Reviews for In the Presence of Angels
Murazor chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
The addition of angels is kind of strange, but it is a nice little fic, even if canon marching on invalidated most of the assumptions you made back in the day.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
Beautiful story!
Hedgi chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
That was- beautiful. Stunning.
Ko-pia chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
I've stumbled across this story several times now, and every time it gives me joy.
aalens chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
I found this fic both fascinating, i.e.I could not stop reading it, and difficult to read because of the subject matter. Thank the Great Goddess that it had a happy ending. Thinking about all those millions for whom the ending was anything but happy though ... too often there is very little humanity in humans and little kind in mankind.
The QAS chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Excellent! Beautifully written. Most of the story seemed to be historically accurate, nice job. I was so sad, but still, truly amazing.
Eclectic Me chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
I don't know what I could say that would do this story justice. It was sweet and beautiful. As I've said to a couple of authors, if I've said it in a review to you before I appologyze, I love stories in which wizards and muggles interact. I've read a few of your stories, and being a bit of a history buff, I've appreciated the that element of them. I also appreciate the inspiration in them. Your comments at the end were also lovely. Just one though. You said no one apparated in the story, but isn't that what Moody did when he was leaving them? Also just an FYI in case you've never read it, it's revealed in the Tales of Beatle the Bard that at least one of the unforgiveables became illegal in 1742, or at least, so I believe. Of course I understand that book hadn't been published when this story was written.
SJ chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
What a wonderful story. I love your take on Mr. Moody. Very touching. Evil is. But it is nice to remember that there are angels amoungst us.
EriEka127 chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
loved it!
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Dear Seldes:

Minor point. The story of the Maccabees doesn't appear in the Torah; in fact, nowadays, it doesn't even appear in the Jewish Bible. It's the subject of two of the books in the Greek Old Testament, which were eliminated en masse from the Jewish canon during the first century A.D. (39th century A.M.), ostensibly to preserve the purity of the Hebrew tradition, but really, I think, because the Christians were getting too much mileage out of the Book of Wisdom. "For if the just man be the son of God, He will help him, and deliver him from the hand of his enemies... Let us condemn him with a shameful death: for by his own saying he shall be respected..." I mean, really.

This was probably more than you ever wanted to know about the Books of Maccabees, but still, I hope it profits you.

Sincerely,

Qoheleth
Morgaine of the Faeries chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
Hullo!

That was very nice. I like all the research and educated guesses about spells, etc. Just a few things about Judism:

-in the beginning, the granddaughter asks if the angel had a halo. Jews don't think angels have halos; angels are supposed to look just like ordinary people.

-chances are that a Jewish family, especially at that time, wouldn't think Moody was an angel. They would think he was Elijah the Prophet, mainly because he ate with them (angels don't eat) and because there are many Jewish traditions of Elija coming to earth in this fashion.

Despite these small mistakes, though, it was a lovely story! It's nice to see young Moody, and I really enjoyed reading this.

Thank you!

-Morgie
Capricia chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Very well written. An excellent view of Mad Eye Moody.
Moonshadow chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
Wow. This is amazing. One of the sweetest fics I've read, and I like the character that you used. Alastor isn't someone who you see popping up in fan fiction a lot. This is a beautifully written masterpiece, simply heartwarming.
TheSnitchSeeker chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
I like it!
Mousker chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
This story was truly beautiful. I loved the message and hope it brings. Thank you.