Reviews for Unlikely Allies
Yeah chapter 1 . 6/20
I reviewed this a little after you first published it... it's almost TEN years later; sort'a, anyways.. prolly?

In retrospect, I see the twisted levels of politics you were aiming for when writing. Good Job, it was a memorable oneshot. Thanks.
purpleMurex chapter 1 . 4/10
Very nice :D
RafeFallstar chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
This is a thing of beauty, politicking at its finest. This reminds me of House of Cards.

Both characters work. The issues are small, but important on the level of the people who are playing the game. Good job.

One question, tho: is Draco progressive because it is in vogue due to Harry's win and the backlash against purebloodist sentiment, or is it his real opinion? Quick way to restore the family name, after all.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
Really good.
Fetteraga chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
nicely done
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Hmm, I THINK this is unlikely, but it's cracking me up laughing thinking of the reactions to what they're planning! :-D
64teeth chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
nice :) well thought and well written :)
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Holy crap. I never thought I'd read a D/G that didn't make my flesh crawl (and yes, with the UST undertones in this one, I'll call it a D/G). Surprised I hadn't read it before. Bravo.
ray74656 chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Very good.
Special Spriggy Exorcist chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Not my favourite story of yours, but then I imagine that's the same for most people.

Firsty, I'm amazed that nobody died! I'm also quite impressed that you've taken two very one dimensional characters and actually given them something of a personality. I think that the line about the conjured shoes was overkill, but amusing nonetheless. Would I be correct in detecting slight hints of an 'almost-affair'? Anyway, onto your other stories, and here's to hoping that Hermione doesn't get the role of Headmistress.
Lens of Sanity chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
I don't hate it ... BAH!, it's actually quite good...

I get the feeling, especially because I've read your other works, that you actually understand a lot more of narrative than I do.

I'm commenting, not just because of this story, but because I get the impression you are TWENTY YEARS further along the 'author skill set' than I am...

...even though I'd estimate you are in you are only in your mid 30's physically...

...Nevertheless, this is the kind of writing I hope to achieve when I, y'know, get "OLDER"

Therefore, Fanmail

Runecutter chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Nice banter and many interesting pieces hinting at what happened in the world behind this story, but then... there's not really a plot behind it, a little shallow compared to other stories you've done or at best a small nifty pleasure piece without large impact. Nice but not lasting in memory.
HerGoldenWings chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
(: loved it.
Osprey Eamon chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
I really like the idea and what you’ve done with it, and the way you’ve portrayed Ginny and Draco’s adult selves. The pair’s conversation about manipulations and the practicalities of getting their way is very good.
twistyguru chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
An excellent example of making fine lemonade out of lemons. I quite enjoyed this story, which is not only canon-compliant but rich, complete and satisfying in and of itself.

Well done!