Reviews for Giving Thanks
fwennie chapter 7 . 5/2/2008
That was totally amazing. You've left me stunned with that conversation between Sam and Toby. And Jean clinging onto Dean, just that little bit longer than she had Sam, absolute magic.

Very very well done.

zuimar chapter 7 . 5/2/2008
Oh man, that was so heartbreaking, loved it! Thank you for yet another great fic!
riquitv chapter 7 . 5/2/2008
no, it's over!, usually, even if i like the story, i'm glad when it's over, but this fic is different, i'm sad, :(, but, you know what?, i have hope, maybe after the season finale you can write another fic with toby a jean, we just have to wait to see what0s gonna happen with dean's deal and after that you can write another fic, right? please, porfis, thanks for the story :)
Rat chapter 7 . 5/2/2008
that was a lovely story. I'm so tired of angst and this was a nice break from it, just a chance for the boys to unwind and have some normal.
PADavis chapter 6 . 5/2/2008
Fun to read a less angsty 3rd season story - really, nice going and I'm not missing the whump at all. Glad you checked up on Thanksgiving, LOL, but I have to admit, I don't really know what waterproofs are. Jumpers are sweaters I think, so maybe a waterproof is a raincoat on this side of the pond. At least that's what I went with mentally.

Phoebe
pandora jazz chapter 6 . 5/2/2008
I figured the table must have looked impressive to stop Dean in his tracks, but Jean out did herself, especially if 'Dean was struggling by the time he finished' his meal.

I love how comfortable the brothers were with the family. I really liked how Dean just enjoyed watching Sam talk with everyone, yet also the moment Sam asked Dean if everything was alright.

I actually teared up when Dean held Lori, because of his memories of holding and raising Sam, and also because the way Sam watched his big brother, thinking of the children Dean could of had in the alternate reality.

Dean didn't go after Sam, played with Lori, 'all the while with half his attention still on the kitchen door.' That is big brother Dean.

Loved Nathan's talk with Sam.

The ending was so sweet, yet could see Dean just casually saying what a good Thanksgiving it was, for the last one. Sure ruin the mood for Sam.

I read a couple of other stories that I have been following but saved yours for last, (kinda like dessert) because I knew even if it was emotional at times, you'd make me smile.

Though did also help to have a new episode tonight. Unsure if you have seen it yet, so won't say anything. I really liked last weeks, once I got use to the camera's.

Thanks for the wonderful update.

Until next time, take care.
KatieLB chapter 6 . 5/1/2008
another great chapter! just love this family! you can have the boys go back for visit after visit after visit... ill read and review every word LOL... great job
funkyhigh chapter 6 . 5/1/2008
This is such a sweet fic! so sad though
alwaysateen chapter 6 . 5/1/2008
Great new chapter.

I'm just picturing Dean holding the little baby girl and it's so cute. :)

Sam, overwelmed by his feelings and Nathan seeing right through it, well almost.
Loves the Supernatural chapter 6 . 5/1/2008
Yay They had a great Thanksgiving.

I really dont know what to say it was so an awesome chapter

:D *HUGS*
ziggy.uk chapter 6 . 5/1/2008
Yet another brilliant chapter Michaela, just loved the family atmosphere you created at the laden table and they way you just couldn't tell that Sam and Dean weren't really related to Toby and Jean's family as the way they fitted into the family dynamic was perfect!

Poor Sam being overloaded with emotion when he saw Dean so relaxed with Lori and realised that Dean was so good with kids and might never get the family he so deserved!

Beautiful Nathan's little talk with Sam, making him realise he probably did so much for Dean in ways he never even thought of and that the brotherly protection thing was not just one sided!

Such an emotional ending

He was about to close his eyes when Dean's voice startled him.

“I'm glad we came.”

Sam looked over, seeing his brother was still facing the wall. The fact that he'd spoken was the only indication he was even awake.

“Me too.” he said truthfully, smiling to himself as he recalled the day's events.

“It was good to have a real Thanksgiving, for the last one.” said Dean softly and Sam's smile faded slightly.

“Sam?” Dean said after a few minutes, when Sam hadn't answered.

“Yeah. Goodnight then.” said Sam, not really wanting to continue the conversation now Dean had reminded him of his position on the whole thing once more.

Dean frowned a little in the darkness at Sam's tone of voice but didn't push it.

“Goodnight, Sammy.”

Sam felt his eyes sting slightly and closed them.

This wasn't going to be Dean's last Thanksgiving.

It just wasn't.

I'm with you and others in this matter, that they find a loophole for the deal and Sam does not turn evil and the end of this chapter gave me hope - it won't be Dean's last Thanksgiving!

Again you were so inside the boys heads you could be telepathic! Yet another fabulous update hon!
riquitv chapter 6 . 5/1/2008
oh, i'm so sad the day is over :(, it was a great chapter , thanks for the story :)
Nana56 chapter 6 . 5/1/2008
Nicely done! I really enjoyed this story! Meeting the other brothers and their kids and it was so sweet for Dean to hold little Lori. Beautiful.
fwennie chapter 6 . 5/1/2008
I feel like I've been put through all my emotions in the last 45 minutes it's taken me to read those last 3 chapters.

How did you manage that, one chapter I'm laughing, the next my eyes are stinging with tears...you really are Queen SuperG.

Thankyou.

fwennie chapter 5 . 5/1/2008
Absolutely priceless, literally had me laughing out loud at this part-

"So what did you do?"

"I carried on."

Fantastic dialogue in this story, 100 per cent believable.

95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »