Reviews for Charlie's Return
PhoenixFireFourteen chapter 9 . 12/17/2012
gr8 story - made me cry a few times!
Me chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I've got tears in my eyes.
isabelincoln chapter 9 . 7/28/2011
I absolutely love your post war stories. They're full of so much emotion, and advice on any life lesson and your writing style is killlerrrr. Anyway, amazing work with this!
Onyx.Eyes.55 chapter 9 . 9/4/2010
it's a great awsm but sad story and i cried my eyes out. I loved it, it's been the first story in a while which really gave me the feeling i was there.
ncis-lady chapter 9 . 7/28/2009
“Charlie, yeh know as well as I do that we can’t plan our lives. None of us would have ever planned fer things to be the way they are now, withou' - withou' Fred an' all... but we can’t change it. Sometimes we jus’ have to change our lives instead.”

So true! What a wonderful little speech of Hagrid. I'm not sure if I ever started reading WFH but be sure I will start soon (though not tonight I guess, it's almost midnight here).

I enjoyed this story a lot, well done!
ncis-lady chapter 8 . 7/28/2009
Oh no I can't believe he left her! That made me so sad! Although it is, in some way, understandable. Wonder how this will end?
ncis-lady chapter 7 . 7/28/2009
Oh that was sad. Good byes are always sad, I know, but this one... uh, very hard. I liked the way you told it from Eleri's point of view (sort of), it showed just how well she knows Charlie now. I hope everything turns out right in the end...
ncis-lady chapter 6 . 7/28/2009
Ohh that photo... that made me really choked up as you can imagine. But the worst part (well, it's written perfectly but hard to read, oh you know how I mean it LOL) was when George was lying on Fred's bed... and again I could understand him for wanting the bed to smell like Fred. Don't we all miss that when we wish for someone to be there? x
ncis-lady chapter 5 . 7/28/2009
Loved the ending of this chapter!
ncis-lady chapter 4 . 7/28/2009
Aw that was a nice idea, to let her come over. It's just what Charlie needed and the fact that he brought her to Fred's grave shows it even more. Curious about what will happen next!
ncis-lady chapter 3 . 7/28/2009
There, you did it again! ;) I had tears in my eyes throughout most of the chapter, most of the funeral, but what really got to me was the line about Charlie seeing his dad cry. Because I know exactly how it feels, how hard it is to see your dad cry, be helpless, and it's the worst feeling ever. I've only seen my dad cry twice and it broke my heart. Wonderful chapter, once again.
ncis-lady chapter 2 . 7/28/2009
Loved Charlie's reflections, I always liked him and wish he had played a more important role in the books. Oh and next time I can't sleep, I'll try counting snitches, too LOL
ncis-lady chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
I can't believe I missed this story... I was sure I'd put you on author alert... well what can I say, I repeat myself again and again in the end when reviewing your stories, but there's one thing I have to say which was different. I can't tell you why, but while all of your stories made me cry, this one made made my heart ache. I mean, literally, it hurt, and I found my hands were shaking all of a sudden. Weird I know. Then again I know I am when it comes to Fred. It's been 3 years for god's sake and I'm still not really over it - the death of a fictional character! Wnder if there's a cure for that at St. Mungos? LOL Well I'll read the rest of the story now (or as far as I get) so speak later ;) PS I got a new story up, too, just a one-shot for now, gonna be a two-shot in the end, would be glad if you gave it a look! ;) x
Rita Arabella Black chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
I am going to read this story, then write my review when I'm done. I'm so impressed with the first chapter, I can't wait to read it.

Sincerely,

Rita
Dodger Gilmore chapter 9 . 1/9/2009
Okay, first off, I'm so sorry I'm behind with all your updates and my review replies and basically everything fanfiction-related. I've had a crazy Christmas and New Year's and well, I haven't had any time. I don't, really, now either, so if I don't get to your other story until tomorrow, I'm sorry in advance.

Anyway, I'm glad you gave this a chapter finishing it all off. It works perfectly (but if I didn't know what would happen in WFH, it'd totally crush my heart to know that they can't be togehter - now it just breaks a little anyway, because they are hurting now...). I love how you write Charlie and Hagrid's relationship. I do think Hagrid would be a great person for him to talk to. He's always been, for many people, and I really think he's so great because he doesn't ask too many questions, but he lets you speak if you want to. And that's definitely the way to get people like Charlie to open up, even if it takes time. I'm glad he did, eventually. That conversation was amazing. Hagrid was so very Hagrid, and he's right in everything he says about how life can't always be what you plan, and all that. I hate that Charlie couldn't be together with the love of his life because of Fred, but he had to be at the Burrow then. He just had to. Even if it of course hurts a lot that he has to give up his life anf d work and love too.

At least they would find their way back together someday. I can have comfort in that, even if he couldn't yet.

Great job, as always, with this entire story. It was amazing. And I promise you, it is not from lack of wanting to read your new story that it might take me a bit of time to get to it, but I don't want to rush through it. I hope you understand.