Reviews for Harry Potter and the Marauders’ Horcrux
Difdi chapter 1 . 1/17
The obvious gift to get for McGonagall - something she'd never get for herself, yet in the proper spirit of the Marauders - would be a tin of catnip tea, in tea bags.
dakeyras chapter 1 . 1/7
Hi, do you know if anyone has written a continuation of this story?
FreelanceBum chapter 1 . 1/4
Man quite the list of demands for continuing it.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Read marker
The Dark One Rising chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
Does killing a spider really rip apart a soul. I had assumed it had to be cold blooded murder of a sentient being. Also, I would certainly read a continuation of this!
Endgames chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
Damn, and I thought I was the only one who came up with the idea of Harry talking to his father using the map. It's an intriguing idea that it could be a horocrux though, and it does make some kind of sense. Not sure I buy the mechanics (killing a spider being just as good, or that damaging the soul can kind of be shrugged off), but it's a fun idea.
Debate4life chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
Oh if only I had time to write this...
Guest chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
HAHAHA! Oh god, this can actually explain a lot! I think the only problem here would be: why didn't the map suck Fred and George's souls when they had it?

Anyway, brilliant piece! Off to find more of this on your page-
Keep it up!
E
kildar2010 chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Oh My God! if someone ever takes this idea up please post another chapter with a link, i'd love to read this story once it was done.
ukwand77 chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
I'd like to read the continuation of this, it would be hilarious! Did anyone ever take up the offer? Great story idea.
To the TARDIS chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Wouldn't James be alive? Same with Lily?

But I love this...Know of anyone who continued it? Please link me to their story..
Random number generator chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Their Horcruxes really should be defective.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
So potter would still be alive after he "died" right?
Elise chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Hilarious, funny, great! Thx for this excellent piece of literature, I enjoyed it very much!
Benjamin Goldberg chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
If the Marauders turned the map into a Horcrux, and if Lily also made a Horcrux, then the both of them should have become wraiths when they died, just like Voldemort did. And instead of fleeing the Godric's Hollow house, as Voldie did, they would have floated around, and wondered WFT just happened.

Harry being haunted, protected, and educated by the spirits of his parents would be very cool.

Equally cool would be if Lily had a magical portrait of herself made, and turned it into a Horcrux... after getting "killed," Lily's wraith would probably tell someone to make sure that the portrait was somewhere in Harry's home.

Based on the description of the purpose of Horcruxes, it seems very unlikely that the diary was supposed to suck up someone's life force and come to life. It was supposed to sit there quietly, and do nothing more than anchor Voldies soul to the realm of the living.

Lucius didn't sneak the diary into Ginny's cauldron for it to possess her... he did it so that she would be caught owning a dark magical object, right at the time the Wizengamot was discussing some pro-muggle laws.

I realized there's no evidence of this, but I think the diary probably didn't absorb ink when it was first given to Ginny... only after she started writing in it, and putting in her emotions, did it wake up, absorb everything she'd written, and start writing back.

Similarly, the map shouldn't start "awake" and able to hold conversations. Only after Harry tries writing on it, should it wake up.

Also, since the Mauraders don't really know the full details of what they did, the parts of them in the map won't think to try to escape from it and become real... not until Harry tells them the story about his second year of Hogwarts.