Reviews for Giving Thanks
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
You are awesome!

Thank you for the wonderful gift.

I remembered the brothers had been invited for Thanksgiving and hoped you would write the visit, but I know you are busy and didn't want to bother you with the request. Yet, your right, I was also hoping the brothers would break the deal and have a celebration visit. Well, maybe you can write that story later.

So many wonderful lines as you did another excellent job with the brothers conversation -

"Hey, do you see me getting out and shooting the guy? This is me being restrained, Sam..."

'That got him a slightly wary look.' (could just picture Dean's face - Jensen has this look down)

'Dean looked at Sam and saw his brother was pulling out all of the stops, the patented starving orphan look in full swing. They were both too old for Dean to be manipulated by that look though.'

"Fine. Give Jean a call then." 'Oh yeah. Definitely didn't work anymore.' :)

I think I know the episodes to well. (LOL) I pictured Sam's face during the 'casual' conversation with Jean similiar to when he called Sarah in "Provendence".

I'm looking forward to your story. I really needed the smile, as winter does not want to leave, but at least it hasn't snowed since Monday, though the snow melts right away.

I have been trying to avoid spoilers, (as never sure if they are right anyway and really don't want to know) but fear Kripke has a frustrating season end for us. We can thank the show "Dallas" for inventing cliffhangers.

Did love that we had a new episode this evening.

Of course I'm looking forward to the next chapter, so I'll let you get back to writing.

Thanks again for sharing another story with us and letting the brothers (and us) visit with Toby and Jean.

Take care.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
lol Very good. I'm glad that Sam's little expression doesn't work on Dean anymore.

Great job, my dear!
supergirl3684 chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
HA! that was so great! I'm so super excited that you're doing another in this series! my fave line "Oh yeah. Definitely didn’t work anymore."

Dean really needs to have more faith his baby brother's faces!
mtuffy chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
I am so excited to see this series continue. I love each and every one of the stories with Jean and Toby I have read them all more than once. Can't wait until the next chapter. Keep up the great work!

Melissa
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
Great Michaela, you not only have started another story, a multi chapter one, but have included Jean and Toby in it, two of my fave ever OC's!

Perfect start as usual, could so imagine Dean's frustration at being stuck in traffic and having to shop for a new jacket for Sam as well! Spot on banter as always - you have definitiely got them hidden somewhere in your house! And just loved too how Dean couldn't resist the puppy dog eyes of his younger brother!

Dean looked at Sam and saw his brother was pulling out all the stops, the patented starving orphan look in full swing. They were both too old for Dean to be manipulated by that look though.

Way too old.

It hadn’t worked for years.

“Fine. Give Jean a call then.”

Oh yeah. Definitely didn’t work anymore.

Great that Jean was more than delighted to hear from Sam and that she had been calling Dean's old mobile number to try and get hold of them for a week! Can see why Dean is a little nervous at meeting their two sons, but if they are anything like their parents they will welcome them with open arms! Something tells me that Sam really needs to be with them at Thanksgiving, given that it could be Dean's last one if he can't break the deal and he really wants his brother to experience the kind of Thanksgiving they never got to have as children! He definitely gave quite an emotional response when talking to Jean!

So looking forward to the next chapter, what a great end to a Thursday night reading this as we have no Supernatural for the next few weeks!
95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7