Reviews for Fated to be Free
Underwater Dreaming chapter 2 . 10/25/2011
Otherplaceland:D... HMM.
Strawberry Eggs chapter 2 . 8/15/2011
You know, I had fully intended to review the first chapter of this a long time ago. I even recall printing it to read on the train so I could review it the following day. I did read it however… Ah ha. Heck, I plan to eventually review my enormous backlog, though for obvious reason, stories that haven’t been updated in years have been at the bottom of my priority list.

Yeah, enough about that, time to actually get to this story. I’ll mostly be talking about the second chapter.

And we finally find out what happened to Lloyd’s departed/disembodied soul. I do believe this chapter proves why amnesia is such a popular trope – what better way to dump a lot of exposition at once than to have an amnesiac protagonist? I’m not saying that it’s a bad thing, nor is all the information “dumped” per se. It also helps that Lloyd-Caelestis doesn’t really have amnesia. I thought the in-and-outs of Cael’s world were handled well – certainly better than my exposition attempts (though I think “O Keepers of the Crystal” is better handled than my ToP fics). I didn’t spot any plot holes, but it’s rather late as I read and type this, so maybe I just missed them. :P it’s great to learn more about these people who invaded Aselia back in “Sealed Fates.”

I got a chuckle of the line about the tests Lloyd “managed to fail quite expertly,” as well as a smile out of Lloyd getting nostalgic from being slapped by “his” mother. I also did a double-take at “OTHERPLACELAND:D.” The more things the more they stay the same, huh (well, except for that last one).

And it seems that history will repeat itself . . . or will it? Lloyd just realized by the end that he’s playing Caelestis’s/Animeus’s role and will lead Fervidus and whoever else will be joining them to Aselia. I assume he’s not going to steer them to some other, preferably uninhabited planet, but what will happen from here on out? It will certainly be interesting.

Overall, I really like this story thus far. It’s quite well written, though that’s to be expected. While he held back on the mild world-building, I thought it was still handled well with little in the way of plot holes or confusion. I didn’t spy any obvious errors grammar or otherwise, either. I eagerly await more (though I hope it won't take three more years to do so XD).
Athina Dark-Angel of Death chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
I am really looking forward to what comes next.
doragon no mizu chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Uhm, okay, first a string of apologies for taking so long to get to this. I just wasn't in the right mood to read it, but once I have, ho boy. But we'll get to that in a second.

First of all, I love the first part, It was beautifully descriptive. Also, it made me giggle, 'cause my automatic lexicdys brain that switches letters around formulated that Ruian with an 'O' added and scrambled up is Aurion. Tehe.

Lastly: "Where ever I am, time stands still." the paragraph that begins with this sentence. It unlocked dams in my brain. It truly did, like this gigantic force came was released from its center and rushed out to the white walls of its protective casing. And I saw everything in RotH play out to the very end, like a movie. I swear it; it was a pretty awesome movie, too. Anyway, so thanks for that.

Finally,

Loves and doves:

D
A raging Ghost chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
New life eh? nice.. i didn't think thats what u meant but now i think i know

born in the past to recreate new time as a new person Good Job