Reviews for Snowbird's Rubicon
Kat Wylder chapter 4 . 7/6/2008
"Henri Fromage"? Wow, I know precious little French but *that* is something I understand. Who does that guy think he's kidding? Ha ha.

Again, I enjoyed the personal interaction here both with the tankers and with Copeland. Good to see Sheila setting him straight.
Kat Wylder chapter 3 . 7/6/2008
That was quite an entertaining slice of the story to see all the new faces the Snowbirds are hiring on. Each one of them has a very interesting story.
Kat Wylder chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Well, holy crap, how did I miss this one? I thought it seemed like something was kinda odd when I started reading Snowbirds' Race...

Looks like I have more reading to do than I thought-not that that's a bad thing. ;)
Wolfman chapter 9 . 6/18/2008
Ahh, the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Good song.
MosinM38 chapter 9 . 6/17/2008
Another good chapter. Lol, I got a real blast out of that "Guns and religion" mention ;-) It is true, and although for differant reasons(And the same ones), not just soldiers.

A good look at some of the...um...internal emotions? of the Snowbirds leader, and battalion.

And I will say I;m not a huge one for speech's, but Shiela can belt them out ;-)
RougeBaron chapter 9 . 6/16/2008
He he, sorry, I was too caught up with my own, where a guy named Ben Donnelly started to make his footprint on IS-WoB struggle, way after what happened here at Sudeten.

I am totally with you about religion in a war. Sadly, there's not a lot of religion reference in BTech, probably because the authors didn't experience war firsthand (I didn't either, but some of my family did). When facing death, even the most stubborn atheist will turn religious. It's as human and as realistic as it can be.

I'm not trying to be an evangelist (swear to God!), but I speak from experience. My great grandfather was a Dutch pilot who was shot down and died in Japanese captivity during WW2. My grandma used to sing praises about his epic struggle, but as I grew older, I learned the gruesome truth. I knew he had his religion and hope during that time, otherwise it would be a living nightmare for him.

Anyway, I digress. I'll wait for this raid, especially how Senefa will handle the fight against her own kin.
Danforth Kensington chapter 9 . 6/16/2008
One can't help but recall the other song sung to the same tune...

"Gory, gory, what a hell of a way to die;

He ain't gonna jump no more..."
SulliMike23 chapter 9 . 6/15/2008
Nice speech. I can definitely tell things are going to come to a hit. But in the next few months ComStar is going to learn of the Clans' true goal, Terra. Then the fighting will go straight to Tukayyid.
Panzerfaust 150 chapter 8 . 6/9/2008
I have a feeling Max may be right about his dad. At the very least, Todd Canis deserves to go out like the tough old bird he is. I understand in canon a founding member of the GDL died on Sudeten holding the Falcons off from the dropships along with voulenteers from the militia. Perhaps Todd "crosses the dirt line"?

Also, liked your response, here's best wishes for the two. As for Mimi, I think it's more than not being a 'Mechwarrior. She strikes me as someone who lived hard. And now, she's a prisoner of her own body..I think part of her wishes Sheila had left her for dead on Rasalhague. I think I'd want her not just medically, but psychologically cleared. If she doesn't get to go with the Snowbirds, I could see her doing something unfortunate.

As for what's a spur ride...

en./wiki/Order_of_the_spur
MosinM38 chapter 8 . 6/9/2008
Good chapter.

Even though both (Sheila and Mimi) changed, if Mimi could overcome the difficulties of re-entering a mechs cockpit, at the very least be a cool friendship.

With work, Mimi could become a decent mechwarrior again...And if she is at all like many, she would rather roast in a cockpit, and die doing that than sit behind a desk her entire life.

Good to notice what happened with Max's father...Tod was only briefly touched upon, but I was always sortof wondering more about the man, who's actions,inactions, or misactions formed Sheila's husband. At least some makeup was done before the battle on Sudeten.

Leastways it will be interesting to see how the next chapter plays out.
FraserMage chapter 8 . 6/9/2008
Erm, Doesnt Sudeten fall to Clan Jade Falcon within the next few months?
RougeBaron chapter 7 . 6/7/2008
Yah, me like! Me like!

The best part is when Elfa came in out of nowhere. Is she been eavesdropping?

I'm happy for Maysa, for the first guy she get an old-fashion guy. At least we know he'll give her respect and take it slow.
MosinM38 chapter 7 . 6/7/2008
Good/touching chapter.

I got a kick of of Rhialla's outburst... If I was that guy I'd be afraid of getting my head ripped off (Although not the first body part probably). I feel for him. Although somewhat udnerstandable...Maysa never having ANY involvement with "boys", Marion probably just never even expected it.

The more I read about Maysa, she reminds me of a more timid and shy Kaylee from the TV series Firefly...Being a mechanic, somewhat sweet and innocent, and barely able to hurt a fly.

Good chapter, and looking forword to the next.
Panzerfaust 150 chapter 7 . 6/6/2008
Nice couple of chapters. I like getting to know the other members of the unit. Pollycutt is a brave man...if Marion was like this during the first date..I can only imagine the impending wedding...Something tells me the meeting of the families might get a bit awkward.

Also, I like Mayasa is taking it slow, it's realistic for her. She's not fully aware I think that people can die in the blink of an eye in combat and a lot of folks in uniform take the "eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die" world view, I think that will change once they both get back from Dolittle. But, I think Marion having a talk with Mayasa about that might be in order..she's going to war with being a parent (the only real one Mayasa's known) and being a fellow 'Mechwarrior who knows the score.
MosinM38 chapter 6 . 6/6/2008
Good chapter.

Goes to show that getting old is a B*h. And the circle of life...especially in mechwarrior circles. It is tougher to GET old, and when you are it is tough either letting go of it, accepting it..all-the-way around it is tougher.

All-in-all a good chapter, especially the last 1/2. The first half was a good chuckle as well ;)