Reviews for A Final Goodbye
songstar13 chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Hm. I can't say I was really able to connect with Fudge through this piece. I'm not sure if that's just a failure on my part as a reader, though.

I've never really liked Fudge in the series, and though my opinion of him didn't really change after reading this story, I appreciated the glimpse into his life all the same. I will admit to having been confused about where exactly this fell in the timeline; until the very end, I thought perhaps this was happening just before he was to be removed from office.

Needless to say, I was therefore somewhat confused as to why Lucius Malfoy walked in. I did like how Lucius only told Fudge the truth about Clara's death, however; it demonstrated the complete confidence Lucius had that Fudge trusted him implicitly. The readers, of course, see the double meaning in his words immediately.

All in all, very well-written. :)

Song
Tikva chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
beautiful. made me cry, just so amazingly realistic

write more about fudge please
FirstYear chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
The opening lines set the tone and are VERY well done. I liked the entire piece and agree wholeheartedly with your note. We do tend to ignore the 'why' of peoples actions in fanfiction and this was a delightful insight into an otherwise disliked character.
controlled climb chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
This piece... it holds a really beautiful meaning. You've captured his emotions very well, and I'm pleased to say that Lucius was very much in character.

I think that this is really touching, and I did like reading it.

One nitpick: "This way, sir," said a Healer.

Healer doesn't need a capital in that context, I don't think :)

However, a well written piece that was very much worth reading _
Screaming Faeries chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Interesting Pairing. I never really thought of this one before, and I wasn't sure I would enjoy it, but I did :D Good work
bluestargem chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
You did a wonderful job expanding on Fudge and making him a more three dimensional and sympathetic character. It was very touching. Really well done. And you write very well too so great job! I really liked it.
ACCT REMOVED chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
I've never read a story about Fudge before. Never really thought about him as anything other than the idiot Minister of Magic that caused so many problems. But you really were able to shed a different light on him with your story and to quote Lord of the Rings it led me more to "pity than to scorn" Really a wonderful interpretation and the writing was exceptional as well. :)
KirijamaScion chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
fudge? married?
David Fishwick chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
Cool idea and I liked your take on Fudge and why he denied Voldemort had come back. Thanks for writing.
Fallingintonothing chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Great job TML! You are a very talented writer.

5 starts
aertkjhaertiu chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
Wow. Great story. You're totally right; he is an underappreciated character. I believe there may have been a 'words' missing from this bit: 'His wife, Clara, had left him a year ago today with not so much as a goodbye, just a simple note with three hastily scrawled on a pad of paper'

But apart from that teensy little thing (I'm sorry I nitpick) it was wonderfully done. The image of him at the desk was perfect, in my eyes.

Thank you for writing such an awesome story ]
NickyFox13 chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Great way on expanding on a lesser known character like Cornelius Fudge. It's nice to see a guy like him a three dimensional, likeable personality. You're a gifted writer and I enjoy your style. I know you may not be able to see this, but good luck in real life!
AnnaChase chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
Wow, is about all I can say! This is a very original story; there are hardly any fanfics about Fudge and it's great you took the big step to write one! It's often the less-known characters that have so much about them we could enjoy, if only we took the time to bring that out. You did, so congrats on that :).

You're also a very gifted writer, from what I've seen (I skimmed through several of your stories, will read more when I have time). You seem to actually understand the characters too instead of just wanting to have some fun with them, as unfortunately many writers on here do. I'm going to add you to my favourite authors :D. I hope to read more from you soon!
Megsy42 chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
This was really powerful, and really emotional. I love how you captured his grief throughout the story, from his office to the morgue. When it says he apparated, it should probably be disapparated because he's leaving the scene, but apart from that I couldn't find any mistakes in it. Thanks for a lovely read, and have fun during your hiatus, wherever you're going! ]
Tawny Owl chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
I can't believe you made me feel sorry for Fudge! I'm going to go and have a look at your profile as well now.

I did like it though, it gave me goose pimples, and was very sinister. I also like the way you made him more well rounded. Not just because of his wife, but they way he thinks of himself. The line about fear not cowardice stands out.