Reviews for Natural Progression
Ziggy Sternenstaub chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
A chilling little slice of AU saying more than a thousand page dissertation might about the power of apathy.
satta chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Good twist on the OC story; a good and untackled take on those numerous 'what ifs'. The ending line especially went straight through until my bones. I wonder, though, the woman could not be Leia, right? Because she was captured on Tantive IV. So, the woman in Luke's dream had to be - Mara?
Mathematica chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
After reading your kind and most awesome review to "Corrugated Skies", I felt that I had to return the favour ...

"Dreams, Luke supposes, are only nets, which pull in the flotsam and jetsam of waking hours and jumble them together."

I adore this line; actually, I adore the whole idea of the piece. Luke as a repressed mechanic? Fabulous. Marvy. however, you could have expanded this into a whole epic!fic, you know, where Leia - who I assume is the woman in his dreams - or Vader finally comes to reclaim him - or if he finally joined the Academy? Yes, that would have a lot of potential ...

"After turning the droid over, Luke had realized that R2, like Luke himself, had missed the HoloNetNews that day. "

So he ... gave R2 to the imps? WOAH. Damn, he certainly is a happy little citizen then, non? I love the idea of Obi-Wan dying, and about luke not knowing that he was a Jedi.

This is a completely fabulous story, I wish you would expand it.

Please? For me?

I mean, I'm expanding "Static" into a whole new long story - your review also helped a lot, and I've now reposted it, taking your suggestions into account.

May the Force be with you, mon amie -

-life on rewind
Ca va aller mieux chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
A story that sort of makes you think "huh".

This is probably the biggest "what-might-have-been" of the entire saga. I've never though to this before!
Sexy Scottish Accent chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
Hmm...*nods contemplatively* That's a very interesting take on things. I like it a lot. Luke seems like a totally different person.
scc1fan chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
Wow...I really liked that! Very descriptive. A job well done!

dm1 chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
I don't think those were hallucinations, Luke! That was your sister battling Darth Vader.

Interesting take on another path Luke could have taken. So he turned the droid in to the Imps, thus saving Beru and Lars... and Ben lived long enough to die of natural causes at an older age. At least Luke is doing something that he has a talent for, repairing speeders, and he has money left to get droids to help on the farm.

Well done!
Quillian chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Wow, simple fic... and yet something chilling about that at the same time, probably Luke's indifference to it all with the road not taken (also the road which should have been taken, you might say). Good work.