Reviews for Forged in Darkness: A Dark Brotherhood Tale
Sakamae chapter 59 . 5/30
You know, thanks to this fanfiction I can't picture the Dark Brotherhood in Cyrodiil without Sarielle. And I seriously ship her and Lucien! What's the name of the ship? Sarien? Lucielle?
Sokat chapter 53 . 5/16
If this is gonna be the tone from now on I think you just kinda ruined the fic. I hate infatuated teenagers and Sarielle was an infatuated teenager in this chapter.
Dannazione chapter 73 . 2/21
I am aware that this fic is eight years old now, so a review would not mean as much as it would have in 2008, but... And this, here, is a big, fat, capitalized, "But".
What a journey! I spent the last 20 hours or so reading this gem, I just couldn't stop reading.
The base plot is the DB story we all know and love, but the additions and changes you made make it, in my opinion, even better. For who among us Oblivion lovers hasn't cried his/her heart out during the Purification, and fervently wished it could be changed, somehow? I tell you, I certainly did.
At first I wasn't even aware of the way you would go on with the story, even if I subconsciously may have suspected something - but when I did understand, man, it was the best feeling ever. Especially after all the pain, the agony, poor Sari went through... I really, really liked how you expressed her emotions in those circumstances. She was convinced to have lost her family, and after all the chapters in which you detailed their relationships, the little fights, the affection - I practically *felt* how she felt, my heart ached!
Also, big kudos to you for a great portrayal of both Lucien and Vicente, my favorite bad-ish guys. And let's not forget Shadowmere... That horse has an attitude, and I had the best smiles on my face while reading of her interactions with other horses or Sari; too much stubborness makes the girls clash, I guess.
To put an end to this unending spiel... Thank you for taking the time to write this little gem - if 73 chapters can be considered thus! I will definitely look up your other works and come back to read this again in the future.
Erin chapter 73 . 2/15
Words cannot describe how amazing this masterpiece is. From one Lucien fan to another, you wonderfully portrayed him. I sobbed like three time (I have no shame) and ohmygod the last scene with Vincent's had me rolling. Its beyond comforting, beyond hopeful to know that there is someone else (and many more judging on reviewers) who loves elders rolls so much that they would spend their time writing an extremely lengthy fan fiction. You are an excellent writer, and I do hope you continue to write (perhaps even professionally if you are not already). Enough babble; you and your work are simply brilliant, and I wish you the very best of luck in the future, wherever it may take you. Walk always.
PandaPuppet chapter 73 . 10/6/2015
Well, you've inspired me to actually save up my money and buy Oblivion, though I doubt it'll end as happily as it does now...Well, I can pretend - Right?

On the bright side I just finished reading my now absolute favorite fanfiction ever. I'm recommending this to all of my friends, even if they haven't played The Elder Scrolls!
EbonyWing chapter 73 . 7/31/2015
Brilliant story!

I'm so happy the others aren't dead, I can't even tell you!

This story is a work of art! ;)
I love it!
Sylvaky chapter 73 . 4/14/2015
I can happily say that I was a bubbling pile of tears and kleenex when Sari made it to Applewatch and thought Lucien had died. I found myself getting very angry at him for not trying to hold his own to give his dearest little silencer all the time possible. Then I felt myself descend into a fraction of madness and waiting for revenge to be carried out. Having had everyone safely tucked away at Deepscorn Hollow, though it had crossed my mind as a possibility, was a very surprising turn of events. It made a bad situation good.

Overall I loved this fic. I've only ever favorited one story, and now I am delighted to say I have added a second story to the list. Well done indeed.

I look forward to reading more of your works.
SilentAssassin11 chapter 73 . 4/22/2014
Mother. Of. God. I readily admit that this is the best Elder Scrolls fan fiction I've ever read. Each and every single chapter was so enjoyable and very descriptive! For the better part of an entire month I keep obsessing over this story, reading each and every line either on my computer or on my phone! I praise you for writing such a wonderful story and look forward to reading the rest of your works.

And last but certainly not least,

DevoutOfSheogorath chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
The description of Sarielle was extremely good - I hated her from the beginning to the end!
A very well-designed dark character with plausible motivs and comprehensive means to an observable end.
I just had really wished that the Purge actually had been destroyed for the soul pain it would cause that cold bitch.
I loved this!
Guest chapter 73 . 1/26/2014
I. Effing. Love. You. Seriously though, the fic was superb! I very much enjoyed the liberties you took with characterization and bits of plot. The end was quite unexpected and I find it to be preferable to the game's actual ending. Please write more fics! I Vicente needs lovin too!
Aranden1 chapter 73 . 1/19/2014
I have just finished reading this fic and ASDFGHJKL;: I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I cannot believe how brilliant this story is! I love how you got all the character's personalities right and detailed, nothing was rushed and the storyline was amazing. You are such a good writer, I cried twice during it (once during the Purification and the other at Lucien's death.) and I was so happy at the end. It's really a great story. Some of it was absolutely hilarious too, it really took me back to when I was playing through Oblivion, sometimes when a character did something it reminded me of the game and it made me want to cry ;_; Good job! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go read it again!
amber smith chapter 73 . 10/26/2013
the last chapters were really confusing
Mitsuki Shigamatsu chapter 71 . 10/23/2013