Reviews for The Weight of Battle
TA Salmalin chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
The Wutai War was obviously awful for everyone, but some pretty amazing friendships were forged, too. Great story!
loveaustralia chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
It would take the ability to emotionally distance ones self to lead men into battle. But I think that the loss of life would still rest heavily on a young Sephiroth.

Tracyboo
NeSiQuis chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
This is lovely! Well-written fic about this trio's friendship is hard to find. Your characterisation is particularly on-point. I really liked this.
NatalkaPoltavka chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
Brilliant story, thank you very much!
EnglishPrincess chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
Excellent! Loved it! I can very well image these characters behaving and interacting exactly as you described here. From Genesis’ heightened emotions and eloquent speech, to Angeal’s calm analysis of the situation, you’ve really done a wonderful portraying these characters. I also love your portrayal of Sephiroth – he is indeed a very complex character hiding behind a cold façade.
sphinxofthenile chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
Simply beautiful, and I loved the ending, so gentle.
Neo-Nebula chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Aw, that was so good! I am so glad I decided to read it! I nearly cried when I read about that SOLDIER dying and how Genesis thought Seph was taking care of his hair, but was really tending to him. That was really great. This was very well written as well. I think you kept everyone in character, too. The LOVELESS part was great, as well. You rock my socks! The media really does glorify war. . .
Dark Seraphim chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
"While Genesis had always been very emotional"

HEE! So true. So very true. Fairly sensitive too, but that's how I see it.

That being said, I liked!
NoBuddy chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Heh, more like Genesis and 'docile' that don't exactly belong in the same sentence.

Dunno, Genesis seems too proud and stubborn himself to give up so easy in this argument, even if he's sorry. But that's just me.

Then again, him already jumping at Loveless and throwing quotes when they're still surrounded by coffins and wounded people sounds somehow careless on his part after that outburst earlier; no wonder Sephiroth humors him out of sheer politeness.

But that can be just me again.

The ending scene with them standing at sunrise and Genesis reading the poem sounds peaceful enough though, even with the rather worried Angeal sighing around the corner at a future stuffed with poetry. /chuckles/
Kazaam chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
I really love how this turned out!

The conversation between Genesis and Angeal was great! I love how you portray them. And I loved Angeal's insight about how Seph "feels things deep in his soul."

And man... the scene with the wounded SOLDIER was so heart-breaking! And even though Seph didn't say much, just that look in his eyes and the fact that his hair was all tangled really shows how much he cares and was affected by the SOLDIER's death.

And yay for the first quotes of Loveless! I'm amused that Genesis wrote his own ending. LOL. And now I'm so curious about what it is! ...Along with the rest of that book. XD

I love how everything turned out well in the end between Genesis and Seph. And having Genesis read Loveless to him as the sun rose really was the perfect ending.
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
So Genesis wrote LOVELESS fanfiction? :D

But oh my GOSH, that scene with the SOLDIER was just... oh, *ow*. So good and so emotional, in it's own way. That scene really made this piece for me, I gotta say. But yay for fic about these three! X3
xxFranceExx chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
aww.. so cute. we see the softer side of both genesis and sephiroth. so kawaii! for awhile there, i imagined them to be kids. haha..

u did a great job writing this.. i look forward to ur other stories.. :)
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Oh, wow! This is another powerful story!

Poor Seph has a lot to worry about; the line about how Seph can't afford to openly feel emotions was very poignant.

I loved Genesis and Angeal's talk in the beginning; Genesis' line about "Sensitive and Sephiroth..." was my favorite!

And I loved how Genesis finally understands what Seph must be going through.

Another great story!