Reviews for A Way Out
Caroliny Hotchner chapter 4 . 7/15/2020
Hi, how are you. I loved that story.
dianakotori chapter 4 . 4/30/2016
This is absolutely sad, but beautifully written... thank you. This is the first Aaron-centric story to go into my favourites. :)
prettymind2 chapter 4 . 3/26/2013
love it dude!
prettymind2 chapter 2 . 3/26/2013
okmg ! aweesome made me cry!
MrsCriminalMinds chapter 4 . 8/12/2012
I loved this story do much it wa amazing! :D
NaKoma P chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
good story, you did a great job handeling the subject in the story
Kimmeke chapter 4 . 3/26/2011
Great story!
spk chapter 4 . 12/27/2010
Great job handling such a difficult issue. :)
christyzachman chapter 2 . 5/30/2010
This story is quite interesting for a complete fiction. Hotch was not abused by his father. In Season one, there were times alluded to of him being abused but it was not his father. In Natural Born Killer, he answered no when asked if everyones old man teaches how to hit. He talked about his father in another episode and was saddened by the loss of a father to a growing boy. In all of the seasons, he has talked about his mother twice, once in the previous mentioned episode about his mother knowing that his father had affairs and then he mentioned where she went to school and where she is from. He has shown more empathy for normal women but not necessarily mothers are at the top of his list. He feels greatly for children but not so much for their mothers.

Just my thoughts.
ElmoSmelmo chapter 4 . 8/17/2009
Love the story its amazing and it explains alot about the way Hotch acts :D XX
xx Sweet Pea xx chapter 4 . 9/1/2008
What can I say? Another brilliant fic! I loved it! I loved the flashback bits, so sad, so heartbraking. Poor...poor Hotch!
Dani347 chapter 4 . 7/9/2008
Overall, a good story. And, a subject matter I'm surprised more people don't explore. I don't really picture Prentiss as a mother hen, though. I realize this is much more a character study than a case fic, but it's slightly surprising that they didn't consider the coach earlier. Still, it might have made the story shorter and not left room for exploring Hotch dealing with his memories.

A few things that really struck me as particularly well done. First, that you took the time to set up Hotch's reaction. It wasn't just a case with children, which was bad enough, but a case where the situation and even the house was so similar. It made it more believable. I also like that, even though the team could sense something was wrong and worried, most of Hotch's angst was done relatively in private. Having a big emotional break down in front of the team would have been highly out of character.

I especially loved the scene in chapter 2 (I think - sorry, I'm going from memory here) with Hotch and Morgan. Considering the circumstances, I think it was very in character for both of them. Hotch reluctantly opening up because Morgan pushed. It reminded me of the ending scene of Scared to Death. Hotch telling Morgan to keep it confidential and him turning away to hide tears (which I don't believe were out of character at all, when you consider the situation) also fit.
SR-71A chapter 4 . 7/1/2008
oh, good. AWESOME! :):):):):) plaese update soon? im curious!
m-affliction chapter 4 . 6/21/2008
Oh my god. Absolutely wonderful job. I loved it.

"All this despite his father and his abuse, despite all the pain and humiliation – and a D in biology - he had found a way out."

Best end line possible! AMAZING story. Favorite!
Sue1313 chapter 4 . 6/1/2008
Oh, this was so good. I am always a Reid person and often don't read some of the other stories but I am glad I read this one. It is so very well written. You can feel the hurt and the pain. But you can also feel the love he has for his team and his family.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »