liked her, but I completely disregarded the in character OOC. I see, clever. I still hate Piper though (at least because she's trying to mess with them instead of solving the thing). As for the splinters, I thought she would have gotten that cut that was pricking her checked out, still awkwardly cute.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 17 . 1/7/2014
Ugh, I am so fed up with Piper at the moment. I swear if I were the one writing this, I'd have her mess up, break the team permanently (with Aerrow being super formal and withdrawn, Finn also being withdrawn and shutting himself in his room all the time, Radarr being angry at her for hurting Aerrow, Stork being relieved in general, and having Junko as the only one who didn't have some sort of strife with her) after she gets busted. Hopefully, my frustration will be vented out. I don't want Aerrow to lose, but I don't want him to win either, same with Finn, I don't want him to win or lose. It's just that Piper's actions are really irritating now- which is good because that means the story is really well written.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 16 . 1/7/2014
Oh Piper, you- you- *proceeds to vent in colourful vocabulary* No, Aerrow does not deserve this! Nope! Nope! Nope! I think Aerrow's adorably confused and suitably horrified here.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 15 . 1/6/2014
The entries! Didn't expect in character Aerrow to write anything but the barest and most important details, but this is mildly-love-crazed-slightly-jealous-competing-with-Finn-for-Piper Aerrow, so I guess it's in character for the context. As for Piper's plans...no! Piper! Aerrow is innocent! He liked you even before the wager! But he was duty-bound to keep it from you! It was Finn's fault! But don't hurt him either! He lacks judgement! Noo! And now that I've spewed that out, great chapter, it really satisfied the reader.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 14 . 1/6/2014
This was kind of a filler chapter to me- not saying that it wasn't well written, but I didn't feel like much happened. I do like that you give us a general summary as to how each of the members is doing and the militarian thing again and the spiel about Aerrow's penmanship...oh and Finn's too, especially in relation to the squadron log...not really much left to say. I do like the tension within Piper between her curiosity and the violation of privacy. Now I'm excited to see exactly what Aerrow wrote.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 13 . 1/6/2014
So this chapter was a mix between me being frustrated with Piper and having a fit saying, "open it! Just read it! Open the fucking book fucker!" And me being a general fangirl over Aerrow as you have once again struck that chord within me that makes me love militarian characters and the military itself (I blame cadets, which I loved) overall I love this chapter.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 12 . 1/6/2014
Really great! Up until the point they both profess their love for Piper. Goodness I hate love triangle stories, but this isn't the average fanfic, so I'll wait and see...I love the angst though, I especially love angsty Aerrow. Best.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 11 . 1/6/2014
Mildly out of character but appropriate for the situation. I don't like where this is going, mostly because I dislike shipping Aerrow and Piper together, but I can't bear the thought of Finn winning- not because I don't like him, but because Aerrow has so much more at stake! It would be devastating for him to lose, but I also think that neither will win and they both get a reprimand from Piper. We'll see.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 10 . 1/6/2014
I think this chapter was hilariously sweet and strange at the same time. I'm beginning to wonder how Aerrow got himself in this situation in the first place- which proves his disinclination to tell Piper what's going on. I think it's just me and the whole stoic militarian badass who broods tastefully thing, but I really liked that one part about hin respecting that spartanness of her room. The really dorky yet epic fight scene (if it can be called that) in the kitchen was adorably in character for him too. He can be incredibly smooth even in canon and I love his usual snarky, sarcastic humour, but I think dorky humour is one of those things he has a way with when he tries. Nice chapter.
Error 404 - Talent Not Found chapter 9 . 1/6/2014
Hmm that last part...Aerrow's out of character. The rest of the chapter was okay, but I think that Aerrow would have told Piper about it if it really got to the point where he thought Finn would hurt her (pfsh, screw ego, he's got friends to protect!). But again, for the purposes of the story/chapter, fine. Not entirely happy about that part, but at least Finn's intentional OOC was in character and it was amusing too.