Reviews for Just For Today
littlebirds chapter 1 . 11/4/2015
It truly is nice to think there were joyful moments for this family before everyone died, though the cruel irony of Ted's statement that he couldn't imagine facing a world without Andromeda whip-stings the heart.

Nicely done, sir.
Intervigilium chapter 1 . 10/19/2015
Serves me right for trying to save me some Mercurial for the rest of the week and choosing another story to review. Feels Monday. That's just great.

Much like you once told me with one of my stories, there's a heartbreaking juxtaposition to seeing these characters so happy, as they should be, and knowing how the story ends for them. And there's Tonks so happy, and Andromeda so in character, and Ted. Oh, Ted.

So well written it breaks the heart, Chris. Well done.
Cordelia McGonagall chapter 1 . 10/19/2015
Oh, this is terribly poignant and sweet - so many promises made. Sigh.
Sara Winters chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
I'm amazed the husband-to-be got a word in edgewise, given the determination of the bride.
Narcissa-Weasly chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Aww, this was some really cute fluff. You deskribe everyone very realistic and how her mum first isn't so sure about everything and her dad helping her when she is nervous.

I really liked the quote: "Dora, breathe love. Your hair's turning blue."
Rita Arabella Black chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Wow! I can't believe I hadn't read this story before. I loved it; it was so sweet (don't cringe, I know you don't want to hear the word) and it is so optimistic despite the war. Bravo.
WelcomeToLolaLand chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
I LOVED it! Really amazing! Tonks was such IC, she's always making jokes and talking a lot, I love her character.

The story had just the laughing I needed :) and I've always imagined that it was hard for Andromeda to accept Tonks marriage with Lupin, but because she had a hard time in the same aspect, maybe at the end she thought it wasn't quite a big deal.

I loved the conversation between Tonks and her dad. :)

Great story!
gooseberrie chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
This was simply... fantastic. I love your characterisation of Tonks, it was spot-on; and the touches of humour here and there are just right! I love the details that you've added in, like Tonks' changing hair colour and her Barbie Dreamhouse. Overall, this was pretty perfect; it made me smile because I haven't read such a good RemusTonks in ages. :)
SapphireMoon10 chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
You wrote this really well, with the right amount of humor.

The characterisation about Dora was spot on and I really liked how her mum is not sure about the marrige.

I really wish Tonks and Lupin didn't die in the war. It would be so much fun to write about them raising a child together.

Really good oneshot, I liked it.

~Sapphire
Nightlock Stained Lips chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
I think you really got Tonks spot on in this. I could totally envision the whole thing in my head. It's bittersweet how they lost their lives the battle. I absolutely adore this, well done!
whatabeautifulmess chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Brilliant, just brilliant. I loved how you charcterised Dora, you got her just right. I especially love how he speaks, it's just right - she's rough and ready, not crude, but less lady-like than I'm sure her mother would have liked, and an almost odd match for Remus, much as I love them: he's so gentlemanly and polite and she's far more casual and open. The section at the end, where she discusses her parents' marriage with Ted was great, giving an insight not just into Remus and Tonks marriage but Ted and Andromeda's life together as well.

Wonderfully written and for a much-beloved ship - a favourite.
Principi Phantasia chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Amazing. Really.

It was just so beautiful but not too serious (of course not, Tonks always lighten up the mood)

And where Remus was about to seriously propose and all, Tonks stopped him by joking and that was nice for me :)

I love how you pay attention to details like her everchanging hair color and all :)

Just wondering, Andromeda Black was a Slytherin? There are so many versions of her house, you see..

What an amusing little fact, what Tonks did with her Barbie Dreamhouse hahaha quite expected tho, if you think about it ;)

And I love her conversation with her father on her wedding day, the part where his father explained why he married her mother.

Lovely.

JJ Rust chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
Good story! Tonks is certainly take-charge in this one . . . and quite the motormouth. "Breathe, Tonks. Breathe." Great bit with the proposal and Tonks getting indignant with Remus getting on bended knee when she was the one who popped the question. I also liked the conversations Tonks had with her parents, especially with Ted and the reason he married Andromeda in the first place.

Two thumbs up, man.

BTW, Happy Belated Opening Day!
Sadie Lovegood chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
Well, you've proven to me that you're not totally anti-Remus/Tonks. I lime your theme and your characterizations are extremely believable.

I found Tonks to be a little TOO...er...cheeky, however. But that might just be my humble opinion. See, I've been looking deep into her character in writing my R/T epic, and I always come to the conclusion that Tonks isn't as youthful and peppy as we first meet her in book 5. Even in DH you don't really sense her being so youthful and innocent. I always feel Remus, both his good and bad actions, have helped her to grow, and the war and the deaths of those close to her would have aged her as well. She's been exposed to quite a bit, who wouldn't have experienced a bit of aging, even at the tender age of 24 years?

Again, that just may be my POV, you could've been going for a whole different mood, but it's just how I sensed Tonks' character development. As much as David Yates wants to cut it out, there's no doubt her evolution is present.

But I do like your writing, and you did clearly put a lot of thought into this oneshot, so kudos!

~Sadie