Reviews for Coolness Factor
Flightfoot chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
That was pretty good. Usually, modern Yami is represented as being kind of cruel. In this, it was just a sense of justice.
YukinoKara chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I really like this story! I think that you wrote it very well, and I enjoyed reading it. :)

This is the first friendship fic which has kept my attention from beginning to end. I love how you kept everyone in-character, despite the changes to the original plot.

You did an amazing job with this!

YukinoKara
ForestGuardian311 chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Ooohh...Nice! Definitely love how you kept Yamino on par with Yami, and glad to know that Jounouchi still became friends with Yuugi in the end. I love how you can turn something that's canon into a semi-canon, but still make it so believable!

Great job!
softdreamer chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
liked it

good fic :)
DaAmazingMeepers chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
I did like it! I liked it a lot! Sequel?
yakiyuki5044 chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
that's little come from season 0 ep 1/just comic no. 1 ...

right?

{n.n}

i love this part in yugioh!

well done!
moonymonster chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
I read this on your lj, and seriously...such love for this story. Please tell me there are sequels! :D
Schmuzz chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
Hm, this was quite interesting. I liked the way you took a different take on the characters. It was cool to see them act more like they did in Season Zero... Also, to see it played out in another universe, that was definitely a good idea.

I have a few OC's and their main plot devices are to travel to other universes. It's funny to see them cross-reference anime, books and movies, so when you mentioned in the first few paragraphs that 'this wasn't that universe' I became a lot more interested in the story. So, kudos for you for getting me into this, Hook, line and Sinker!

I also remember reading this in the original manga, and even though you rewrote the situations a lot, it was still very awesome! So, you get a cookie! And keep up the good work! _

-TeamD out.
FlikFreak chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
I never thought I'd find a story so interesting as this one. Nice way to look at that little Ushio bit, I really enjoyed this! n.n

Also, Yamino being a Duel Monsters enthusiast with Yuugi is just awesome XD
nupinoop296 chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
:D That was cool!
MyAibou chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
This is really cool. Very in-character and a very true take on the canon even while being an AU. It's how it might've gone if you'd removed magic from the story. Well done!
Heterochromatin chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
I really enjoy your stories, and was very happy to see you update.

This story was great and provided the interesting prespective that usually isnt presented alot of other similar stories... that is, will Yami(no)'s character undergo any changes if he didnt have the shadow powers that he did.

The resolution to this one was pulled off well, and just as effectively. If you choose to continue this story, Im very interested to see how Yami(no) would resolve other conflicts presented in series one, especially those that depended heavily on his use of magic (Like the incident with Miss Chono and Honda's Puzzle).

Very good story all in all.

I enjoyed the detective Conan references as well, I does make sense that Yami(no) has a darker skin tone after all, He's from Osaka (which only has one O) just like Heiji Hattori. I wonder if his intelligence and logic rival that of Conan's leads. I had surmised that Beika (Baker) street would be more Victorian than punk, but it really had no set style in Conan either.

Perhaps Yuugi might take brief notice of a certain bespectacled young boy playing with his friends in the arcade if he visits the area again.
emeralddarkness chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
XD

Ok, that was basically awesome. Very, very spiffy AU fic - cool how you kept Yami the same, only without the shadow games. It's like a shadow game without BEING a shadow game!

Serioulsy, great fic. Cool blend, good characterization, interesting new way to spin things. Fun. Funfunfun.
FifthDayOfMay chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
I love you, I can't wait to read more! XD I can honestly say that i've never read anything like this before in my life! I swear to Ra that if you don't write more i'll never forgive you!
D-Watson chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
-insert dramatic pause-

I simply don't have the words to describe all the ways in which this story is clever, well-written, amusing, heartfelt and well-written all at once. It's definately one of the VERY few AU stories I enjoyed thoroughly and that managed to keep the characters perfectly in-character despite their entire world being turned upside down. And I love how you incorporated tidbits from the manga and the first anime. It's a damn shame the Yugioh fanfic archives are filled with everything other than friendship stories when that's the best and most appealing aspect of Yugioh.

Also, I was planning on writing a high school AU myself, but after reading this I realized there's nothing more to be said on the subject XD. So kudos for that.