Reviews for Second Chance
bibliophile030 chapter 38 . 8/22
Lovely, absolutely splendid read. I think you really expanded on the concept of the enchanted portraits to create a wondrous story of guilt, redemption, second chances, and the way one can look at the life they've been given. Thank you for such an intricate and profound story.
Hopeful-z chapter 38 . 7/7
It was a very good story. I vastly enjoyed reading it.
Most of all I am awed by the way you masterfully described the life of each and every one of us, how we are all prisoners of our upbringing and environment, and how we all wish to expand our existence.
The most curious thing is that I usually don't like stories in which the hero dies, but in your story I became extremely sad when Severus decided to stay. I guess in my opinion starting the next great adventure is much better than an eternity confined to a two dimensional prison. But don't worry your last chapter lightened my mood considerably :-)

Hopeful-z chapter 17 . 6/25
I don't know why, but your story brought me back to the feeling I had while reading Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde.
Charmandar chapter 15 . 5/28
Ouch. Well, there goes my little heart.
MissNikita chapter 38 . 5/11
I absolutely loved what you did with Severus, I think its even better then turning him human through a miracle.

You healed his soul and gave him a purpose, a fulfillment through his "life" as a protrait.

Really liked how you explained the difference between Severus and a regular portrait aswell.

Your English is just fine, I am Dutch myself so I understand the difficulty another language can give you sometimes.
MissNikita chapter 32 . 5/10
I love this idea and I ammso happy to understand why Severus is so miserable in his painting, I knew this couldnt be the way of paintings
MissNikita chapter 21 . 5/9
Is Severus gonna come alive again?

Been thinking this for quite a few chapters for several reasons.

I dont think the magical world would make portraits suffer so much, Severus' feelings seem quite intense, an eternity of that would seem like torture to him, something ai cant believe the magical world wouldnt have considered.

Second Lily's reaction just now when she spoke to Albus.

And last, the name of this title, perhaps its not must a second/third chance with a Potter.

Cant wait to find out if my musings are utterly incorrect or correct.

One thing confuses me though, its Albus Severus a Slytherin or a Gryffindor, you have stated both
MissNikita chapter 5 . 5/8
To jse Ron Weasleys words: Bloody hell!

That was indeed emotional, I saw the scene between Minerva and Severus inside my head with The faves off course of Maggie and Alan, I truly believe in the redemption story of Severus Snape.
purrbaby101 chapter 38 . 3/26
The ending was perfect! I'm so glad Severus chose to stay a portrait. You keep apologizing for English not being your first language but you really shouldn't. Your writing is way better than some native speakers for sure. I loved the introduction of Marcello and his grandfather - it just made sense in the whole scheme of things. Point is, I really enjoyed this fic and I'm glad I finally was able to read it after all these years. Great job.
Icarus Unbound chapter 38 . 2/9
One of the best, if not the best. How I admire you... :)
JayneForester chapter 38 . 2/7
This is a really fantastic story, I loved it! You captured the emotions of the characters perfectly, and your writing is very good. I love the idea too, it's really unique. Thanks!
Kzndnzkz chapter 38 . 11/12/2015
So many emotions that are GOING to explode...
palecry chapter 1 . 8/30/2015
Such a good story, thanks for the read!
trincam2011 chapter 38 . 4/18/2015
Date: 2015 :)
Thank you for a great piece of work. I have thoroughly enjoyed it, the emotional aspects of it - exactly like the sorts I was looking for at the moment. I really like your writing style too, descriptive, funny and touching.
Wish you a good journey in creating more interesting stories!
P/S: maybe more words than just 'meditative'
Good Idea chapter 16 . 3/15/2015
Wasn't Al Sev Pot a Slytherin?