Reviews for Losing
Starkiller chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
I have read a great many Fred and George post-DH poems. Normally they make me groan and roll my eyes, because they're a dime a dozen and tend to repeat themselves with overtly flowery language (which, let's face it, is most un-Weasley-ish), but I must say this is absolutely perfect. A most excellent introspective piece.
Gaby Black chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
I really liked this, especially the last stanza. Those were my favourite lines: 'Know I am a little less myself. Silence at my lips;

In clumsiness I’ve lost the words.'

Very nice poem.

- Gaby

PS: I'll miss you :( though you'll still be around, I'll miss your stories.
AllIWannaDo chapter 1 . 7/20/2008
Eh, I don't know if you need the help, but I'll review anyway ).

This is a very touching, well-written poem. The word choice is excellent, with each word carefully chosen to express a specific emotion; in other words, you've got some good "feeling" words, as well as some powerful sensory images. Perhaps you want an example? Okay: "Dementor drains at my reality." I think that may very well be my favorite line in this entire poem. I don't know, there's just something so haunting about it...

My only constructive criticism would be that I'm not sure that George would refer to Fred as "my dear," but then again, if I imagine him saying it in a joking way, kidding around with him as he often did, it works. So, in the end, I really don't have any criticism at all. I'm sorry. I really like this poem, and I think you did a fine job with it. Keep up the first-class work! Lots of love!
estrelita chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
WoW lexie that was amazing. I love it. You had so much imagery and the subject matter was very clear (at least to me it was).

Lita
Billie chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
Very pretty, I especially like the idea that the world seems like a stranger. Very sad too though, poor George!
Fleur JulizzeD chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
I thinks its really nice. It must have been terrible for George to lose Fred.
duj chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Excellent work, although I'm not quite sure about him calling his brother "my dear".
whitehound chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Wonderful. I don't think there's really anything *to* criticize.
Lola-LessThanThree chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
I really liked that. Your poetry is just as good as your stories are.
Espoir Noir chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
The first fan fiction poem I've read, so no idea how it compares with anything else, but I really liked it. It conveyed a lot of emotion very elegantly, and simply at the same time. A real tangible sadness about it.
Princess Gillybean chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
That was really beautiful. You captured the emotion really well.

-Gilly
mustardgirl1128 chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Oh, beautiful! SO sad! I love the emotions you can portray through poetry-I CANNOT do that! xD The end is so beautiful, so heartbreaking, and how "The world tastes/ like a stranger"; what a beautiful line! How everything has changed now...Amazing job! I LOVED it!
mackgirl chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
That was very well done. I think you've captured George's lost very well here.
MBP chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Oh goodness... so very sad. :( You've captured George's new reality so well in here. I'm not sure if he'd call Fred "my dear," but people do tend to become more formal in poetry, so I'd say it's allowable. ;) I loved it.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Lexie, this is just brilliant. I'm trying to pick out the lines I like best, but that would be the whole thing... I just love the sense of George's incompleteness in this. Beautiful.