Reviews for Man To Man
Tigressa chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Would love to see more of this hun could you expand on this story line its good xx

Claire Bolly HS x
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this, especially the level of physical and emotional detail - very strong descriptions.

Dare I hope that you use this as a jumping-off point for the next story?
SpaceAnJL chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Superb. The man IS a Neanderthal, and yet somehow, you can forgive him...

(but I like Jayne Cobb, too, so I'm just wrong like that...)
CoffinWood chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Great story! I'd missed it because of how it was listed on LOM, but I'm so happy I ran across it. Any chance of more A2A out of you? You're really gifted, and write wonderfully well.
Cortina-Quattro chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Abso-freaking-lutely brilliant. Dialogue/ voices, spot on. Well done!
leakybiro chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
Fantastic. Love the original angle and cant wait for the sequel.
allofmyheart chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Wow! Never thought I'd enjoy being inside Evan's head, but that was really good - lots of believable insight into two complex characters. Keep on!
PhantomSpannah chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
That was really good - and an interesting angle to pursue -very refreshing and original! Great stuff and very in character - please write a sequel! It'd be great! :)
Gem6 chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Oh wow,

Fantastic, plenty of laughs in there, please do continue, I love it!

Gem x
monkey-in-hell chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
' “Hippy.”

Gene, quite against his will, felt himself smile a little. '

Me too : )

Good first story and Evan comes across just right, I think.

So, sequel?
HeidiT chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
This is very good. I think the characterisation of both, very different men was spot on.
wombledon chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
Gene describing Evan as, "One set of nails away from being Jesus bloody Christ" had me in stitches. A classic Gene line, if ever there was one.

One tiny little thing, I was just wondering that as Gene has now interacted with "little Alex" again, then it becomes a bit harder for the viewer / reader to accept that "our Alex" has no memory of him whatsoever. But, having said that, it's just one dinner. No biggie. I only mentioned it in case there would be more interaction ahead.

Anyway, well done. This was extremely well written and manages not to demonize Evan for a change. I'm looking forward to more and hope you update soon. Great stuff.
Bluepod chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
You should deffinitely write the gene/alex one you hinted at in the summary, i think you're characterisation was very good, i can actually see Evan getting like this after a few bevvys!

hope you write a sequel of some sort - 's good stuff!
louella chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
This is one of the best written fics I've read - you capture the voices perfectly and bring out the best of both Gene and Evan. Beautifully paced. I would love to read more.
Magglenagall chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
Oh, wow. This is just fantastic. Evan makes me squeamish, but you presented him very fairly here, enough so that I may have to reconsider my opinion of him. And Gene! Your characterization of Gene - including what we see through Evan's eyes - is I think the best I've come across to date. This bit was my favorite by far:

"Ever since Bolly had come into his life, he’d come to feel a lot of things, most of them contradictory. She was witty, strong, bloody-minded and absolutely drop-dead beautiful and it made him feel both incredibly young and incredibly old; the more reasons he found for wanting her, the more he realised he surely could never have her. But right now, listening to White telling her that maybe – just maybe – Alex Drake might want him, too, he felt young. Borderline teenager-like, in fact. Tongue-tied and slightly unsteady on his feet."

Just all-around wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.