Reviews for You Could be Anyone
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 2 . 2/28/2012
Well done.
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
nice...your writing is terrific. for better or worse, as well as your writing is I still Hate Cuddy and Wilson...you have written them as well as D. Shore has. Hope this one is a complete.
kristendotcom chapter 2 . 1/16/2009
Aw man I was hoping this would go on for more that two chapters :(. Anyways this is amazing, I love the parts that gave glimpses into their relantionship, it was so amusing and interesting and exactly how House in love should be. Great job!
TrapperII chapter 2 . 10/15/2008
I can’t say enough about this chapter, which means, in all fairness, that I should write a long and detailed review. Loved the account of House’s initial interview of Cameron. I’m sure there are a ton of stories I still haven’t read, but this is the first account of the interview that I’ve come across. Loved this: “You love how he delivers a line, the nuances and the way he bites off the last word.” I love when he consults his magic 8-ball during the interview and the description of his fingers toying with the tennis ball. The whole scene is perfect: it’s completely believable and conveys a sense of intimacy and electricity. The monster truck scene with his tongue practically in her ear: nice. Your descriptions in that scene are so rich without being overdone. You create a nice balance between detail and spare description. Their pool hall escapade is so fun that it amazes me that they wouldn’t have gotten together immediately after it. The birthday celebration was beautifully done: the kitchen kiss was exquisite, and I loved the sparklers (“With the tip of the sparkler, he burns your name into the black velvet of the night. The yellow memory lingers as you close your eyes, your name suspended on the insides of your lids.”). You also used the perfect word to describe how House would be once he had you: possessiveness. Incidentally, your taste in music is excellent: Ryan Adams and I think I remember a Wilco allusion in another story. Good choices. Are you going to be writing anything else any time soon? I need good stories to read; there’s so much drivel out there.
TrapperII chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
This is an incredibly well-written chapter. I love how you put us squarely in House’s perspective by using all of the rock-and-roll associations that he probably has running through his head at all times. I also love the short flashback of how he and Cameron started dating. It was spare but perfect. Your description of Wilson is also perfect: “He’s a handsome, slender man with a sensitive, boyish face and eyes like melted chocolate.”
Lucifer-the-great-undead chapter 2 . 10/11/2008
I think this is a good ending place. I like the combination of past and present. The story flowed togther well.
No One Reads Bad Fanfics chapter 2 . 9/1/2008
That was cool. Made me pause my House though, so, I knew it would be.

XOXO, SoNotEmo
Kyrene once Blood Roses chapter 2 . 5/17/2008
Just read this on your livejournal, figure I'll review here (future reference, do tell if you prefer reviews here or on livejournal). Can't say I would've minded if this ended up being the 3 part...I just wanted him to remember! But I know what you mean that this is a good ending...I just wanted him to remember! You're such an amazing writer. And yes, using "you" worked out perfectly. I love using it like that and you're the type of writer whose just made to do it. Awesome work!
PiedPepper chapter 2 . 5/14/2008
"Jimi Hendrix, Richard Thompson, Terry Kath. Those are the guitar gods you want on your shirt.”

You better add Nils Lofgren to that short list! Kick ass guitar player. Great solo stuff, but truly amazing with Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band. And if you don't know what I'm talking about then shame on you because the Boss is amazing!

Thus ends my little pimp for Springsteen, not that he needs any help. :)

Loved this, just yet another brilliant piece of work from you. I like where you ended it. It's more realistic this way, not something like they kiss and it all comes flooding back. Starting over is a gift for one person, but a curse for another. I think you really showed that with how you split the perspective between House and Cameron and then past and present. He lost his memories, but she has it worse.

... not saying that I would say no to another chapter if it was on the menue, but really this was a great place to end.
GunShotResidue chapter 2 . 5/13/2008
that was one hell of a great ending! I loved the last line... it was awesome! really! congrats!
GunMeDownH chapter 2 . 5/13/2008
want more
Limaccia chapter 2 . 5/13/2008
Well, I wasn’t expecting your story to end so soon; that’s always somewhat disappointing because you’re so wonderful. So wonderful, one can never do you justice in a review. But here’s several points I noticed the most:

I like that you’ve got House drinking bourbon like he said he was in the South Pole episode (tho typo, it’s “Maker’s Mark”) I still prefer my Dad’s “Kentucky Gentleman” (although House mentioned Scotch in the latest episode, didn’t he? But then I really hated that episode, so I’m sticking with House as a bourbon drinker.)

Great images:

"You love how he delivers a line, the nuances and the way he bites off the last word."

Great dialogue:

"Oh, no. My life is great. I can't even give you a piggyback ride."

"That something you aspire to?"

"Your legs wrapped around me always sounds good," he says candidly, with an offhand shrug.

"That can be arranged, as soon as we date, and for that, the ball's in your court."

AND:

"Mind if I get drunk?"

"Be my guest. Your house, your poison. But, alcohol affects performance, and you never know. Sometimes I'm easy. Happens when you least expect it."

AND:

You rotate her patella. “That hurt?”

“Oh no. Feels like foreplay,” she says flippantly.

“Careful. I can’t remember the last time I got some and here I am with a view of your naked knee. Who knows what this could lead to?”

AND last but not least:

Maybe you already had. But that was the advantage to this amnesia business. You’d get to see it for the first time.
NogaMD chapter 2 . 5/13/2008
great story, you wrote amazing.

great chapter and really good place to end this.

but it can't hurt to get a epilogue :P